GameCrazy Price Drop Thread

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I decided to make one thread and every time I receive a list of price drops, or someone PM's me a list or whatever, I will update the OP. This list has a new format as of 6/30/07. These are the prices that they will ring up at the register, despite what the sticker price says. I hope this new format is easier to read for you.

The price format is as follows: new/used. Example: 19.99/14.99.. 20 new, 15 used. If the price has --, it means the price was not changed. Example: Madden 07 --/14.99 means that the new price was not changed.

MVP Pricing Guide! If the used price is the price on the left, the price on the right is what the price would be with MVP!

54.99/49.49
49.99/44.99
44.99/40.49
39.99/36.99
34.99/31.49
29.99/26.99
24.99/22.50
19.99/17.99
14.99/13.49
12.99/11.79
9.99/8.99
7.99/7.19
4.99/4.49

=============================================
8/8

PS3
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

X360
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

=============================================
7/29

PS2

Need For Speed Underground 2 --/9.99
Women's Volleyball Championship 14.99/--

PS3
Motorstorm 29.99/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Resistance 29.99/19.99
Uncharted --/39.99
Warhawk 29.99/19.99
Warhawk Bundle 49.99/--
WWE Smackdown 2008 39.99/29.99

PSP
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 19.99/14.99

Wii
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 29.99/19.99

X360
Bioshock --/29.99
Bully --/24.99
Call of Duty 3 --/14.99
Conan --/17.99
Dead or Alive 4 --/17.99
Def Jam Icon --/19.99
FEAR --/14.99
FIFA 08 --/34.99
Fight Night Round 3 --/19.99
Guitar Hero 2 w/o Guitar --/24.99
Halo 3 --/39.99
Incredible Hulk --/44.99
Iron Man --/44.99
Juiced 2 --/17.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga --/34.99
NBA 2K8 --/24.99
Need For Speed Carbon --/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Shadowrun --/17.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 --/14.99
Two Worlds --/24.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08 39.99/29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have ~$150 left over from the last trade in deal. I doubt I am going to find a 20gb PS3 at my only local store... is there any way I can have them check other stores in the district/region? Otherwise I may just end up looking up all the phone numbers and calling around myself.

Ive been bitching lately about how useless the PS3 is, and now after the price drop the 20gb falls right into my range if I can find one at GC. :)

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks IO, I know you are GR savvy also. I was amazed that GC was like a small EB....pretty nice indeed compared to GR.

Does anyone know what Tenchu Z & Tony Hawk P8 trade for there? Both 360.[/quote]

At last check, Tenchu was 30 (33 with MVP) and Tony Hawk was 19.18-ish (or around 20 with MVP)

I still have ~$150 left over from the last trade in deal. I doubt I am going to find a 20gb PS3 at my only local store... is there any way I can have them check other stores in the district/region? Otherwise I may just end up looking up all the phone numbers and calling around myself.

Ive been bitching lately about how useless the PS3 is, and now after the price drop the 20gb falls right into my range if I can find one at GC.

GC stores usually have 20gb's.. and those didn't drop down. The used ones did, to 349, I think. But new 20gb's were still listed at 499. And you can ask them to call other stores, but the stores themselves aren't interlinked and we can't peek into another store's inventory (but god, I wish we could)

[quote name='JJSP']Still haven't gotten my magazine from MVP. :([/quote]

When'd you sign up? It takes 8-12 weeks. If you don't receive it within 12 weeks, call the store.. there's a number to call regarding the subscriptions.

[quote name='Scorch']When'd you sign up? It takes 8-12 weeks. If you don't receive it within 12 weeks, call the store.. there's a number to call regarding the subscriptions.[/quote]
In that case, that explains it. I signed up mid-May, and the kid at the counter told me it'd take effect the following month (I'd get an issue for June). It appears he's a dirty liar.

So here's my Q about the worthwhileness of MVP. I of course was solicited when I was in there a couple weeks ago doing the 50% deal. Now my natural reaction was to say no. I wanted every single penny of my credit to go to games, not on some stupid discount club.

I don't typically buy used games unless there's some crazy trade-in deal going on I'll do to build up some credit. I guess my thinking is that I wouldn't be trading into GC any more any time soon since its sure to be awhile before another deal as sweet as the 50% one comes along.

Now I've become concerned that the $100 I have built at GameRush is going to be useless since the word on the street is that they don't get new games on a regular basis. This makes transfering credit to GC very appealing, especially since GR apparently has some deal b1g1 on some used games.

So, would it make sense to use some credit to buy MVP in order to trade some GR games in to GC? Will the MVP bump for the GR -> GC trades pay for the MVP?

Thanks!

[quote name='grifta67']So here's my Q about the worthwhileness of MVP. I of course was solicited when I was in there a couple weeks ago doing the 50% deal. Now my natural reaction was to say no. I wanted every single penny of my credit to go to games, not on some stupid discount club.

I don't typically buy used games unless there's some crazy trade-in deal going on I'll do to build up some credit. I guess my thinking is that I wouldn't be trading into GC any more any time soon since its sure to be awhile before another deal as sweet as the 50% one comes along.

Now I've become concerned that the $100 I have built at GameRush is going to be useless since the word on the street is that they don't get new games on a regular basis. This makes transfering credit to GC very appealing, especially since GR apparently has some deal b1g1 on some used games.

So, would it make sense to use some credit to buy MVP in order to trade some GR games in to GC? Will the MVP bump for the GR -> GC trades pay for the MVP?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
As long as you're trading games in when you buy the MVP, you'll get it for $15 instead of $20. Depending on how many games you're trading in, it might cover the MVP cost.

Word of advice - I got my OXM magazine yesterday from MVP. Apparently they sport different covers than the newsstand editions, and no disc. BOO!

[quote name='JJSP']As long as you're trading games in when you buy the MVP, you'll get it for $15 instead of $20.[/quote]
That's not true. The $15 price is for renewals. The only way to get it for less than $20 is indeed to trade in games at the time you get it, but it only takes $1 off the cost per $10 (since you get 10% more when you trade in). If you get $50 in trades, then the MVP only costs $15 to sign up.

Now I've become concerned that the $100 I have built at GameRush is going to be useless since the word on the street is that they don't get new games on a regular basis. This makes transfering credit to GC very appealing

I don't get what you're asking. You're saying "transferring credit".. what do you mean by transferring credit? GR and GC are two different companies.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't get what you're asking. You're saying "transferring credit".. what do you mean by transferring credit? GR and GC are two different companies.[/quote]

I mean that I could buy a game at GR, with credit, for say $20 and then take it to GC and trade it in for $20 credit, effectively turning $20 of GameRush credit into $20 of Game Crazy credit. Due to the lack of reliability towards new games at GR, that Crazy credit is much more valuable!

Make sense?

[quote name='grifta67']I mean that I could buy a game at GR, with credit, for say $20 and then take it to GC and trade it in for $20 credit, effectively turning $20 of GameRush credit into $20 of Game Crazy credit. Due to the lack of reliability towards new games at GR, that Crazy credit is much more valuable!

Make sense?[/quote]

Gotcha. I thought that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure.

PS3 Enchanted Arms is back up to $49.99 at GC. Still trades for $36 at BB, however. I think it is still $19.99 at EB Games so the deal may flip may still be a go for that.

[quote name='awp']PS3 Enchanted Arms is back up to $49.99 at GC. Still trades for $36 at BB, however. I think it is still $19.99 at EB Games so the deal may flip may still be a go for that.[/QUOTE]
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^__^

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a long, crazy week. I've updated what I could find (through this morning's price drops). TMNT went back up, but so did the trade value - those that bought it for 13.49 on the 360 will enjoy hearing that it's trading in right now at 22 with the MVP bonus. Enchanted Arms is also trading in at 22 with MVP.

Don't be suprised to see Enchanted Arms drop back down. Sometimes they do that.. they'll drop it to 19.99, bring it back up to 49.99, then down to 19.99 again. They did it with Far Cry on the Wii a few months back.

Suprised to see FEAR and Final Fantasy XII drop so low.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a long, crazy week. I've updated what I could find (through this morning's price drops). TMNT went back up, but so did the trade value - those that bought it for 13.49 on the 360 will enjoy hearing that it's trading in right now at 22 with the MVP bonus. Enchanted Arms is also trading in at 22 with MVP.

Don't be suprised to see Enchanted Arms drop back down. Sometimes they do that.. they'll drop it to 19.99, bring it back up to 49.99, then down to 19.99 again. They did it with Far Cry on the Wii a few months back.

Suprised to see FEAR and Final Fantasy XII drop so low.[/QUOTE]

FEAR looks good with store credit. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a long, crazy week. I've updated what I could find (through this morning's price drops). TMNT went back up, but so did the trade value - those that bought it for 13.49 on the 360 will enjoy hearing that it's trading in right now at 22 with the MVP bonus. Enchanted Arms is also trading in at 22 with MVP.

Suprised to see FEAR and Final Fantasy XII drop so low.[/quote]Why GC drops the prices on games by $30 and then raises them back up a couple of weeks later, I'll never understand. Only benefit for us is the trade credit going back up again.

Makes me get in the habit of not waiting on picking up anything at GC that takes a huge drop. Might be back to "normal" price again before too long.

[quote name='shrike4242']Makes me get in the habit of not waiting on picking up anything at GC that takes a huge drop. Might be back to "normal" price again before too long.[/quote]
That may be the mentality that they're going for, and they're doing a fantastic job with it. It helps move unmovable product out of the store.

I don't know if Enchanted Arms was a global drop or not. EB's still showing 19.99. I found it used at Hastings for 9.99. I'm thinking EA will go back down, and soon.

[quote name='Scorch']That may be the mentality that they're going for, and they're doing a fantastic job with it. It helps move unmovable product out of the store.

I don't know if Enchanted Arms was a global drop or not. EB's still showing 19.99. I found it used at Hastings for 9.99. I'm thinking EA will go back down, and soon.[/quote]If that's what they're doing, then they got me in for TMNT for the 360 when it was $19.99. Rest of it has been meh for me.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']do stores still carry the tekken 5 arcade stick bundle, and hopefully its still 29.99[/quote]

They sure do. There is a store near me that has two left.

Whats the typical trade-in value for a brand new ps2 game? I've got a bit of buyers remorse after ordering Guitar Hero 80s tonight, so it might be getting traded in pretty quick.

$50 retail, I'm hoping to get maybe at least $30 credit?

[quote name='grifta67']$50 retail, I'm hoping to get maybe at least $30 credit?[/quote]

it's usually 45 to 50% of whatever it sells for so i'm guessing 22.73 (which means $25 with the MVP card).

[quote name='grifta67']Whats the typical trade-in value for a brand new ps2 game? I've got a bit of buyers remorse after ordering Guitar Hero 80s tonight, so it might be getting traded in pretty quick.

$50 retail, I'm hoping to get maybe at least $30 credit?[/quote]
You'd be better off selling it to a CAG, that way you'd be helping a CAG get a good deal and be getting most of your money back. $30.00/$35.00 seems about right.

[quote name='yukine']You'd be better off selling it to a CAG, that way you'd be helping a CAG get a good deal and be getting most of your money back. $30.00/$35.00 seems about right.[/quote]

Yea GC was only offering $20.

Any CAGs want Guitar Hero 80s for $35?? PM me!

[quote name='grifta67']Yea GC was only offering $20.

Any CAGs want Guitar Hero 80s for $35?? PM me![/quote]
Most CAG's went to Best Buy and got it for $25.

I don't have a full list of drops today, but the Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller appears to have dropped to 4.99. I'll have a full list later today.

//edit: I've never actually seen a RE4 chainsaw contr at my store so I was skeptical.. I was told we got one in a few days ago, so there's a strong possibility that a lot of stores received a controller or two. Don't assume your store doesn't have one, swing by if you have a chance.

[quote name='Scorch']Most CAG's went to Best Buy and got it for $25.

I don't have a full list of drops today, but the Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller appears to have dropped to 4.99. I'll have a full list later today.

//edit: I've never actually seen a RE4 chainsaw contr at my store so I was skeptical.. I was told we got one in a few days ago, so there's a strong possibility that a lot of stores received a controller or two. Don't assume your store doesn't have one, swing by if you have a chance.[/quote]If I remember right, Yellow RE4 controller = GC, Red one = PS2?

I don't think my stores have them either, though it might be worth stopping in to see. Calling on it, heck no, as they'd not have "any more of them". :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']If I remember right, Yellow RE4 controller = GC, Red one = PS2?

I don't think my stores have them either, though it might be worth stopping in to see. Calling on it, heck no, as they'd not have "any more of them". :roll:[/quote]

I thought they also did a second red run of the controller as a Cube controller. I'm pretty sure both versions are 4.99 but I put yellow to cover my bases.

Like I said, I considered the drop to be a "great, but we don't have them", until I noticed we got our first shipment in like a day or two ago. It's worth checking out.

[quote name='Scorch']I thought they also did a second red run of the controller as a Cube controller. I'm pretty sure both versions are 4.99 but I put yellow to cover my bases.

Like I said, I considered the drop to be a "great, but we don't have them", until I noticed we got our first shipment in like a day or two ago. It's worth checking out.[/quote]Hmmm. I thought it was just red for the PS2, though it would be a nice showpiece, in either case.

Thanks for the head's up Scorch. Without it for the Tekken 5 CE, I wouldn't have found one, as the employees were clueless about them.

i m forced to bite here, this sells for atleast $40 the gc version, ps2 is in $70.

Scorch i have 2 questions for you:

My Local Game Crazy said they could special order me a tekken 5 arcade stick. does this cost extra and how exactly does it work. they order it from another gc?

Doess gc price match gs because my gamecrazy has used kongas for $15 and gs has them for $3. i would buy them at gamestop but then i have to ride all the way to the other side of town to get the game at gamecrazy as gs has none in stock.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']

My Local Game Crazy said they could special order me a tekken 5 arcade stick. does this cost extra and how exactly does it work. they order it from another gc?

Doess gc price match gs because my gamecrazy has used kongas for $15 and gs has them for $3. i would buy them at gamestop but then i have to ride all the way to the other side of town to get the game at gamecrazy as gs has none in stock.[/QUOTE]

Special order requests is an extra $6 or so, I think. As for pricematching, I've done it before...but with a printed ad and a talk to the actual GameCrazy manager on duty (associates said no). However, you're talking about USED games and something Gamestop might not even have in stock...plus the $15 and $3 price difference is sorta big. Sounds like a stretch...so probably not.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I couldve swore Ive seen Call of Juarez for $44.99 can anyone confirm? Scorch? FEAR has reached a price Id like to bite. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Call of Juarez is 59.99 new, 49.99 used, 44.99 used with MVP.. just like every other used newer release.

special orders cost $6 shipping and handling then the cost of the game.

Doess gc price match gs because my gamecrazy has used kongas for $15 and gs has them for $3. i would buy them at gamestop but then i have to ride all the way to the other side of town to get the game at gamecrazy as gs has none in stock.

no. company policy says no price matching, though there's some crooked managers out there that will.

Updated with yesterday and today's drops. Apparently the chainsaw controller dropped a while back, we just randomly got some in yesterday.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Dead rising isn't a drop. Somehow I paid $29.99 for a new copy a few weeks ago. Maybe my GC just likes me a lot.[/quote]

It is a drop. It was 29.99/24.99 a few weeks ago. It went back up to 39.99/34.99. Now it's back down to 29.99/24.99.

[quote name='Scorch']It is a drop. It was 29.99/24.99 a few weeks ago. It went back up to 39.99/34.99. Now it's back down to 29.99/24.99.[/quote]

Wow how did I not know that they would arbitrarily raise and lower their prices. *eyeroll*

Any reason GC decided to raise the price?

Thanks Scorch, I'll bite on that P.W., I've been waiting for it to drop a bit.

Does anyone know the current trade in value of a PSP? I was thinking of trading it in for a DS Lite.

Thanks!
AlexM.

[quote name='jagwire1141']Wow how did I not know that they would arbitrarily raise and lower their prices. *eyeroll*

Any reason GC decided to raise the price?[/quote]

It was a new concept that the company's trying out. It's called a "sale". :)

Im 99.97% Sure its $70.00. I asked scorch not oo long ago.

Either $68 or $70 last I checked

Definitely going to pickup Godfather, maybe SSX Blur too. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Scorch']8/1 drops up, holy crap @ Wii drops![/QUOTE]

I will be picking up (eventually) Godfather (Wii), SSX Blur, and Surf's Up on the 360.. probably going to grab Godfather on the 360 as well.

whoa, so I could get an HD-DVD drive for the 360 for $139.99 pre-MVP discount? (I would sign up since I haven't yet)... I don't even have a 360 yet, but it's definitely worth checking to see if my GameCrazy has one.

How much is MVP? It'd probably be paid off by the 20% discount I'd get, huh?

bread's done
Back