GameCrazy Price Drops! Taiko, GallopRacer, TimeCrisis W/Gun 19.99 or less and more!!

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Note 1/23 - If you guys are enjoying this sale, don't forget to "Rate Thread." This can be found near the top right of the first post on any page of this thread!

This morning All GameCrazy stores should have gotten a huge 32 page Price Drop List. Being the GameCrazy CAG I am, I have brought that list here to you tonight.

These prices should NOT be YMMV as the POS SHOULD reflect the changes nation wide.

Thank You CAG Oxidative for combining all of the pages into one PDF:
http://home.comcast.net/~oxidative/PriceDrop.pdf

Format: Title - New Standard Price - Sale Price - Used Price

32 of 32 Scanned and Hosted!

Highlights and CAG Reccomendations:
:ps2: Taiko Drum Master - 17.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 2 With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 3 With Guncon - 19.99
:ps2: Time Crisis: Crisis Zone With Guncon - 17.99 (This is in the POS as Time Crisis 4)
:ps2: Ninja Assault With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Vampire Nights With Guncon - 9.99
:ps2: Gallop Racer 2004 - 17.99
:ps2: Shining Tears - 19.99
:ps2: Trapt - 19.99 (Sale Price)
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 14.99
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution 3 with Mic - 17.99
:ps2: Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 with Dancepad - 14.99
:gc: Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos - 19.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 with Dancepad - 29.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix with Dancepad - 14.99
:xbox: Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - 9.99
:xbox: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 17.99

:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne - 17.99
:gc: Skies of Arcadia - 14.99
:ps2: Makai Kingdom - 19.99
:ps2: Stella Deus - 19.99
:gc: Gotcha Force - 9.99
:gc: Rave Master - 19.99
:ps2: Digital Devil Saga - 19.99
:ps2: Jak X - 19.99
:ps2: King of Fighters 2002/2003 - 19.99
:ps2: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana - 29.99
:ps2: Ys' Ark of Napishtim - 19.99
:ps2: Culdcept - 9.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Parts 1 through 3 - 14.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Part 4 - 17.99
:ps2: Genji - 19.99
:ps2: Haunting Grounds - 19.99
:ps2: Ico - 14.99
:ps2: Kessen 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Kessen 3 - 19.99
:ps2: La Pucelle Tactics - 17.99
:ps2: Metal Slug 4 and 5 - 19.99
:ps2: :xbox: Psychonauts - 19.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7 and 8 - 14.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9 - 17.99
:ps2: RPG Maker 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts - 14.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant - 17.99
:ps2: Suikoden 3 - 14.99
:ps2: Fatal Frame - 14.99
:xbox: Fatal Frame - 9.99
:ps2: PTO IV - 9.99

[quote name='awp']Haven't really traded much as Gamecrazy, but went in today and was pleased at their used prices for 360 games and they had nearly every one there used. Are there any good "buy cheap, trade high" games for Gamecrazy like there sometimes are for Gamerush (ie., like the recent Red Ninja goldrush)?[/QUOTE]
MightySlacker will tell you about Geist, which trades in for $18. I might actually give that one a go soon. I have yet to browse GC's current gen stuff (only the classic games), so it might be worth it if I can get some cheap credit.

Yeah, knew about the Geist one. Unfortunately, my local BB is sold out and can't seem to find it cheap anywhere else.

The good thing about gamecrazy is that they pricematch trade in values so any Blockbuster/gamerush trades can be used at gamecrazy. And with the buy two, get one free, they ahve same great deals.

Might have to run by Game Crazy and finally pick up Trapt since these are permanent drops (although Trapt does say "sale"). Hopefully they'll have it. Probably will call first since it's a 30 minute drive.

[quote name='romodome']The good thing about gamecrazy is that they pricematch trade in values so any Blockbuster/gamerush trades can be used at gamecrazy. And with the buy two, get one free, they ahve same great deals.[/quote]

ive found that gamecrazy trade in prices are really good

[quote name='DuckM4n']ive found that gamecrazy trade in prices are really good[/QUOTE]
they kick the shit out of eb's

i hate eb. shining tears used is $35 at eb. dummies

[quote name='asianxcore']what are Gamecrazy's used 360 game prices? I am still looking to pick up GRAW on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Graw is $49.99 used, $45 if you have the MVP. That is, if they have it in stock.

Hey for your 360 guys, they are having a trade in deal on Battlefield Modern Combat where you get credit plus $5 bonus towards the game upon release. Based on what they told me yesterday, trade in all your games at once so that they are on the same receipt and you'll get your normal GC credit plus 5 for each title you bring in. This also works for Godfather on PS2 and Xbox.

if anyone can find me a trapt,suikoden III, or an Y's Ill make it worth your time since there are no gamecrazy's in virginia.

[quote name='InuFaye']if anyone can find me a trapt,suikoden III, or an Y's Ill make it worth your time since there are no gamecrazy's in virginia.[/quote]

I'm going on a GameCrazy run this lovely Sunday afternoon and will try to help out.

Yes could someone please bag me a Trapt as well? I really wish we'd get a Gamecrazy around here since they seem to have better price drops than Gamerush and everyone else.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Might have to run by Game Crazy and finally pick up Trapt since these are permanent drops (although Trapt does say "sale"). Hopefully they'll have it. Probably will call first since it's a 30 minute drive.[/quote]

What's Trapt all about, anyway? I've never heard of it, but a lot of people on these forums seem to be looking for a copy.

yes it does exist in VA but the ones i have been too do not have anything good left, the only decent thing was Taiko Drum Master, they also have guitar hero but it is priced at 69.99

and apparently trapt is supposed to be ultra violent

Trapt is (I'm pretty sure) the latest in the line of 'deception' games.

Personally, I only ever played the 1st one (Tecmos Deception), but I think there were at least two more in this series.

Basically, there is a giant house/manor/castle etc. and some sort of plot device that puts your character in charge of said house/manor/castle.

There are people out to get you and or take things from your house/manor/castle.

The main element of gameplay is setting traps for these people, luring them into the traps, and wathcing them die horribly.

If Trapt builds on the 1st title, there are some other gameplay elements (expanding/developing 'house', building/developing better traps, secret missions, etc.)

From my experience, you have to REALLY be into this type of game, because it is extremely repetitive.....I wouldn't mind checking it out though.

Is it at $20 now??....that may be a little too much for me right now.

Never played or heard of Dungeon Keeper....I've only ever owned PS1, PS2, + some older systems....never even played XBOX, or gamecube, N64.

Trapt is for the PS2.

$15 or $10 I think I would get it.
The first was kind of morbidly amusing.
I just remember setting up a bunch of traps to stun/daze people, watch them stagger about, hit them with a couple wall/spike traps, and then finally drop the floor from underneath.
The first one had a seriously low polygon count....kinda made the game 'cuter' then it was probably supposed to be. I'm assuming they've upped the 'darkness', 'gore', and 'violence' factors considerably since the 1st title.

[quote name='lvgamer1']
If Trapt builds on the 1st title, there are some other gameplay elements (expanding/developing 'house', building/developing better traps, secret missions, etc.)

From my experience, you have to REALLY be into this type of game, because it is extremely repetitive.....I wouldn't mind checking it out though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the problem with Trapt/Kagero 2. It hasn't really developed at all since Tecmo's Deception (3 games back) besides more traps and better visuals. I sprang for it at $20 since I like the series but others will probably get sick doing the same combo over and over once you find one.

Trapt is indeed a 4th installment to the Tecmo Deception series. Trapt is basically a remake of Deception 3 Dark Delusion for the PSX. Except the rooms are all new and they've added a Dark Delusion type of room trap which is way cool. These are only in certain rooms and you have to trigger them by activating certain things in the room itself, such as lighting a candlestick in the first room. (This trap is a maneating clock and it's pretty cool!) You also have to lure your enemy to the correct position in the room in order to get the Delusion to work. Be careful doing this as you can get yourself stuck in it! Overall I really like this updated version of the series. Yes it can get repetitive but some of the delusions are very cool and it's fun setting them off. There is a storyline to the whole game as well, so it's not just random running around and trapping people. I grabbed this game for $25 at Media Play when they were closing down. It's pretty fun and trying to figure out all the combos with traps can be challenging. The more combos you make the more $$ you get to buy new traps. Also mixing different types of traps enables new traps to be purchased as well. The end of the game can be pretty tough as you get these 2 guys chasing you in a room that you cannot get out of and they're pretty much invincible to almost all of your traps.

[quote name='mackaikai']traded in Geist today and it still has $18 value
Death by Degree $5
Backyard Wrestling 2 (PS2) $3[/QUOTE]

Geist has an $18 value?

I got it for free and I don't want it (someone brought in two to trade and we wouldn't let him trade in more than one of the same game so he just left the other copy)...definately should trade it in.

[quote name='vietgurl']Geist has an $18 value?

I got it for free and I don't want it (someone brought in two to trade and we wouldn't let him trade in more than one of the same game so he just left the other copy)...definately should trade it in.[/QUOTE]

That was an old post. I got $16.36 for it April 15th (but maybe the difference there is I don't have an MVP card). It might very well have dropped in the last month though. Worth a shot if you got it for free and don't want it though :D.

That's a wierd story on the trade-ins... Why wouldn't he just bring it back another time or go to another EB? Suspicious...

[quote name='vietgurl']Geist has an $18 value?

I got it for free and I don't want it (someone brought in two to trade and we wouldn't let him trade in more than one of the same game so he just left the other copy)...definately should trade it in.[/QUOTE]

$18 is still the "base' trade-in value at GC for Geist. The problem is that it's been cheap for while now at a bunch of places (TRU/BB) and most GameCrazys have used copies already. I don't know the exact way it works but each store lowers the trade-in credit for games it already hasin stock - The more used copies a store has the lower it will get.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']$18 is still the "base' trade-in value at GC for Geist. The problem is that it's been cheap for while now at a bunch of places (TRU/BB) and most GameCrazys have used copies already. I don't know the exact way it works but each store lowers the trade-in credit for games it already hasin stock - The more used copies a store has the lower it will get.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I wanted to trade in NFSU2 and they were only offering $6 because they had 8 or 9 copies of it on XBox. I brought over the in-store flier that said it trades in at $25 with MVP, and the value was adjusted.

[quote name='Scorch']This is true. I wanted to trade in NFSU2 and they were only offering $6 because they had 8 or 9 copies of it on XBox. I brought over the in-store flier that said it trades in at $25 with MVP, and the value was adjusted.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize they worked that way. That kind of sucks, then, because you have to go to multiple GC's to get the best price. It's already enough of a hassle deciding between EB/GR/GC as it is. So is it a good sign when they offer you wierd amounts (like $16.36 or $3.90) that it is a discount off of the standard base trade-in for that game? I traded Geist at $16.36, but checked a few other games. Terminator 3 Rise of the Machine was quoted at $3.90, Project Snowblind at $5. So maybe the Term 3 price was adjusted down a bit, but I'd have to go to another GC even to have a chance of knowing that. What a pain...

u think Gamerush is bad? nah, Gamecrazy is probably worse.

today i went back to this gamecrazy in the next town to trade in a True Swing Golf (DS) (by the way, they give u about 12.50 after MVP card), i asked them what's the balance on my account ( i KNOW i have 32 dollars in there) and this guy (the only guy i ever see working there) told me "oh you have 2 dollars left"

my face turned blue at that moment and i was like WTF, I know i have 32 dollars. he looked back to the monitor and was like "oh you renewed your MVP card last time you came in"..... BS, I bought my MVP card at another Gamecrazy and it's still valid til April, 2007, why would I renew my Gamecrazy card so early. I showed him my card and the card has other store's # on the card and 2007 expiration date...

suddenly he goes like "oh! oops I think we made a mistake, let me call and ask" after 3 phone calls, my credit miracleously reappeared but this time it's only 30 dollars.... yes, i lost 2 dollars for no reason and he said i already got all the credit back and it's 30 dollars -_-

great, at that moment i don't even care if i'm a CAG or what kind of cheapass i am (meaning i don't care if the game i buy is a good deal or not), i picked 2 random used games that i have tiny interest in and used up all my credit at the spot! who knows if i don't buy anything today and come back next time how much credit i would have, maybe -30?! lol

anyway, lessen learned, from now on, if i am ever going to trade in anything at gamecrazy, i will use the credit RIGHT THERE....

phew...feel better after my rant

(PS. i bought Super Puzzle Fighters (GBA) and Bomberman (DS), and i just looked at my receipt and realized i didn't even get the 10% off discount from the MVP card...@#OI$J@#IOJ$I@O$OI#O@)

^^^^ Interesting...

I traded at a northern VA GC today and got the credit on a gift card. They said it had to be in multiples of $1, which is strange. I thought my home GC told me I could get whatever credit I had on a card. I am going to go home and get my $36 off the account and onto that card (or the different type of card if it is more like the BB value cards). Besides the fact that I don't need them messing with my credit, I actually have a ton of GC's I can shop at (as opposed to GR) and I might want to buy things from different places.

Anyway, I posted these things in the GR thread as a comparison, but I figure they belong here:

Trade-in prices as of May 23rd, without MVP card:

PS2 Marc Ecko's Getting Up (regular): $16.36
PS2 Dragonquest VIII: $16.36
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 2: $2.50
NDS Zoo Keeper: $6.50
GBA Winnie the Pooh: $6 ($2 at Kmart :D)

Let's see some others! I want to know what games are good for trasferring my GR credit to GC.

GC has an amazing preorder sheet. They have pretty much all of the E3 DS games (Mario Basketball, Star Fox, Children of Mana, etc), Super Paper Mario for GC, and even some Wii games (though none of the Nintendo ones).

There's still two sealed Taikos and two Donkey Kongas at my GC. Trying to decide if I should pick them up or not...

interesting, they give you a gift card for your store credit? i trade in my games at 2 different gamecrazys here at Chicago and both of them told me they can only put credit in the store-account ;o

thanks for those trade-in prices update, maybe it's time to grab those getting up from Circuit City and get my money back!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='mackaikai']interesting, they give you a gift card for your store credit? i trade in my games at 2 different gamecrazys here at Chicago and both of them told me they can only put credit in the store-account ;o

thanks for those trade-in prices update, maybe it's time to grab those getting up from Circuit City and get my money back!!!!!!!!![/quote]

you can just buy a giftcard with the money in your store credit

i dont think they can stop you, its your money

[quote name='io']
Anyway, I posted these things in the GR thread as a comparison, but I figure they belong here:

Trade-in prices as of May 23rd, without MVP card:

PS2 Marc Ecko's Getting Up (regular): $16.36
PS2 Dragonquest VIII: $16.36
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 2: $2.50
NDS Zoo Keeper: $6.50
GBA Winnie the Pooh: $6 ($2 at Kmart :D)

Let's see some others! I want to know what games are good for trasferring my GR credit to GC.

GC has an amazing preorder sheet. They have pretty much all of the E3 DS games (Mario Basketball, Star Fox, Children of Mana, etc), Super Paper Mario for GC, and even some Wii games (though none of the Nintendo ones).[/QUOTE]
You might want to think about starting a thread in the Request a Deal forum or wherever it is they keep the Best Buy trade-in values. Might be worthwhile.

Doesn't GameCrazy match trade-in prices? So if I trade in a Getting Up at GR for $19 (assuming it is getting $19 on Monday), and take my receipt to GC, they should give $19 as well, correct?

And vice versa for GR with DQ8? Though if I drive between GR and GC just to get a few bucks more in credit, I'm pretty sure my gas costs will kill it. I'm probably gonna try to get 2 DQ8s and 2 Getting Ups today, and trade one each at GC and GR. Unless GC doesn't care about multiple copies, then I'll throw them all that way.

I don't know about the GC trade-in price match policy. They have a blurb about it in their flier (which I don't have with me right now), and it had an asterisk - but the note was about other parts of the flier (when the advertised sale prices were valid, etc). So who knows what the real fine print is (I'll check their web site in a minute).

I'm probably going to do the same as you when I get home. I already traded one Marc Ecko into a Blockbuster under faith that I can price match with receipt at CC no problem on Sunday. I'll probably wait until Sunday or Monday to do any more though (after I price match at CC). I'd try to push the GR price match policy with my GC receipt on DQ 8, but I just know that won't go well :D.

I'm more inclined to make GC match GR if possible on Ecko though - especially if it is true that GC's quote lower prices when they have a few of a particular game already in stock.

I was always hesitant to trade one game in at one store then take the receipt to another (with another copy of the same game). Not that it should make any difference, but they might think you are "up to something" doing that. Of course, you can get GR to print a trade quote which is nice - then it doesn't show that you actually did the trade but shows the value and current date.

Edit - OK, their web site is useless. This is all I can find:

Gamecrazy's crappy web site said:
How much can I get for my game?
Game Crazy gives you the best deal on trades - GUARANTEED!

We mean it! The Game Associates at Game Crazy will determine the trade in value when you bring in your game. So the best thing to do is bring it in and let us take a look.

So it is "GUARANTEED!" but they don't define what that means :D.

bread's done
Back