GameCrazy Deals (3/17 - 3/25)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
These are all prices for the new copies. I don't know if they'll drop used. If they do, used is almost always $5 cheaper than the new price (Except for the higher priced stuff. (19.99/14.99, 29.99/24.99, 39.99/34.99, 49.99/41.99, 59.99/49.99

Wii

:hot::hot::hot:Alvin and the Chipmunks $19.99 :hot::hot::hot:!!!!!!!
Call of Duty 3 $29.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $29.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 $29.99
Samurai Warriors Katana $39.99 (How is this not bargain bin yet?!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe $29.99
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $29.99

DS

Petz Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, Hamsterz Life 2 - all $19.99
Imagine Babyz, Animal Doctor, Master Chef and Fashion Designer - all $19.99

PS3
Assassin's Creed - $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)

X360
Assassin's Creed $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)
Call of Duty 4 $39.99*** (3/16-3/22 only)
***Free copy of Call of Duty 3 w/ purchase
The Darkness $14.99 (Used only?)

For anyone in the Buffalo area, I got my CoD3 and CoD4 yesterday at the Delaware location. Looked like they had a few CoD3's left, too. No problems and no confusion about the deal. (No confusion in Lockport either, but they were out of CoD3)

Question for you, Scorch: I got the MVP card yesterday but I questioned out loud whether I'd buy and trade in enough games to justify the cost. The guy told me that if I hadn't gotten my $10 worth after a year, they'd give me the difference off on a single used game. Say I'd only received $5 in discounts and trade-in bumps, I'd get $5 off a used game when the card expires. I'm naturally skeptical though - is this true (or even technically possible)? Or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks for the heads up on this! Best deal of the year for me so far.

Nice, glad i waited on COD4 as i wanted it before when cc did the same deal with COD3 but screwed me over not giving me COD3 and ended up returning COD4.

only thought in my mind was with the GOTY edition of COD4 coming out, would it be worth to wait but this is a hell of a deal not to wait for those of us like me without COD3.

Question for you, Scorch: I got the MVP card yesterday but I questioned out loud whether I'd buy and trade in enough games to justify the cost. The guy told me that if I hadn't gotten my $10 worth after a year, they'd give me the difference off on a single used game. Say I'd only received $5 in discounts and trade-in bumps, I'd get $5 off a used game when the card expires. I'm naturally skeptical though - is this true (or even technically possible)? Or did I misunderstand something?

It's true and he essentially offered you 20% off on a newer release. The $9.99 MVP pays for itself very quickly, so I'm guessing whoever it was figured you'd be back in. Unless you don't buy any used games from GC for a year, I don't see how you wouldn't make up the cost.

What does COD3 gold have that COD3 is missing? I'm curious since I got the COD3 game rather than gold.

[quote name='Indiana']What does COD3 gold have that COD3 is missing? I'm curious since I got the COD3 game rather than gold.[/QUOTE]
According to IGN, the gold edition got a bonus DVD and a free map pack for multiplayer.

who would want a making of video of COD3? It was basically an ill conceived mod of COD2. Worth playing and fun like COD2 but I don't need to see how treyarch spends their time.

I was able to pick up another copy today and got a NEW copy of CoD3. I was going to ask about the one I picked up yesterday but didn't bother, it will be up on GOOZex and here shortly. Again thanks Scorch

Yah, I wouldnt mind picking up The Darkness, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty 4 for under $60.

:)

Just hope my GameCrazy still has some copies come Friday.

I got my copies of COD3 and COD4 w/out any issue at my local GC (Castro Valley, CA) today. The dude that worked there was cool as hell, no problems whatsoever.

My Gamecrazy finally got up to speed and had fliers on the counter even! Picked up a used Darkness for $12.99. New COD4 and COD3 for $39.99 and 5 SNES games for $5 with a buck something of credit to spare. Thanks Scorch. You da man.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']My Gamecrazy finally got up to speed and had fliers on the counter even! Picked up a used Darkness for $12.99. New COD4 and COD3 for $39.99 and 5 SNES games for $5 with a buck something of credit to spare. Thanks Scorch. You da man.[/quote]
Same here, my GC had a bunch of flyers just sitting at the counter.

Scorch, or anyone for that matter,

Can a store decide not to honor the COD3/4 deal? I was the Baldwin Park store yesterday and asked for this deal and they told me it wasn't in effect till 3/18, I figured alright what the hell.

Then today I head to my local store, Rosemead, and they tell me they aren't honoring this promotion. They said they "chose" not to honor it. Is that even right? o_O On the other hand, they did honor The Darkness... >_>

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Scorch, or anyone for that matter,

Can a store decide not to honor the COD3/4 deal? I was the Baldwin Park store yesterday and asked for this deal and they told me it wasn't in effect till 3/18, I figured alright what the hell.

Then today I head to my local store, Rosemead, and they tell me they aren't honoring this promotion. They said they "chose" not to honor it. Is that even right? o_O On the other hand, they did honor The Darkness... >_>[/quote]

Sounds like a good time to call the District Manager. I don't believe that GCs are francised (privately owned and pay for the name) so if its company wide they need to honor it. They should have recieved a bunch of COD3s in a shipment (at least the two that I went to both did) for this promotion

hey i got a problem here. i went to GC yesterday and they told me the deal is not starting until today, then i called them today, they told me if i buy COD4 i will get COD3, but it is 59.99.... what the hell? i dont really want to drive 40miles and find out they will not give me the 39.99 deal. what can i do?

[quote name='leung19']hey i got a problem here. i went to GC yesterday and they told me the deal is not starting until today, then i called them today, they told me if i buy COD4 i will get COD3, but it is 59.99.... what the hell? i dont really want to drive 40miles and find out they will not give me the 39.99 deal. what can i do?[/quote]
Show them the ad, ask to talk to a manager, then ask for a district manager.

[quote name='JJSP']Show them the ad, ask to talk to a manager, then ask for a district manager.[/quote]

do they have the ad at the store?

[quote name='leung19']hey i got a problem here. i went to GC yesterday and they told me the deal is not starting until today, then i called them today, they told me if i buy COD4 i will get COD3, but it is 59.99.... what the hell? i dont really want to drive 40miles and find out they will not give me the 39.99 deal. what can i do?[/quote]

My GC tried to rip me off as well with this same BS. They are, in effect, trying to charge $20 for COD3, which should be free.

[quote name='leung19']do they have the ad at the store?[/quote]
They should have it right next to the register. The front cover has a bunch of Sonic games on it advertising them as basket stuffers for Easter.

Just got back from my Gamestop and picked up COD3, COD4, and a used copy of The Darkness all for $52 and some change. I dont know if I had credit there or not but the receipt said the cashier took off $3.84 or something for credit...I didnt even know you could have credit if your not a mvp member. I may have had credit..but Ive only traded like 4 things there before. And last thing I traded there was about a year ago. Ah whatever, sweet deal though. So thank you Scorch.

:)

Went to GC yesterday to pick up CoD4 and CoD3. The cashier didn't know about the deal at all, but he still rang CoD4 for $39.99 and told me to come back today. Came back today and the guy was actually pretty cool and I picked up my free CoD3! I'll pick up The Darkness in a few days...

Recieved my flyer in the mail today so I had it on hand to avoid any confusion in the store. Luckily, the girl knew of the sale and I walked away with CoD3/4 and two copies of the Darknes hassle free! Thanks again for the heads up Scorch!!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Just got back from my Gamestop and picked up COD3, COD4, and a used copy of The Darkness all for $52 and some change. I dont know if I had credit there or not but the receipt said the cashier took off $3.84 or something for credit...I didnt even know you could have credit if your not a mvp member. I may have had credit..but Ive only traded like 4 things there before. And last thing I traded there was about a year ago. Ah whatever, sweet deal though. So thank you Scorch.

:)[/quote]
Don't you mean Gamecrazy?

If so, that's sounds about right.

COD3/4 + 39.99
Darkness + 14.99

= $54.98 + tax with the normal deal

Just for the info, guys, I think the reason for this seemingly universal price drop on COD4 is that the GOTY edition is coming out next month (360 exclusive).

We still make out the deal though since it looks like the GOTY edition will be $60 and have a token to redeem the Variety Map Pack on XBL which cost 800 MS points ($10).

If we download the pack that still is $10 less then the GOTY edition. ($50 total vs. $60)

It hasn't been announced was else if anything else is included in the GOTY edition. I personally don't care for anything non-gaming related like making-of DVD, etc.

[quote name='jazzman']I scored a sealed copy of COD4 w/ free COD3(Gold) and the Darkness earlier today. Funny thing though is that they tried to tack on some Game Protection without even letting me know, I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice.[/QUOTE]

So, is this deal for the COD4 w/ COD3 GOLD EDITION? Who else got the COD3 GOLD Edition? I only got the regular COD3 edition. Why do they still make the regular edition, when the GOLD is already out.....?

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Scorch, or anyone for that matter,

Then today I head to my local store, Rosemead, and they tell me they aren't honoring this promotion. They said they "chose" not to honor it. Is that even right? o_O On the other hand, they did honor The Darkness... >_>[/quote]

1-800-SPEAKTOUS. How can a store not honor a deal? How fucking stupid can some managers be? And yeah, most stores received 4 or 5 COD3's today.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Just got back from my Gamestop[/quote]

:dunce:

We received copies of the gold edition. Just ask for the gold edition when you get your copy.

[quote name='Scorch']1-800-SPEAKTOUS. How can a store not honor a deal? How fucking stupid can some managers be? And yeah, most stores received 4 or 5 COD3's today.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'm not sure what they can do. I'd like to remain anonymous, especially since the employees there are rather nice...

But I'll give them a call while I'm on the can or something... =D Maybe I'll get something for my time...

Thanks for the heads up Scorch! I called my Gamecrazy back today and they got in (regular editions) COD3. So I ran up there on lunch and picked up the combo. Good deal!

I can live without the extra maps...although I may break down and buy them eventually if I get into the COD4 online.

Got the flyer in the mail today and on the front cover there is a bunch of (new?) games on sale. Did someone already mention them?

:ds: Sonic Rush $14.99
:ps3: Sonic the Hedgehog $14.99
:psp: Sega Genesis Collection $9.99 :hot::hot::hot:
:psp: Sonic Rivals $14.99
:psp: Vrtua Tennis 3 $9.99 :hot::hot::hot:
:wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings $19.99
:360: Sonic the Hedgehog $14.99

[quote name='leung19']hey can anyone tell me when the sales end with COD4 for 39.99?
i gave my copy to my brother so i need to buy one more.

thanks[/quote]

3/25 like the title says :whee:

i went in looking for darkness, no luck new or used. i tried out the 'trade in price matching' thing which went through, but no mvp 10% more. i bought a used game and the guy said unless i got the game guards, i wouldnt get the trade in value bonus from blockbuster. then the guy saw my edge card and lectured me on why gs sucks and why i should only shop at gc.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i went in looking for darkness, no luck new or used. i tried out the 'trade in price matching' thing which went through, but no mvp 10% more. i bought a used game and the guy said unless i got the game guards, i wouldnt get the trade in value bonus from blockbuster. then the guy saw my edge card and lectured me on why gs sucks and why i should only shop at gc.[/QUOTE]
well, did you then say that GS doesn't lie and say that you have have to buy a $2 game guard to get a trade in value.

I called my store tonight to see if they had any COD4 left, they said no. I might try another location tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Is there any chance that I could get like a rain check or the slim chance that they may magically get more tomorrow?

I know it's the last day of the sale, but between getting back from college and easter weekend, I was hoping they would have some left.

My store still has a ton of COD4/COD3. I guess everyone around here has it already. Hell, we have several used COD4s at 34.99.

bread's done
Back