GameCrazy: Buy 2 Used, Get one Free on PS2, GC, XB.

martin8me

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
*Sorry if Repost, or Seasonal thing*

Went to GC today and they had a B2G1 Free sign but, it only worked for 4.99 games when I asked the employee.

On closer expection the sign said on ALL used games, can anyone confirm?

it's B2G1 on 4.99 games on PS2, XB and GC. It's been around a while.

The do offer B2G1F on all used games when you buy a system, though.

If you're thinking you can go in and buy an old GameBoy and get B2G1F on 360 games.. you're right (though some employees might not honor it, i've done it for a few customers though)

[quote name='Scorch']it's B2G1 on 4.99 games on PS2, XB and GC. It's been around a while.

The do offer B2G1F on all used games when you buy a system, though.

If you're thinking you can go in and buy an old GameBoy and get B2G1F on 360 games.. you're right (though some employees might not honor it, i've done it for a few customers though)[/quote]

Really? How much does a Gamboy cost at GC?

[quote name='martin8me']Really? How much does a Gamboy cost at GC?[/QUOTE]
one of the many GC secrets to getting games on the cheap, the gameboy is around $10.

[quote name='M1C13']one of the many GC secrets to getting games on the cheap, the gameboy is around $10.[/quote]

Master, tell me more!

[quote name='martin8me']Master, tell me more![/QUOTE]
well here is an interesting one, if you are going to do the classic plastic on 3 for $10 don't bring up games that are $1.99 because the price will be raised to $3.33. They won't say anything to you and if they do they will tell you that the savings from the $9.99 game you bought make up for it, simply say that you want this game outside of the 3 for $10 deal.

When you pick up your preorder always ask for a rent 1 get 1 coupon to holloywood video, otherwise they will not give it to you (YMMV) samething can go for 12 free rental coupons but that one is very very YMMV

If you see a middle aged man with a laptop bag that drives a jeep liberty that is the district manager, if you want to get you way on anything now is the time to do it.

if you are preodering something and you want to put down more than $5 always look at your receipt afterwards you most likely just preordered multiple copies of the game.

if you haven't been in six months and you had store credit on your account then its gone, or you just preordered something that you didn't ask for, had your MVP renewed, or it was giving to someone else.

if you don't want a game guard but you don't have an mvp you probably just got a game guard (YMMV) I didn't do this but another store director told me to do this to "help the numbers"

we have no problem giving you $1.50 for Final fantasy games and then buying them for 3 for $10, we do get first dibs on everything that comes into the store and there is no policy on how long we can hold something, I have had the zelda collectors edition game in my hold bin for about a month.

If the person ringing you up swips a gift card ask to speak to the manager because something shiftty just happened, it can be a number of things. 1) if you are trading in game they might have just bought one from you without asking you, 2) they took money from someones account and are using it to give you gameguards (helps the numbers), 3. they are telling you that today only you can get an new MVP card for $15, or maybe even $10 if they are struggling.

thats all for now.

[quote name='martin8me']*Sorry if Repost, or Seasonal thing*

Went to GC today and they had a B2G1 Free sign but, it only worked for 4.99 games when I asked the employee.

On closer expection the sign said on ALL used games, can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]
Nice, is that the GC near Ross and Bank of America? Might have to check it out.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Nice, is that the GC near Ross and Bank of America? Might have to check it out.[/quote]

Yeah, sure was.

[quote name='M1C13']well here is an interesting one, if you are going to do the classic plastic on 3 for $10 don't bring up games that are $1.99 because the price will be raised to $3.33. They won't say anything to you and if they do they will tell you that the savings from the $9.99 game you bought make up for it, simply say that you want this game outside of the 3 for $10 deal.

When you pick up your preorder always ask for a rent 1 get 1 coupon to holloywood video, otherwise they will not give it to you (YMMV) samething can go for 12 free rental coupons but that one is very very YMMV

If you see a middle aged man with a laptop bag that drives a jeep liberty that is the district manager, if you want to get you way on anything now is the time to do it.

if you are preodering something and you want to put down more than $5 always look at your receipt afterwards you most likely just preordered multiple copies of the game.

if you haven't been in six months and you had store credit on your account then its gone, or you just preordered something that you didn't ask for, had your MVP renewed, or it was giving to someone else.

if you don't want a game guard but you don't have an mvp you probably just got a game guard (YMMV) I didn't do this but another store director told me to do this to "help the numbers"

we have no problem giving you $1.50 for Final fantasy games and then buying them for 3 for $10, we do get first dibs on everything that comes into the store and there is no policy on how long we can hold something, I have had the zelda collectors edition game in my hold bin for about a month.

If the person ringing you up swips a gift card ask to speak to the manager because something shiftty just happened, it can be a number of things. 1) if you are trading in game they might have just bought one from you without asking you, 2) they took money from someones account and are using it to give you gameguards (helps the numbers), 3. they are telling you that today only you can get an new MVP card for $15, or maybe even $10 if they are struggling.

thats all for now.[/quote]

Jesus Christ what kind of fucked up Store/District do you work in??? I've been with the company for about a year and a half, worked at 3 different stores, and never seen any of that really sketchy stuff you just posted.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Jesus Christ what kind of fucked up Store/District do you work in??? I've been with the company for about a year and a half, worked at 3 different stores, and never seen any of that really sketchy stuff you just posted.[/QUOTE]
thats just the tip of the iceberg, I actually put my two weeks notice in today, because I couldn't take it anymore, I was trained to do these things from multiple ASD, SD, DMs

[quote name='M1C13']thats just the tip of the iceberg, I actually put my two weeks notice in today, because I couldn't take it anymore, I was trained to do these things from multiple ASD, SD, DMs[/quote]

I've heard of stuff like that before and I always think... If they can't keep up by being legit... Then they shouldn't have the job. I know of stores who pull some bullshit on their MVPs but my store still always beats them in MVPs every week by being legit and not pulling any bullshit.

yeah, thats the way I do it but apparently thats not the way managment likes it. At least around these parts. It's sad, but most of the people I work(ed) with don't care because we get paid the same as a cart boy and selling mvp is the only way they can make extra money, $4 per MVP, $1-10 on Service contracts for those that don't know. so that is how they justify it. Doesn't make sense I know.

No kidding. I've never heard of any of the shit done there. I'm pretty far up on the ranker and haven't really done anything shifty. I teach people about the R1G1 stuff.. I have people that have $5 on their account and come in every Tuesday and flop it on to something else so they can rent two of the latest movies for the price of one.

I don't pitch the game guard as often as I should. I don't really sell them that much, honestly. I think it's a waste of time and effort, especially when someone buys a new game. Let's not kid ourselves - GameCrazy isn't GameStop, when your new copy of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy stops working next February, we're not going to have another new copy to exchange it with. A used one, maybe.

B2G1F when buying a used system is one of my favorite tricks.. I picked up three 360 games for around $85 around Christmas.. i'm also the proud owner of an original Game Boy.

The hold bin is very YMMV. They don't really care around here, but at one point, we were prevented from having a hold bin. They don't care so much now.

Yeah, in your district. I know my DM on a first name basis, the car he drives, etc., and it's the polar opposite of everything mentioned above. Meatter of fact, the only person that comes in the store with a laptop bag is our Nintendo rep (and she's awesome, one of the most awesome people i've ever talked to that works for a game company).

But the multiple preorder, missing credit, unwanted game guards.. good god, I have a conscience, I can't operate like that - now I completely understand why some people hate GameCrazy.

[quote name='Scorch']
But the multiple preorder, missing credit, unwanted game guards.. good god, I have a conscience, I can't operate like that - now I completely understand why some people hate GameCrazy.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering when you would join the party scorch, yeah it's pretty bad but it's the fact that it is taught in our district and talked about pretty openly that made me sick, for example a manager came in from another store and wanted to get some games transfered, one of the games came up in the computer as having zero (theres a whole nother story) so he told me to trade it in and then transfer it out, made my stomach hurt... this was while there were customers in the store.

It's good to hear that not all stores are like this if I was working at one of your stores I might actually like it and still be working there, well nevermind the last/only raise I got was given to me by the state when they raised minimum wage. I have been an A player every week for the past 10 weeks, and that is without cheating, it's sad that I have to clarify.

Oh and the DM thing I knew that was a stretch, but every DM in my area looks the same like they came out of a mold.

and scorch the preorder coupon is supposed to be when they pcik up the preorder not when they make the preorder it says it right on the coupon, otherwise you will get what you are doing which is just giving out the coupon to people that don't buy games at all.

[quote name='M1C13']and scorch the preorder coupon is supposed to be when they pcik up the preorder not when they make the preorder it says it right on the coupon[/quote]
Negative, sir.

"Thanks for your pre-order" with a "RESERVE NOW" bar on the side.

If i'm wrong, please point out the area on the coupon that says this coupon must be handed out upon purchase.

Even on the site, it says "Reserve Now and get a free game rental".

otherwise you will get what you are doing which is just giving out the coupon to people that don't buy games at all.

Honestly, it's all about the numbers, and them rolling a preorder over to something else counts. It also gets extra inventory in our store to sell.

[quote name='Scorch']Negative, sir.

"Thanks for your pre-order" with a "RESERVE NOW" bar on the side.

If i'm wrong, please point out the area on the coupon that says this coupon must be handed out upon purchase.

Even on the site, it says "Reserve Now and get a free game rental".

Honestly, it's all about the numbers, and them rolling a preorder over to something else counts. It also gets extra inventory in our store to sell.[/QUOTE]
well after telling all the stuff my store was shitfy on I come to find out we were being stindgy (spelling) with our coupons, well sucks I work two more weeks i could have used that.

but in other news this is a deal thread so we can either close this down, or since I don't really care what my store thinks we can move this to the store discussion thread and I can give some SD practices that will make your head spin.

on the deal side of things did you guys jump on the preoder deal for the elite and/or did your stores get the black accessories yet.

[quote name='M1C13']on the deal side of things did you guys jump on the preoder deal for the elite[/quote]
The elite preorder deal was for employees only.. there's only going to be one or two per store, if that.

[quote name='M1C13']

.[/QUOTE]
I love it when you nubs get yourself fired before you can actually afford to buy 3 classic games for $10 with those GC paychecks.....

[quote name='freshzen']I love it when you nubs get yourself fired before you can actually afford to buy 3 classic games for $10 with those GC paychecks.....[/QUOTE]
what?

[quote name='Scorch']The elite preorder deal was for employees only.. there's only going to be one or two per store, if that.[/QUOTE]
yeah I was asking if you and rickyb got in on the deal.

bread's done
Back