GameCrazy - Growlanser Generations $17.99!

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While bored at work today I was checking prices for various games we had in stock. I decided to check Growlanser Generations and to my surprise the POS showed a price of $17.99!

Prices are as follows:
Growlanser Generations New 17.99
Growlanser Generations Used 14.99

Unfortunately the Deluxe is still expensive as hell:
Growlanser Generations DLX New 79.99
Growlanser Generations DLX Used 64.99

This deal may be YMMV but since the price is reflected in the POS it should be everywhere. Good luck finding a location that has this game in stock.

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='doodle777_98']in san antonio there is a ebgames and a gamestop on a shopping strip right nest door to each other. then across the street is Gamecrazy. Since ebgames and gamestop are no longer in competetion with each other so one will close down. And guess which one will close down. So now you got people scared to lose their jobs.[/QUOTE]

That's nobody's fault but the people who opened those stores, but it ends up sucking for everyone who works in them.

or they could combine the stores and gang up on gamecrazy. hmm, $20 10% off card, or $15 10% off card with year subscription to arguably the best video game mag in the industry.

actually the MVP for game crazy is 19.99 and comes with a choice of one of 10 gaming magazines. then you get 10% off used games and get 10% added to tradeins. You also get a free disc buff card to rebuff cds/dvds/etc... and um thats it, i think.

[quote name='lost18']Alright so I figured out what the guy did. He sold me the game for $14.99 then added an MVP subscription (I still don't know what this is) on top of it to make it come out to $36 (the unadjusted sticker price on the game was 37.49 so I guess he thought he could pull a fast one) without even telling me. All he said was that since your a first time customer I need to put you in the computer let me see your license. I thought it seemed odd at the time but with all the info stores get from you now I didn't think anything of it. On top of that he sold me the subscription and didn't even give me the discount price on the game I bought. Anyway I saw the manager this morning and he was very helpful and refunded my money even though he said the subscription could not be cancelled. I don't plan on using the discount because I didn't pay for it, but I still felt like a douche because I was duped so easily.

Long story short the game was $15. I hope your experiences are a lot more pleasant.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...memories. Yeah, it happens more then you think. Since Game Crazy rarley changes there pricetags on games, games that have a sticker price of $50 ring up for $20...rather then say 'WOW! Its $30 off' they go 'WOW! I have a special discount that lets you get the game and MVP card for $40! You save $10 and get our awesome card....'. Yeah, some DMs fully allow it too.

arg couldn't find one. if someone can pick me up either a new one or a used complete, i'll pay $25 shipped, or check my trade thread, i've got some good stuff.

[quote name='Drahken']I'm glad I got a new copy of GG standard for $10 at the BB sell a while ago, it sounds like people are going through a lot of hassell for one at GC. Unless i'm reading it wrong and some are getting the Deluxe copies for 15-20.[/QUOTE]

No, I think the deluxe is still ripoff-ful at 80 or whatever dollars. In my case, I'm so new to CAG that I wasn't aware of the BB sale at the time, and I've been wanting GG for a while. But it wasn't any big deal to drive to the GCs which are about 5 minutes from where I live.

Picked one up last night at GC. It was marked 50, but rang up 17.99. It was also brand new and sealed. I have gotten new games from GC before only to look at them when I've gotten home and they are re-sealed. I asked about this last night, and the girl said that's because we let you try before you buy. Yeah, well, they shouldn't charge new for it b/c the resealed games had all kinds of scratches. Luckily, GG was factory sealed... thanks OP, I would have never checked on this!

yeah, we get that alot. 'Its open, it's not new.' "Well it's my last one in stock, otherwise i would have given you a sealed one. Do you want it or not?" That usually works well.

[quote name='doodle777_98']yeah, we get that alot. 'Its open, it's not new.' "Well it's my last one in stock, otherwise i would have given you a sealed one. Do you want it or not?" That usually works well.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but it's still bull shit you're getting a used thing for a new price. kind of like this copy of Star Ocean 2 at a local GS. the case is scratched to hell with gunk all over it, so i asked if i could buy it used. she said, "well we get new PS1 games in every once in a while." i thought to myself this has been here since 1999, and put it back.

bread's done
Back