GameCrazy massive older system clearance

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Yeah, posted it in the other thread but it really deserves its own. GC is having a huge clearance on older systems. If your store has any dreamcast, game boy, gba, gba sp, gb micro, n64, ngpc, nes, saturn, sega, sega nomad, snes or ps1 systems, they are now 9.99 used!

I really doubt my GC has any of those, but a dreamcast for $10 would be a killer deal. I assume that this is a deal for everyone and not just card carrying members?

I would assume the only one on the list which would be relatively easy to find would be the various GBA models, after all Gamestop always has plenty of those as well.

Has anyone ever seen any of these other systems in a Gamecrazy recently?

You could use rechargeable batteries, pretty common to find packs of them for $6-7 each at Walmart. Not sure how many batteries a nomad takes because mine didn't come with the battery pack so you might have to buy 2 packs of rechargeables if its 6 batteries like the gamegear, just an adapter (probably better off without it anyways hah!) 2500mah ones should last a while in there.

Sucks... my store had a GBA Micro that just sold a week ago... I definitely would have bought it for $10...

Yeah, game boys are likely going to comprise most of the selection with PS1s and older nintendo systems taking up the other majority. Too bad PS2s aren't old enough...

[quote name='DigitalE']Duh. I stopped by my local GameCrazy and they didn't have anything older than a PS2.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bummer.

The stores near me haven't had anything older than PS2 for two years. Ever since they did that classic plastic sale years ago, PS2 games are the oldest thing in the store.

Damn, I check both of mine and only found an N64 and a PS1 (gray one).

I really want an SP. Anybody wanna hook me up if they find an extra (assuming it's not a pink one)?:D

I don't recall them taking a lot of those systems two years ago (when I worked there). Good luck if anybody can find anything older than a PS1.

At my local GC they said some kid came earlier and bought out most of what they had for $10. The manager was pissed that they let one person buy pretty much everything.

They did have one Gameboy Micro I picked up to add to the collection. Was in good condition, came with the box.

[quote name='spaceeuropa']gamecrazy in vegas (flamingo and pecos) had 2 gba sp's but they rang up at 40 dollars[/QUOTE]

Did you physically see the screen say $39.99 or did they just tell you it was $40? If it's the latter, it's very likely that they just told you $40 and bought it themselves for $10. All stores were sent the updated pricing file early this morning before open so they should ring up at $9.99 at every store.

Glad some guys are finding SP's!

most GCs stopped even carrying old stuff anymore. My store has 2 GBA SPs, and one PS1, but the PS1 came in a store transfer anyway. We sent our games to the warehouse ages ago too, we're the only store in my district that even had them. lol But GBA SPs wont be too hard to find I dont think, and maybe not some PS1s but its tough cuz they were only worth $4 in trade for the last like 6 months, so no one really bothers. I bet the trade value on them will be $0.00 now.

Yeah, the trade values on everything on sale for $9.99 is now $0, so GC no longer takes back GBA's, GBA SP's, GB Micros, etc.

I got a red GBA SP - thanks a TON Scorch. I had read this before going to GC anyway and almost forgot to look but right there in the case they had one and it was clearly marked. The clerk said it was his and he just traded it in and it is barely used - score!

If I hadn't known about the sale I probably wouldn't have looked in that part of the case but surely someone else would have found it with the huge $9.99 tag it had on it.

I went in earlier this week to trade and saw a GBA for $20 asked the guy if it would get me the sheet that give you one free movie a month for a year at HV for buying a used system and he said no problem. Also said that I could trade it back for about $10. So 12 blu ray rental for $10. Thought that was good before I saw this! Do most of you have that deal that if you buy any used system you get 12 free movie rentals?

[quote name='Unstopabull']Do most of you have that deal that if you buy any used system you get 12 free movie rentals?[/QUOTE]

:wall:

OH Crap! I completely forgot to ask about that. I just wanted to get out of there since the dude had all sorts of problems putting credit on a gift card for me. I'll stop by again and ask. I thought it was only for new systems though.

io we def. get the sheet of 12 rentals for used systems. Bought a couple Gamecubes last year and got the sheets and also a $10 original GB. So I was in there alot using my 3 free rentals a month.

[quote name='Unstopabull']Do most of you have that deal that if you buy any used system you get 12 free movie rentals?[/QUOTE]

:wall::wall: x3 ... oh well, found 2 ok SPs and one Ok micro...thanks Scorch!

[quote name='ryheeles']checked one out today, still selling the GBA SP for $40[/QUOTE]

did you just look at a price tag and give up or did you actually have them scan it?

io - seriously dude, if you have text messaging, i can get you up to the second info during the days I work. You could post here if i'm unable to.

Unstopabull - This was the case then, but since all the systems ring up $9.99, they lowered the trade value of them all to $0.

[quote name='Scorch']Did you physically see the screen say $39.99 or did they just tell you it was $40? If it's the latter, it's very likely that they just told you $40 and bought it themselves for $10. All stores were sent the updated pricing file early this morning before open so they should ring up at $9.99 at every store.

Glad some guys are finding SP's![/QUOTE]

Ya I had the guy ring it up and everything, then when it came up as 43.XX, I was like, "no thanks". Maybe he did screw me, but hey if he wanted it that bad, by all means take it.

[quote name='bvharris']I would assume the only one on the list which would be relatively easy to find would be the various GBA models, after all Gamestop always has plenty of those as well.

Has anyone ever seen any of these other systems in a Gamecrazy recently?[/QUOTE]
ive seen dreamcasts and n64s genesis...

thanks again scorch.

i managed to get a scratched up silver sp. but luckily the screen was pretty good. i asked the cashier for the rental coupons but he said that they only give those for ds and dsi's. he even said that they used to allow it for used consoles $49.99 and above. to his credit, he asked if it was going to be a problem or not. i didnt push the issue.

I checked a GC near me. They didn't have any of these older consoles. The CAGs reporting seeing Dreamcasts, Gameboy SPs, PS1s and N64s are so lucky!!! I'd love to get those systems.

I saw a Super Nintendo.

I did score a GBA SP and he said it was mandatory to get the insurance for it. So I had to pay $20. Managed to score a Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney sealed copy for $13.99 too.

I'd love to get my hands on a GameBoy Micro. I just need to find the time to give them a call and the time to get to my GC. They are all a bit out of the way for me.

bread's done
Back