GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KMunley']I can't find this add anywhere, anyone have it scanned or in any form online?[/quote]

Post #138 (page 7) in this thread. And it is an ad(vertisement), not an add(vertisement).

So I went in this morning. I tried to get SC4, and then he scanned the game and it rang up to $ 59.99 He said he sold like 9 copies yesterday at the 24.99 price and he has no clue on why it rang back up to full price. He said he would send an email out to the main office for clarification.

I got the last copy of AC6, NON PH and it rang up to 7.99.

the GC i went to in nj had no flyers, they had all the used games for 360 on the counter because the employee was doing something, AND they told me that there wasnt buy 1 get 1 on the games. Hate that place soo much...

Picked up Ace Combat 6, Stranglehold, and Lost Planet for $15 total. Used the B1G1 on Ace Combat 6 and Stranglehold. Pretty good deal imho, 3 pretty decent games for $5 a piece. Asked about Soul Caliber IV and the guy said it was ringing up at $24.99 yesterday but, today it was back to $59.99 :(

was disappointed with the blockbuster deal

but finally scored with
Stranglehold
Blue Dragon
TNA Impact
Ace Combat 6

All new for 21.52

Can anyone confirm the used price of SCIV going back up as well? I wanted to pass the deal along to my friend, but if the new price is going back up, there might be a chance the used as well.

Score!

TNA Impact
Ace Combat 6
Darkness
Lost Planet

Total price: $15 and change.

The guy said it was $30 at first but I was like.. what about b1g1? and he was like that's only for on-sale games.. I'm like oh really.. hmm that sucks when I called they said it'll work for sure, are you sure it's only for on-sale games? and he was like, oh, who did you talk to? I was like I didn't catch their name... and he was like, was it a female? I was like... Yes.... yes it was. Guy, "Ok, I'll do it for you."

sweet...

Also scored a large 6-topping pizza for $10 and gas at $1.51/gallon. Great day! Too bad I got ripped off on beer, $12 for a 6-pack of Hoegaarden. :(

[quote name='Scorch']That's technically how the B1G1 is supposed to be, but there's nothing that states that the games that are on sale can't be applied towards it. All of the coupons that print out to employees say that the deals cannot be stacked with other offers, so technically the guy's right.. but it's usually done anyway.

Blue Dragon had a shoddy shrink wrap job to begin with. Microsoft sent me a free copy directly and it had the same funky shrink job that the ones sent to us at GC has. GC stores don't have shrink wrap machines.

The B1G1 bar code isn't active yet so it has to be manually marked down. I love it. On the sheet of barcodes, right above the "B1G1 $18.99 and under", there's a box in the shape of a barcode, right? I go to scan it out of instinct, and it doesn't work. I look, and in that box, it says "Barcode coming soon".. seriously, what the fuck?

GC is so confusing. I wish I had a job at their front office. I'd outline the shit out of the deals, man. There'd be no confusion.[/quote]

That's what I was saying, I think it was the more the attitude of the manager that made the deal less and less sweet. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but don't belittle your cashier infront of me that's not professional then look to me to me and imply that I'm trying to pull a fast one.

"Barcode" coming soon? what the snarf?

hit up gc in the morning as was able to grab new copies of ace combat 6 and tna for ps3. was able to get them via b1g1 so 2 new games for $10 is an awesome deal. wanted to pick up some of them $4.99 games, but they were out.

Hey guys, does this offer apply to the Hollywood videos that sell games? The place near me is a mess and they barely keep things stocked, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, what if they don't have the ad in the store and they give me lip? Am I screwed or what?

[quote name='ghozt']hit up gc in the morning as was able to grab new copies of ace combat 6 and tna for ps3. was able to get them via b1g1 so 2 new games for $10 is an awesome deal. wanted to pick up some of them $4.99 games, but they were out.[/quote] Ace Combat 6 for PS3?! Sony fanboys wish lol

[quote name='SolGerX']Hey guys, does this offer apply to the Hollywood videos that sell games? The place near me is a mess and they barely keep things stocked, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, what if they don't have the ad in the store and they give me lip? Am I screwed or what?[/quote]

Not sure about Hollywood even though the GC's i've gone to are actually inside Hollywood videos...as for not having the ads, if they have a cpu you could ask them to go to their website, it's on their promo/events link which has their ad.

Went to another GC to get the sale games and i found the last SC IV used for 360 marked at 19.99. The prices werent ringing up and the guy tried to sell the PS3 version at 59.99 so i guess its back up. This GC also does the buy 1 get 1 free so I will be raising hell at the first one i went to now that I have a flyer.

[quote name='Link927']Can anyone confirm the used price of SCIV going back up as well? I wanted to pass the deal along to my friend, but if the new price is going back up, there might be a chance the used as well.[/QUOTE]

Yup the guy called in his district manager & he confirmed it is back to regular price.
fuck, a unadvertised one day sale? Bull, man that is just bull.

went it, asked to see a few things.... didn't buy anything because when I wanted to pay they were too busy talking and bullshitting with one another.

Dang I wasn't able to get Soul Calibur 4 for that price, I went to the GC in Colma, CA and the guy said it wasnt in the ad. The price rang up to 59.99 new and 49.99 used...UGH

My best friend picked up the PS3 version of SCIV yesterday for 24.99 new. I told a co-worker who went to the same store today and it the deal was dead in Universal City TX. (I was hoping to play him online) I have owned the game for a couple months now and still play it. Great deal for those who got it. (new or used)

I fixed the post. Sorry, I worked all day.. SC4 did indeed go back up to full price.

SC4 was 24.99 new/14.99 used for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dunno what the deal was. Good news for those that got in on it!

Funny stuff with people arguing that the sale games and B1G1 can't be stacked. Anyone else notice in the ad, they show both Blue Dragon in the 9.99 sale games, and Metal Gear Solid 3 in the 4.99 section, and BOTH ARE ALSO IN THE B1G1 section? Kinda hard to argue with that when there's no fine print anywhere in the ad.

Dave

[quote name='WTFer']Yup the guy called in his district manager & he confirmed it is back to regular price.
fuck, a unadvertised one day sale? Bull, man that is just bull.[/quote]

I forgot it was unadvertised, I guess that gives GC the power to pull it whenever they wish since they never printed it. Guess I wont be playing some of my friends online, it was a great price for all of those who got in on it.

I was able to make out pretty well by stacking these deals (and they do stack - the cashier merely scanned the UPC coupon code and it worked automatically):

Ace Combat 6
Soul Calibur Legends (this is $9.99 - I didn't know that)
Lost Planet
Metal Gear Solid 3

All for $15! Haha, what a steal!

[quote name='rarebucky']I was able to make out pretty well by stacking these deals (and they do stack - the cashier merely scanned the UPC coupon code and it worked automatically)[/quote]

Again, no it doesn't. I don't know why you guys think that the GC scanners and computers have magical powers. He hit a key and manually priced things down to 0 - that's how it has to be done.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:
Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
.[/quote]

YES! finally after searching google for like forever i find a good deal on cod waw....im new and i think im gonna like these forums:applause::D

[quote name='Scorch']Again, no it doesn't. I don't know why you guys think that the GC scanners and computers have magical powers. He hit a key and manually priced things down to 0 - that's how it has to be done.[/QUOTE]

Because I saw her do it - she didn't do anything manually. It looked like she had just found an "updated" coupon code if that makes any sense. Either that or some GC systems are set up differently. You would know better than me, obviously :)

Went to a GC in Phx. Picked up Lost Planet, Ace Combat 6, and Blue Dragon for $15. GC's sale is pure madness.

Picked up Ace Combat 6 and Crackdown for $14.99 at the GC in El Cajon, CA on 2nd street.

They had plenty of Crackdown's and maybe one Ace Combat left. Great deal, and no problems with the B1G1 free sale.

[quote name='rarebucky']Because I saw her do it - she didn't do anything manually. It looked like she had just found an "updated" coupon code if that makes any sense. Either that or some GC systems are set up differently. You would know better than me, obviously :)[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't notice her doing it manually. It's a button on the keyboard to hit and then you type in a price. She hit that button and set the price to 0.00. There's no magical scanning techniques..

Haven't seen anyone ask it yet, but what is used price on those 4.99 games?

Both new and used copies are $4.99.

^^Yes but the used copies aren't B1G1. I went ahead and picked up Lost Planet used anyway as $5 is cheap enough to not waste time & gas looking for other GCs all over the city.

Picked up the last copy of :360: TNA Impact, and the clerk promptly informed me I could grab something else free with the B1G1. Nabbed :360: Blue Dragon too. :) Cancelled my nearly year-old special order for Pikmin 2 (apparently it's moved to the "ain't gonna happen" list), and the total was $3.xx after refunding the $6.00 + tax for shipping on the special order.

Scorch, is there anywhere I can report to Gamecrazy about a great experience? Every time I'm in their store, the same clerk helps me out and he's always been exceptional.

You can probably call Corporate and tell them that you had a great experience at said location/employee.

On a lighter note...

Bought the AC6 (...funny, reminds me of another type of game) bundled with the flight stick at BB for $99.99. Went home, unboxed it, played it, didn't like the flight stick feel at all, dead spot or not it just wasn't as responsive as the 360 controller.

Put the GC purchased AC6 in the bundled box and propelly returned it to BB the next day. Since they saw I didn't open the game, full refund w/no hassles.

Cha-ching!

[quote name='MSUHitman']And yet again are stories of advertised sales being denied at Game Crazy. Why can't they make Scorch the GC CEO, he's the only good manager they have. I bet he wouldn't let an employee screw a customer when he's standing right next to the employee.[/quote]

EXACTLY the reason I won't even THINK about driving to GC for this smoke and mirrors act. They pulled this shit on me on Black Friday, and there is no way I will fall for that again. Complete bait and switch routine and no surprise to hear more stories about this crap.

Ignore this chain people. :no:

scorch you think GZ will let me trade in MGS 2 and 3 the essential box as 2 games for PS2. On the back it says not for exchange or resale. I was hoping they would take them. ALso, do they take games with small scratches because I have 2 games with minor cratches? finally how much can I get for a 32 mb PS2 memory card 3rd party? Sorry to bother but you are very helpful. thx

I tried to price match the bundle since there were no game only versions at mine and it almost worked. There is that mark on the box that says something like xbox 360 only that matches the one on the bundle. But sadly they looked it up and found that they were out of stock. But the one south of me has them, so I will try there

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Ace Combat 6 for PS3?! Sony fanboys wish lol[/quote]

i obviously got ac6 for 360 so i didn't feel the need to state that. the ps3 i mentioned was for tna.

i was only able to grabbed a sold copy of lost planet limited edition for $4.99. too bad it was used but i was ok with it. i forgot to check blue dragon

Do these deals still apply to the stores that got bought out, or their name changed to gametag?

The manager at my GC told me that the B1G1 does not apply to sale items because he did not have a barcode to scan...Maybe I should Have been more persistant.

[quote name='Persona7']The manager at my GC told me that the B1G1 does not apply to sale items because he did not have a barcode to scan...Maybe I should Have been more persistant.[/quote]

Or, if you had the ad, could've showed him that in the B1G1 both Blue Dragon and Metal Gear Solid 3, which are both on sale, are listed as eligible titles for the deal.

[quote name='destro4eva']EXACTLY the reason I won't even THINK about driving to GC for this smoke and mirrors act. They pulled this shit on me on Black Friday, and there is no way I will fall for that again. Complete bait and switch routine and no surprise to hear more stories about this crap.

Ignore this chain people. :no:[/quote]

Not all stores are bad. If you walk into my store the day an ad starts you will see all the sale games displayed on the bottom row of the new wall with the correct price.
We even had sc4 displayed.
I really think its hit or miss just because the employees are uninformed of the all the sales.

GC always has the weirdest clerks there. The guy had piercings EVERYWHERE, always talked in a monotone, and it seemed like he wanted to kill himself when I asked him to scan a couple things.

Another weird thing: Since when are "new" copies unsealed? He told me I could pick from new & used, and although the games were in pretty much never-opened condition, the seal was gone and there was no shrinkwrap o_O GC policy? Has anyone else gotten a new game like that?

I walked out happy though; picked up Lost Planet & The Darkness "brand new" for only $5.31

bread's done
Back