Gamecrazy DS Lite/Phat Trade-In for DSi $90/$60

[quote name='kev']$60 for my million year old phat sounds great. I kinda wanted to give it away to one of my student's though...

But that was before I thought I could get $60 for it...

Dang it...[/quote]

I don't see any good that could come out of giving a present like that to a student. At the least, other students would be jealous. If you make it a secret between you and the student, it looks like grooming if anyone finds out. It's sad that an adult can't just give a gift to a child, but it is the world we live in.

If you do want to give it away, I would suggest a contest or raffle where all the students have an equal chance of getting the DS.

Anyway, I know this doesn't add to the thread but I had to caution this poster.

If i dont take advantage of this deal, nintendo is probably going to screw me over by realeasing something awesome. I suggest getting one now if you plan on upgrading in the future.

I bit. $60 for the phat was too good to pass up.

Initial Impressions (from phat to DSi)
The screens are HUGE and BRIGHT!

The D-pad is worse - was difficult to run and shoot diagonally in Contra but I'll probably get used to it

Advanced network encryption is a moot point - all it is really good for is accessing the internet and the online store. Hooray you can use your router without decreasing security... so that you can buy software from us. Sorry, but paying extra to give Nintendo the ability to sell me software isn't my idea of a good deal.

Here's hoping future wi-fi enabled DS games have the advanced networking support for those of us with DSi hardware

I don't see the cameras having any real value yet besides making you look like a jackass. Looking like a jackass is great when other people are around (see Nintendo Wii for example) but for a handheld? We'll see though. They may be able to implement "motion" controls depending on what the camera sees and is able to track.

Loss of GBA slot isn't even a drawback for me - I don't think I ever used it in my old one.

Loss of battery life is another drawback but I'm interested to see how it holds up normal use - which for me is plane rides. I really don't think it will be a problem.

Worth the $120 after trade-in and tax? Yep.
Worth $170? Not a chance.

Regardless, I'm very happy with it as an upgrade from my DS phat. Thanks OP!

I sort of regret trading my ds lite in for the dsi, but if there ever was a trade in deal this would be the best offer. Also, they wouldn't take my system in with a minor crack on the hinge and the serial sticker was removed a long time ago, but nothing a little crazy glue and a spare ds could fix.

Seeing as I have a fat DS, this would end up suiting me better if I want to upgrade.

Now it's a matter of swallowing my pride and walking into a GameCrazy again.

[quote name='Scorch']That deal is part of GameCrazy. It's something that's done with every system, new or used, always has, and always will be that way.

And of course the coupons aren't valid at GameCrazy - the coupons are for RENTALS, GameCrazy is not a rental store.[/QUOTE]

Asswipe at my store said the coupons are not supposed to be given out with DSi's, I'm really disliking this new guy, he's the same guy who told me that I could not preorder 2 of the same color DSi's WTF!! (The manager overrode him on this one), he came from a different store but apparently worked under the new DM, so he thinks he knows everything. Idiot doesn't seem to understand customer loyalty is how you build a business, not reciting retarded company policies.

Thank god with the demise of the BBV pricematch, I'm not building up crazy credit anymore. Once my credit is spent I suspect with the small exception of disc refurbs, I'll stick with the cool folk at my local GS.

Stoned99, Did you find out about the Wired Explorer trade-in?

And to answer you question regarding homebrew, it's already available, similar with R4. But it's not tested with DSi specific game yet, since there is none.

What's the policy on trading in a DS Lite with a cracked hinge (right side)? Do they take them and if so how much do they reduce the trade-in value, if at all?

EDIT: I called a near-ish Gamecrazy and they told me that they don't take DS Lite's with a cracked hinge, that it is company policy. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...very tempting. Say, will Gamecrazy exchange the DSi if the one I get has dead pixel issues? I usually get handhelds at Target because it's easy to exchange them if there is an issue with them.

[quote name='stoned99']Asswipe at my store said the coupons are not supposed to be given out with DSi's, I'm really disliking this new guy, he's the same guy who told me that I could not preorder 2 of the same color DSi's WTF!! (The manager overrode him on this one), he came from a different store but apparently worked under the new DM, so he thinks he knows everything. Idiot doesn't seem to understand customer loyalty is how you build a business, not reciting retarded company policies.

Thank god with the demise of the BBV pricematch, I'm not building up crazy credit anymore. Once my credit is spent I suspect with the small exception of disc refurbs, I'll stick with the cool folk at my local GS.[/quote]

With every purchase of a system whether new or used, consumers will receive a coupon sheet for a year of free rental from Hollywood Video for movies or games. The sheet is about a $60 value so get your money's worth.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

[quote name='z3razerviper']with me 3 of the coupons were expired[/quote]

Those coupons should carry over till next year. No you don't need to join up for a Membership for the rentals. Just set up a free account and enjoy your free rentals.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

^o^ Got my love to trade in her DSi, tossing in a drop-replace warranty, it was a little over $100, so very happy customer here~

bread's done
Back