GameCrazy $30 trade in deals

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
GC is running a $30 trade in promotion on certain games (listed below) to be put toward Indiana Jones & the staff of kings, Transformers revenge of the fallen, Ghostbusters the video game, & Fight night round 4. Basically if you trade in any of the following listed games toward the purchase of the previous listed games you will receive $30 in credit towards the game.

the games that they accept for this deal are:
animal crossing city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw, chronicles of riddick dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2 project origin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, L4D, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, RE5, street fighter 4, super smash bros brawl.

here is the link to their site: http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/ad/2.aspx

edit: corrected godfather to godfather 2

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing more than the extra 20% trade-in credit towards the purchase of a new game that they usually do, they just marketed it better this time.

And it's Godfather 2, not Godfather. Might be time to dump off Fallout 3 (since the GOTY is coming soon) and Street Fighter IV.

My local Target has probably 30 Fear 2s at $24.98. I think there's still one more possible drop on that price before they get rid of them. Hopefully next week it will be $12. That would be great fodder for Fight Night Round 4.

[quote name='Scorch']This is nothing more than the extra 20% trade-in credit towards the purchase of a new game that they usually do, they just marketed it better this time.

And it's Godfather 2, not Godfather. Might be time to dump off Fallout 3 (since the GOTY is coming soon) and Street Fighter IV.[/QUOTE]

Well I would say it is pretty good marketing. but when i looked at their site they have L4D trade in value listed at $22, so an extra 20% would only be $4.40 which does not equal to $30. even if they allowed you to combine it with the MVP for a 30% trade in increase(which they don't) that would still only come out to $28.60 in trade in value. So either i missed something here or this is a different promotion.

& yes he is correct it is supposed to be Godfather 2 & not Godfather, i need to proof read next time.

[quote name='deneem4']so can u trade in 2 games for jus one of the featured titles and get it for free?[/QUOTE]

The ad doesn't specify, i'm gonna guess no. but you would have to check with your GC to know for sure.

on a side note, while reading the fine print it says the offer is only good from 6/15/09-6/21/09 unless otherwise marked.

I know it says that L4D trades in at $22, but during this promotional period, they're going to up the credit value to $25. With the 20% bump, it'll be $30.. they do this fairly often with new releases, but it's usually only with games that have recently come out, they're giving $30 for some fairly old titles here..

[quote name='Scorch']I know it says that L4D trades in at $22, but during this promotional period, they're going to up the credit value to $25. With the 20% bump, it'll be $30.. they do this fairly often with new releases, but it's usually only with games that have recently come out, they're giving $30 for some fairly old titles here..[/QUOTE]

Ahh i see. i was unaware of the fact that they bump it up to $25 starting trade in credit, that is good to know. thanks for the information. but it is still a good deal & it is also good to get the word out to those who may not know.

[quote name='deneem4']so can u trade in 2 games for jus one of the featured titles and get it for free?[/QUOTE]

this would work for sure at my store and there is no tax on store credit.
unless I get a memo saying to only take one trade that is.
good luck to all

well then, looks like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe might be leaving my shelf. $30 credit towards Ghostbusters is much better than a flat $19 credit at GS.

Not sure the ad doesnt say..
random.jpg

i dont think its system specific, well at least i hope not. cause it dones dsay $30 credit to the game which is basically a regular trade with bumped values

[quote name='VipFREAK']WhOa... whOa... I trade in FEAR 2 and get $30 towards a new game?

Edit: Oh... for one of those 4 worthless games... FAIL[/QUOTE]

Keep your opinions to yourself. Fight Night Round 4 is supposed to be pretty amazing, Ghostbusters got a 8.5/10. Transformers is supposed to be re-amped with a new developer. Indiana Jones I have no idea bout, but trailer looks good, could be a flop but we'll see.

I would do this for Transformers if I got a free movie ticket.

[quote name='seventh_sage']GC is running a $30 trade in promotion on certain games (listed below) to be put toward Indiana Jones & the staff of kings, Transformers revenge of the fallen, Ghostbusters the video game, & Fight night round 4. Basically if you trade in any of the following listed games toward the purchase of the previous listed games you will receive $30 in credit towards the game.

the games that they accept for this deal are:
animal crossing city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw, chronicles of riddick dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2 project origin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, L4D, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, RE5, street fighter 4, super smash bros brawl.

here is the link to their site: http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/ad/2.aspx

edit: corrected godfather to godfather 2
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

I plan to buy.cheap cheap! do you have any promo codes for furthur bargains ?

I don't know how this is a deal...Most of the games on that list are still easily sellable for $35 on Amazon/EBay...It makes no sense to me why anyone would commit to paying full price for a game on their list, and trading in another new game for less than its value.

Unless you're getting these games for less than what you're trading them in for, this is wasteful and contributes to GameCrazy's profit-margin...Something that I just can't condone.

[quote name='thehoweller']Unless you're getting these games for less than what you're trading them in for[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah.. what site do you think you're on? :lol:

i got fear fior $20 a week after it cam eout, i also got blood in the sand for $20 from the microcenter sale all because cheapass gamer

I might throw Smash Brothers and COD: WAW at Fight Night Round 4... but I can't imagine that the idiot that runs the GC by my house is going to have any clue about this promotion. They never do, I'm always five steps ahead of these people because of CAG.

bread's done
Back