GameCrazy Price Drops! Taiko, GallopRacer, TimeCrisis W/Gun 19.99 or less and more!!

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Note 1/23 - If you guys are enjoying this sale, don't forget to "Rate Thread." This can be found near the top right of the first post on any page of this thread!

This morning All GameCrazy stores should have gotten a huge 32 page Price Drop List. Being the GameCrazy CAG I am, I have brought that list here to you tonight.

These prices should NOT be YMMV as the POS SHOULD reflect the changes nation wide.

Thank You CAG Oxidative for combining all of the pages into one PDF:
http://home.comcast.net/~oxidative/PriceDrop.pdf

Format: Title - New Standard Price - Sale Price - Used Price

32 of 32 Scanned and Hosted!

Highlights and CAG Reccomendations:
:ps2: Taiko Drum Master - 17.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 2 With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 3 With Guncon - 19.99
:ps2: Time Crisis: Crisis Zone With Guncon - 17.99 (This is in the POS as Time Crisis 4)
:ps2: Ninja Assault With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Vampire Nights With Guncon - 9.99
:ps2: Gallop Racer 2004 - 17.99
:ps2: Shining Tears - 19.99
:ps2: Trapt - 19.99 (Sale Price)
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 14.99
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution 3 with Mic - 17.99
:ps2: Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 with Dancepad - 14.99
:gc: Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos - 19.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 with Dancepad - 29.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix with Dancepad - 14.99
:xbox: Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - 9.99
:xbox: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 17.99

:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne - 17.99
:gc: Skies of Arcadia - 14.99
:ps2: Makai Kingdom - 19.99
:ps2: Stella Deus - 19.99
:gc: Gotcha Force - 9.99
:gc: Rave Master - 19.99
:ps2: Digital Devil Saga - 19.99
:ps2: Jak X - 19.99
:ps2: King of Fighters 2002/2003 - 19.99
:ps2: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana - 29.99
:ps2: Ys' Ark of Napishtim - 19.99
:ps2: Culdcept - 9.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Parts 1 through 3 - 14.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Part 4 - 17.99
:ps2: Genji - 19.99
:ps2: Haunting Grounds - 19.99
:ps2: Ico - 14.99
:ps2: Kessen 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Kessen 3 - 19.99
:ps2: La Pucelle Tactics - 17.99
:ps2: Metal Slug 4 and 5 - 19.99
:ps2: :xbox: Psychonauts - 19.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7 and 8 - 14.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9 - 17.99
:ps2: RPG Maker 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts - 14.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant - 17.99
:ps2: Suikoden 3 - 14.99
:ps2: Fatal Frame - 14.99
:xbox: Fatal Frame - 9.99
:ps2: PTO IV - 9.99

I stopped by a few today and managed to do pretty well. Got:

Taiko Drum Master (Brand New)
Metal Slug 3 (Brand New)
Under the Skin (Brand New)
Ys The Ark of Napishtim (Opened display model)
Makai Kingdom (Used)
P.T.O. IV (Used)
Shining Tears (Used)
Stella Deus (Used)
Suikoden III (Used)

Only two bummers:
1) One store had a new Growlanser Generation Deluxe package, but was still charging $79.99 for it.

2) No DDR Max 2 Bundle or Karaoke Revolution Bundles. I also passed up on some GunCon games since those aren't really my thing.

[quote name='sabin23']I found a couple copies of Stella Deus at GC... but the GC employee surprisngly kept persuading me not to buy it due to the fustrating battle system... I told him but it's only $20... then he responded, is that 20 in or out of your pocket?

It was kind of funny since most GC employees keep trying to ram stuff to buy down our throats.
[/QUOTE]

I also got a similar situation to that as well, where I asked "do you guys have Stella Deus or Shining Tears by any chance?", and the GC employee told me, "yeah, the gameplay is horrible, don't get it yada yada". I'm just wondering sabin, did the guy have cornrows?

So went on another CAG run with FFMooglestar (aka MoogleMan) and managed to pick up a few things for birthday gifts. If anyone is still interested we left extra copies of Donkey Konga 2 /w Bongos, Stella Deus, Trapt, Guncon games and Eyetoys for other CAGs in the SD area (there's like 7 Gamecrazy's within our own zip code!!). But if anyone would like me to grab some of them (if they are still there), I might be able to. Let me know.

Thanks again FFMooglestar for delivering a concussion to my checking account:whistle2:# .

I bought a MVP card when I bought games there yesterday.

I had $10 on my account from pre-orders I never used, so it's like i only got it for $10. I also plan on buying a bunch of older xbox games so I figured I would use it a bunch. Might even go back later this week. It also came with a free magazine subscription. I picked GamePro

Just got back from a few GC's...one of the clerks at the GC was a complete ass, I had them hold a TC3 w/ GunCon for me earlier when they said they had one in stock, got there and asked the guy and he was like "Ah Time Crisis 3..." and something else, he then proceeded to walk around doing inventory like he didn't hear me. So I "gently" asked him again a couple minutes later and he was like "Oh, no, we don't have those in stock, at least not with the GunCon, we might have the game only" and acted completely clueless when I told them someone there said they'd put a hold on it for me...What a dick.

Luckily I drove back to another GC closer to me and they had a mint TC3 w/ GunCon for 15 bucks...score.

But to all those getting games with GunCons
...REMEMBER to check that the GunCon comes with the cable adaptor thing, because with just the gun and the game, it's useless because you can't set it up properly...so renders it worthless, I didn't know about it until I got home and tried to install it and realized I needed a cable...needlessly to say I'm taking it back tomorrow, luckily I saw another copy at the third GC, so probably going to swap it with them.

Sidenote: I didn't pick it up, but I'm pretty sure that Radiata Stories is 29.99 new, and I believe 24.99 used; however, being a Sqaure-Enix game, isn't the game going to drop to at least 19.99 or lower soon as with all the FFs, KHs, Star Ocean, etc... Was thinking of picking up a used copy but thought...nah it'll be 20 bucks new soon, maybe I'm wrong?

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i also saw radiata stories selling for $29.99 at my local gamecrazy :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

First I would like to thank fellow CAG'rs Ma12kez and marten very much. I could not find Trapt and Donkey Konga 2 Bongo set at the Game Crazies near me. Both of them stepped up and helped me out for merely their cost plus shipping. Thank you both.

I listed what I did find at my 2 GC's yesterday so I won't relist that. I did drop by them both again today to see what I had missed (and everyone else had too or either had or let go).

Picked up:

Culdcept (New)
Tsugunai (Used)
PTOIV (Used - its missing case and manual though could use those or another copy if someone finds one figured until then it was a good place holder for less than $8)

Then stopped by a Movie Trading Company on the way home and picked up a GC Skies of Arcadia:Legends for $4.75 Already have it but figured wth for that price.

Not a bad haul for $30.

TexTuna

There are couple games that I do not know if they are the ones on sale, they are:

Karaoke Party
DDR Extreme

The Karaoke one is the 4th installment? And DDR Extreme is...? I was going to pick them up for trade as I saw couple of them in one of the GameCrazy, but I do not play those games and was not sure...

Also saw they have Trapt...but not sure if anyone wants it and so just passed it.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']There are couple games that I do not know if they are the ones on sale, they are:

Karaoke Party
DDR Extreme

The Karaoke one is the 4th installment? And DDR Extreme is...? I was going to pick them up for trade as I saw couple of them in one of the GameCrazy, but I do not play those games and was not sure...

Also saw they have Trapt...but not sure if anyone wants it and so just passed it.[/QUOTE]

Party is still regular priced, it's the newest Karoke volume. DDR Extreme is $17.99, which is an excellent price. I picked it up earlier today.

BTW, does anyone have an opinion on Y's? I watched a video review but want some personal opinions on the game.

Alot of the games I buy are for my wife and sons...Trapt though is one I'm really looking forward to playing. I can be a sadistic SOB so the idea of setting traps to behead, dismember, and terrorize the crap out of people really, really, intrigues me! :)

[quote name='Sway']Party is still regular priced, it's the newest Karoke volume. DDR Extreme is $17.99, which is an excellent price. I picked it up earlier today.

BTW, does anyone have an opinion on Y's? I watched a video review but want some personal opinions on the game.[/QUOTE]

Hm, actually, I kind of forgot the name of the DDR one I saw. I know it is a big box that is all.:whistle2:k Not playing those games or trying to follow them often make me negalect some details...

Anyway, thanks for elaborate details of the Karaoke and DDR games for me.:)

[quote name='Sway']Party is still regular priced, it's the newest Karoke volume. DDR Extreme is $17.99, which is an excellent price. I picked it up earlier today.

BTW, does anyone have an opinion on Y's? I watched a video review but want some personal opinions on the game.[/QUOTE]

Was that for the game only, or the DDR Extreme w/ Mat Bundle...I've seen a bunch of the DDR Extreme 2 w/ Mat Bundles, but thought they were 50 or 55 or whatever they're marked, the clerk said they were that much too...although I didn't ask her to scan it since I thought only DDR Max 2 w/ Mat bundle was price reduced...Can you clarify/confirm this, thanks a bunch.

EDIT: I checked the list, and it seems it's for the game only, however just wanted to make sure, as if it's the bundle, there are HUGE stacks of them at my local GCs

[quote name='munkyballz']Was that for the game only, or the DDR Extreme w/ Mat Bundle...I've seen a bunch of the DDR Extreme 2 w/ Mat Bundles, but thought they were 50 or 55 or whatever they're marked, the clerk said they were that much too...although I didn't ask her to scan it since I thought only DDR Max 2 w/ Mat bundle was price reduced...Can you clarify/confirm this, thanks a bunch.[/QUOTE]

The price drop was only for the game itself. The only bundles I saw were for Ultramix 2 and 3 (X-Box only) and Extreme 2. I'm sure the Extreme 2 bundle is going to be marked down sooner or later. I'm only a casuar DDR'r and I have Max 1 and 2, In The Groove, and now Extreme to play with.

[quote name='Esper']I also got a similar situation to that as well, where I asked "do you guys have Stella Deus or Shining Tears by any chance?", and the GC employee told me, "yeah, the gameplay is horrible, don't get it yada yada". I'm just wondering sabin, did the guy have cornrows?[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yup, that's the guy (cornrows, about 5'8")... the DC location.

There were 2 copies when I checked on the weekend. I didn't see Shining Tears though, which seemed pretty cool for the 2-player co-op option.

Esper: Did you end up buying Stella Deus or any other games there?

[quote name='MightySlacker']Question for people that scored Nocturne - are you getting Limited Editions or Non-LE's? I just noticed one of the ones I got was LE and the other wasn't - I was wonder wtf was going on when one of them was a bit heavier.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Both of them (LE and regular version) had the same UPC when I checked at a local GC.

all the Gamecrazy's in Los angeles, Alhabra, Montery Park. El monte, even La habra had no Stella Deus's seems one guy has gone to all the stores to pick it up. Did happen to find one in Pomona. Also picked up along the way a used Time crisis Crisis Zone w/ Guncon 2 for 14.99 with Time crisis 3 for 4.99 since they guy gave me a 5 dollar off coupon x2. Also a used Vampire Night with guncon2 for 7.99 not too bad

[quote name='RockmanPET']all the Gamecrazy's in Los angeles, Alhabra, Montery Park. El monte, even La habra had no Stella Deus's seems one guy has gone to all the stores to pick it up. Did happen to find one in Pomona. Also picked up along the way a used Time crisis Crisis Zone w/ Guncon 2 for 14.99 with Time crisis 3 for 4.99 since they guy gave me a 5 dollar off coupon x2. Also a used Vampire Night with guncon2 for 7.99 not too bad[/QUOTE]

I was the one who bought the one in El Monte. Sorry, dude. :D

[quote name='sabin23']LOL! Yup, that's the guy (cornrows, about 5'8")... the DC location.

There were 2 copies when I checked on the weekend. I didn't see Shining Tears though, which seemed pretty cool for the 2-player co-op option.

Esper: Did you end up buying Stella Deus or any other games there?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ended up buying Stella Deus. I didn't really care regardless of what he said, haha. I asked him if he had Shining Tears in stock and then he goes on and on, on how easy it was. I didn't get an answer on either Shining Tears was in stock or not, oh well. I also asked him if these games are in stock: Tsugunai(used-only disc), Suikoden 3-nope, Gradius III/IV-nope, KOF 01-02-nope, KOF 02-03-nope, Gallop Racer 2004-nope, Nocturne-nope, Wizardry-nope.

Also got Dual Hearts from the DC location.

I do believe there were 2 or 3 Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos in the SB location, last time i checked.

I really want Time Crisis 3 with the Gun, idiot working at my Gamecrazy was like uhhh I saw it somewhere, cant find it at the moment... uhhhh.

got what i wanted.

time crisis crisis zone (bought it for extra guns even tho i own this game import)
taiko drum master. (love this game)

tc was under the case i told the guy to get it out and he's all "that'll be an added 54.99"...i was all "please scan it first"......his face turned ultra weird LOLOOL and he's all it's 17.99.
i'm like that's right.

of course i wanted a disgaea and a digital devil saga but my area has been cleaned out of those two games for months. it's not even funny.

For those who live in and around the Alhambra, CA area, please let me know if any of the following games are still around at any of the stores in the area. The sales has been going on for more than 2 days I don't want to waste gas driving around and find nothing. TIA

-Digital Devil Saga 1
-Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 w/ dance mat (PS2)
-Any of the guncon games

Siriam- around alhambra no most of the Gc's were cleaned out of any DDS 1's.
I havent seen any DDR max2 just extremes.
and Guncon games the Rosemead/Pasadena store should still have a copy of Time crisis 2 and 3 but with no guns.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Point taken. But I don't believe many mangers would take the time to look @ the security tapes to verify when GoAztecs was at the counter and then look @ the sales records to determine when employee bought the game.

No one is being ripped off per se. The only unfortunate consequence is a customer doesn't get the game he rightfully had on hold. A crime, indeed, but one that doesn't affect GC's balance sheets. Well, at least not in the near term. In the long term they may lose customer loyalty (if such a thing exists anymore).[/QUOTE]

It may not be a crime but it does cost GC customers. Employees like this hurt their business.

I don't know if this is YMMV or something, but the GC employee at where I went hooked my up with two sheets of coupons with many nice deals like B1G1 and 20% off used games, $5 off memory card, controller, etc and many other deals.

I'd post a scan but I already used most of the good ones.

went the GC in Madison WI, anyone looking for copies of La Pucelle, Makai Kingdom, Takai Drum..., Pm me, the store by me has some left,

So far only game they had that I needed was a sealed Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne:D

[quote name='unforeseen']Both of them (LE and regular version) had the same UPC when I checked at a local GC.[/QUOTE]
If both have the same UPC, any way to tell if its LE or regular?

Thanks. After looking at gamecrazy.com and checking their store locator, it seems that there is one by me. Im going to stop by and see if there is anything left.

[quote name='RockmanPET']all the Gamecrazy's in Los angeles, Alhabra, Montery Park. El monte, even La habra had no Stella Deus's [/QUOTE]

check the one in compton or the one in crenshaw. I picked up stella deus yesterday at the one in crenshaw for $20 new.

The rpgs dont really sell as well in compton or crenshaw, and most of the white boys and asians are too scared to drive to a black neighborhood to bother picking up the good rpgs when they drop in price.

As far as "it seems like one dude picked up all of the stella deus in los angeles!" theory, i dont buy it. Simply because los angeles is too big of an area and the good games are going to go pretty quick because there are so many people in los angeles.

I WANT:
Digital Devil Saga SEALED
Nocturne Limited Edition SEALED

I have:
Digital Devil Saga 2 SEALED
Karaoke Revolution Volume 3 with Microphone SEALED
Nocturne SEALED

I picked up Puyo Pop Fever DS for $15, dunno if it was part of the sale, and I haven't been following this thread to much, but I figured I'd mention it.

went back and picked up their last time crisis 3.

they have a ton of time crisis 2 and 3 with no guns if anyone wants them let me know.

First off, thanks to the OP. This is an excellent sale.

So, I picked up Time Crisis 2 (used but complete), Time Crisis 3 with Guncon (new) and Crisis Zone with Guncon (new). What can I say, I've been wanting to pick up some Namco lightgun goodness for a while, and this was the perfect excuse.

So here's the problem. I've got my PS2 hooked up to my TV with S-Video. I need to find the Sony AV Adaptor, SCPH-10130U, so I can connect the Guncon and still connect to the TV with S-Video, but I can't find it anywhere. I've checked the EBGames, GameStop, and BestBuy websites, with no luck.

I figure, with all the people here grabbing Guncon games, I'm probably not gonna be the only one with this problem. So does anyone here know where to find this part, or a reasonable knockoff thereof, if one exists?

Whoever cleaned out Maple Heights OH - be glad I was too hungover to go there today. i called last night and they had all the good stuff in, but overslept and called again and just about all of it is gone.

Dave

Did a search and it shows up on this website for $18 + whatever shipping cost is
http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=1760948&s=cnet

[quote name='Theros']First off, thanks to the OP. This is an excellent sale.

So, I picked up Time Crisis 2 (used but complete), Time Crisis 3 with Guncon (new) and Crisis Zone with Guncon (new). What can I say, I've been wanting to pick up some Namco lightgun goodness for a while, and this was the perfect excuse.

So here's the problem. I've got my PS2 hooked up to my TV with S-Video. I need to find the Sony AV Adaptor, SCPH-10130U, so I can connect the Guncon and still connect to the TV with S-Video, but I can't find it anywhere. I've checked the EBGames, GameStop, and BestBuy websites, with no luck.

I figure, with all the people here grabbing Guncon games, I'm probably not gonna be the only one with this problem. So does anyone here know where to find this part, or a reasonable knockoff thereof, if one exists?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Theros']First off, thanks to the OP. This is an excellent sale.

I figure, with all the people here grabbing Guncon games, I'm probably not gonna be the only one with this problem. So does anyone here know where to find this part, or a reasonable knockoff thereof, if one exists?[/QUOTE]
I found the adapter using Froogle for $13 + shipping here:
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/DH00000828.htm

I don't know how reputable they are but their rating from Froogle isn't bad.

[quote name='iazybandit']If both have the same UPC, any way to tell if its LE or regular?[/QUOTE]

The LE comes with a BONUS game soundtrack, that is all.

Quick question: I don't know much about TV's, but if I'm using a LCD TV and use the Sony A/V Adapter, would I be able to play Guncon games on it or no? Thanks in advance.

Didn't really print a list/remember to search for much....couldn't find Taiko, Time Crisis, only got Metal Slug 4/5, worker was surprised when he rung it up.

[quote name='Ma12kez']

Quick question: I don't know much about TV's, but if I'm using a LCD TV and use the Sony A/V Adapter, would I be able to play Guncon games on it or no? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

According to the back of the Crisis Zone box, "Guncon2 is not compatible with LCD moniors or Projections TVs."

bread's done
Back