Gamecrazy: Lair PS3 $29.99

New.

Not sure how good or bad the game is. Glancing at the reviews shows a lot of critics complaining about crappy control and praising eye candy. I haven't picked it up, but I may do so at some point.

[quote name='lurknomore']I'll wait until the patch becomes reality....there was talk since its launch.[/quote]

I agree. I played through the first half of the game before i gave up on it because of the controls, yes they were that bad.

Controls were bad, but the story and such didn't redeem the game at all. It looks good, which is about all it's good for. Anything else is just going to be mediocre. I wish to God they'd gone the way of Drakkengard and had more in-depth ground combat, because then it would change up the gameplay so it wasn't so tedious.

I might get it when it hits $20, but even with an analog patch for this game, don't expect it to be anything great.

[quote name='Skexis']
I might get it when it hits $20, but even with an analog patch for this game, don't expect it to be anything great.[/QUOTE]

It will require both of those things for me to consider picking it up.

the analog control patch has been confirmed

I played it and Holy ****; Greg needs to give them a new score. It was kind of clear that Factor 5 put in the extra effort a little begrudgingly, but the results were amazing. This might push me over the edge into the “must buy PS3” territory. I also mentioned Greg Miller’s name, and the Factor 5 guys burned a hole through my skull with their looks of hatred. I think they’ll be alright once the patch is out for a while though.

http://blogs.ign.com/DugBuzz/2008/02/20/81298/

I think Scorch mentioned third party controllers allow for analog control, which is good for me since I own a Logitech. Probably will wait for another drop due to all the reviews. This was one of the titles that I was looking for on the PS3, but I guess every system has their Drake and the 99 Dragons :rofl:

[quote name='Vitality X']since the patch is confirmed, i'm picking this up later today.[/quote]

do you have a link to this confirmation?

Does anyone have a scan of the Game Crazy ad (or can someone scan it). I cannot find it on the internet anywhere. Thanks.

[quote name='chris owns u']This game any good?
[/quote]

The game isn't worth $15 IMO. The game controls like a car on 3 wheels.

Help me out. I dont get the paper or any mailings. Does anyone have a scan of the Game Crazy ad (or can someone scan it). I cannot find it on the internet anywhere. Thanks.

I saw a USED copy for $24.99, so I guess it should be in the system. I think I will jump on it once more news on the analog control patch get coverage.

[quote name='Rodster']The game isn't worth $15 IMO. The game controls like a car on 0.5 wheels.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I'll buy it after I see the patch and hear more positive results. Not before; I suspect a universal price drop will happen sooner than later, though.

I'd say Lair is definitely worth $20, especially with a patch coming out. For $30...meh...maybe if you're desperate for something to play.

I'm disappointed to hear so much bad stuff about the game. I've really been wanting to play it, but stayed away because of the controls. Thirty bucks is awfully tempting to me considering a patch is supposed to hit.

bread's done
Back