GameCrazy/HW Video - de Blob (Wii) $39.99 (YMMV? not sure)

Nirron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
First time posting one of these, so please be merciful.

I just got back from Hollywood Video/GameCrazy from a LBP pre-order, and picked up de Blob. The guy told me it came up $39.99 new ($10 cheaper than GS and most other places). It's an awesome game, though I don't know if $10 will make many people bite.

One interesting piece of info that might have been a one-store blunder was that it was actually marked $29.99 in the display case. It wasn't just the single game either, as I saw 4-5 more copies there when he pulled one off the shelf, so it looks like it was intentionally put there. The guy had to manually adjust down to $29.99, but others might report the same. I ended up paying 29.99, but it rang up 39.99, so there's the YMMV part in whether they have it marked 29.99 or not.

For anyone wondering, it's a puzzle/platformer based off a small project on the PC. It's sitting at 82% on GameRankings, and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't used their Wii in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nirron']First time posting one of these, so please be merciful.

I just got back from Hollywood Video/GameCrazy from a LBP pre-order, and picked up de Blob. The guy told me it came up $39.99 new ($10 cheaper than GS and most other places). It's an awesome game, though I don't know if $10 will make many people bite.

One interesting piece of info that might have been a one-store blunder was that it was actually marked $29.99 in the display case. It wasn't just the single game either, as I saw 4-5 more copies there when he pulled one off the shelf, so it looks like it was intentionally put there. The guy had to manually adjust down to $29.99, but others might report the same.

For anyone wondering, it's a puzzle/platformer based off a small project on the PC. It's sitting at 82% on GameRankings, and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't used their Wii in a while.[/quote]

I'm confused, did you pay 39.99 or 29.99?

[quote name='Wooten']I'm confused, did you pay 39.99 or 29.99?[/quote]

Sorry, I'll edit after this, but he manually adjusted it to 29.99. It initially rang up 39.99.

bread's done
Back