gamecrazy mvp card now 9.99

spug21

It can’t rain all the time
gamecrazy mvp cards are now 9.99 without a magazine subscription.
trade in a couple games and buy a used game and it pays for itself instantly

Thanks to GameTZ and Goozex I don't think this card has saved me more than $2 in the year I've had it...terrible price for what's essentially a discount card...

[quote name='Sinnbox']They tried to get me to pay 14.99 on friday!![/quote]

The 9.99 started today (Monday). The $19.99 with the magazine is also still available.

i heard about this in store and felt stupid for signing up last month. its been 2 months and still no nintendo power :(

8-12 weeks. If it doesn't come within the next month, PM me and I'll send you the number to call to get that straightened out.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']wow good deal. especially considering some are closing near me and are going to start clearancing out everything.[/quote]
MVP does not stack with the "Going Out of Business" sale. I found that out with the two stores in my area that are closing.

I just use it for the free disc resurfacing.

The nearest location is now 40 minutes.
I go once every 2 months or so with 10 to 20 games to clean.

Thanks for the tip.
I'll now renew and cross my fingers they hold on for a while.

[quote name='donut']I just use it for the free disc resurfacing.

The nearest location is now 40 minutes.
I go once every 2 months or so with 10 to 20 games to clean.

Thanks for the tip.
I'll now renew and cross my fingers they hold on for a while.[/quote]

freeeeeeeeee? i thought it was free but when i signed up they gave me this card worth '5 free disc buffs' :(

I’ve only been to Gamecrazy once. The one closest to my house is 15 minutes away. I’d rather just go to Gamestop or BB, which are much closer.

The one time I went to Gamecrazy was because they got CoD4 a day before everyone else.

[quote name='monkeydeew']freeeeeeeeee? i thought it was free but when i signed up they gave me this card worth '5 free disc buffs' :([/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='monkeydeew']freeeeeeeeee? i thought it was free but when i signed up they gave me this card worth '5 free disc buffs' :([/quote]

I have given the GC guys a few disc and they never take the card to punch. I guess that is YMMV

They tried to get me to pay 14.99 on friday!!

I went one weekend and the guy is like: "your MVP expired last weekend, want to renew it?" I said no thanks..Then I go back the next weekend and he asks again "Uh oh Your MVP expired just today, want to renew it for 14.99"?

it's about time that they started offering the card only program. i hated having to offer the mvp card when i worked there because of how bad they were with getting people their magazines. it got to the point where we just had people come in whenever we got our new mags for sale for the month and give them their desired issue, because we knew they wouldn't get it in the mail. hopefully my employee mvp account still works, even though i haven't worked for them in a year, because i know for a fact i will never be suckered into buying one of those again.

[quote name='Scorch']The 9.99 started today (Monday). The $19.99 with the magazine is also still available.

8-12 weeks. If it doesn't come within the next month, PM me and I'll send you the number to call to get that straightened out.[/QUOTE]

i got my card on Jan 21 2008 and still dont have my nintendo power mag either

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I went one weekend and the guy is like: "your MVP expired last weekend, want to renew it?" I said no thanks..Then I go back the next weekend and he asks again "Uh oh Your MVP expired just today, want to renew it for 14.99"?[/QUOTE]

haha that sucks, I wonder if GameStop uses that tactic too. Speaking of GS does the MVP card give you 10% extra trade in credit like the Edge card?

[quote name='slidecage']i got my card on Jan 21 2008 and still dont have my nintendo power mag either[/quote]

that's because you're slidecage. I said 8-12 weeks. :) The MVP and magazine companies pick up new subscriptions every quarter.

Too bad almost all of their stores are closing...
I know, right? Because everyone knows 45 or 50 stores out of 750 = 90%.

Speaking of GS does the MVP card give you 10% extra trade in credit like the Edge card?
Yes.

I payed $20 for mine and got an xbox mag subscription the guy at the store told me it came with the discs too but I doubt it will, been at least 6 weeks and nothing yet.

[quote name='Scorch']that's because you're slidecage. I said 8-12 weeks. :) The MVP and magazine companies pick up new subscriptions every quarter.

I know, right? Because everyone knows 45 or 50 stores out of 750 = 90%.

Yes.[/QUOTE]

LOL my edit didnt work for some reason. i wanted to delete that post. was thinking it 3 months would of been march, its only been 2 months

My local GameCrazy cleaned house and fired most if not all of its employees, because they were using people's credit to preorder stuff they never asked for to pump their numbers. They also forced people to preorder games to get in front of the line during the Halo 3 launch.

The new employees seem nice enough though.

So do you get the 5 free disc buffs with the $9.99 card too? I've got some old dreamcast games I'd like to get buffed, and I think the buffs were $2 each or 5 for $5, so the card would only be a few bucks more if I saw some games I wanted or something.

bread's done
Back