GameCrazy in West Covina Closed Down...

ValkyrieVF-1S

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just wanted to pay my respects to the GC in West Covina...

I had no idea they were about closing down, but I guess they were not getting enough business. It was the only place where they allowed you to try out games before buying them, and they a lot of new and old games.

I got some great deals over the years and it is sad to see them go. Some of them were too good to be true ( raiden project, lunar 2, skies of arcadia, ogre battle 64, ff:anthology, silent bomber - all complete except for ob64 during the 3 for $15 sale. Mint einhander for 15, new disgaea for 20)

Those were some great deals, and I will miss them.

But at least there are still like 5 eb/gs around me. :/

RIP~

[quote name='Psykodelik']They closed down about 2 weeks ago. Most of the stuff was moved to BP area.[/quote]

What is the BP area?

Damn, there are virtually no Game Crazy's in LA proper. I am so damn fed up with Best Buy it's not even funny. And Eb/Gamestop just sucks ass out here.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Just wanted to pay my respects to the GC in West Covina...

I had no idea they were about closing down, but I guess they were not getting enough business. It was the only place where they allowed you to try out games before buying them, and they a lot of new and old games.

I got some great deals over the years and it is sad to see them go. Some of them were too good to be true ( raiden project, lunar 2, skies of arcadia, ogre battle 64, ff:anthology, silent bomber - all complete except for ob64 during the 3 for $15 sale. Mint einhander for 15, new disgaea for 20)

Those were some great deals, and I will miss them.

But at least there are still like 5 eb/gs around me. :/

RIP~[/quote]

I actually posted they were moving a while ago, but I am a bit pissed that they did. I liked buying my games from them since they werent as big of douchebags like the Eastland Gamestop. I lived a block down so it took me only 10 minutes to walk there.

I visited the Baldwin park one and they told me that of all the people they asked, everyone said they didnt want to come down there and get shot. Though the Nes-Playstation-N64 games are at a different store.

Well, I still have Target, Circuit, Gamestop x2 and gamerush near me.

[quote name='klyco']I actually posted they were moving a while ago, but I am a bit pissed that they did. I liked buying my games from them since they werent as big of douchebags like the Eastland Gamestop. I lived a block down so it took me only 10 minutes to walk there.

I visited the Baldwin park one and they told me that of all the people they asked, everyone said they didnt want to come down there and get shot. Though the Nes-Playstation-N64 games are at a different store.

Well, I still have Target, Circuit, Gamestop x2 and gamerush near me.[/QUOTE]

I've only been to the BP gamecrazy a couple of times. It seems like a hassle just to go there. Sure it is off the 10, but I have no other reason to go around that area and so it seems like a waste of gas to me. I wouldn't mind driving as far as the West Covina Mall, but that is my limit.

BTW, do you know which store the ps1 and n64 is at?

[quote name='klyco']I visited the Baldwin park one and they told me that of all the people they asked, everyone said they didnt want to come down there and get shot.[/quote]

Hehe, get shot. Maybe if this was 10yrs ago. Back then it was really bad. It's not completely safe but it's definately a lot better now. I also miss going to the Eastland one, the guys at BP always have this cocky attitude whenever I'm there.

Yeah Balwin Park isn't as bad as it once was, now if you want to get shot go to Azusa, and even parts of West Covina aren't so great any more.

Out of the 1/2 dozen or so gamecrazys i frequently visit, the covina store had the worst selection of used games. I would never find any good games there. Btw i sew the manager of the covina store working at chino hills.

I work over at the Rowland Heights Hollywood Video, and the GameCrazy we're connected to is closing down in two weeks. Also they are telling us the GC in Baldwin Park is closing down soon too. So all of the ones in my area are pretty much null now

[quote name='genoboost']I work over at the Rowland Heights Hollywood Video, and the GameCrazy we're connected to is closing down in two weeks. Also they are telling us the GC in Baldwin Park is closing down soon too. So all of the ones in my area are pretty much null now[/quote]

:cry:

thats the one my parents house is closest to. I like that one since the eb and gamestop that are very close by are bleh. Sad to see this one go.

bread's done
Back