GAMECRAZY SNES GAMES 4.99 NES 1.99 price slashes

Sulmona

CAGiversary!
wow this seems to be very YMMV, so it looks as though no one is finding this, so u might want to ignore this, but I find it strange since prices were confirmed for me at two locations...

I figured this would be posted sooner or later, anyway, today Gamecrazy got new price drops for tons of games. pretty much all snes games are 4.99, nes games are $2. N64 games are $4.99 also. I was able to snag Kirbys Dreamland 3 for 4.99, pickings are still slim due to the 3 for $15 awhile back but I figure you can still find some good games. I am not sure on other games like PS1 and GB, i believe prices are mostly decreased but not so dramatically.

[quote name='Sulmona']I figured this would be posted sooner or later, anyway, today Gamecrazy got new price drops for tons of games. pretty much all snes games are 4.99, nes games are $2. N64 games are $4.99 also. I was able to snag Kirbys Dreamland 3 for 4.99, pickings are still slim due to the 3 for $15 awhile back but I figure you can still find some good games. I am not sure on other games like PS1 and GB, i believe prices are mostly decreased but not so dramatically.[/QUOTE]

not here games are still very high

[quote name='slidecage']not here games are still very high[/QUOTE]

yes the prices MARKED on the games are still high, however when you actually purchase the game, the prices are cheaper. I know for a fact every SNES game is 4.99 or less, and this is CHAINWIDE. Call gamecrazy and ask them the price of any SNES game, such as earthbound, even if they dont have it they should still have the price and it will be 4.99

They have not had time to change the prices on 200 old school games when they just got the reprice list today, but again the prices when you purchase are cheaper.

just called my gamecrazy, mario tennis for n64 is still $25

Also do you know what the prices for Genesis games are?

[quote name='Celes']just called my gamecrazy, mario tennis for n64 is still $25

Also do you know what the prices for Genesis games are?[/QUOTE]

wow i am very surprised, two stores in my area were doing this, I didnt personally check the n64, all I checked were SNES, and they were marked down, maybe the guy told me wrong about N64, can someone call a GC to see if the snes games are marked down or else this could be severely YMMV but I do not see how this could be the case

this is definitely YMMV.

i saw this posted, and since i'm not leaving for a little bit, i decided to take a quick trip to the nearest gamecrazy. not all snes games are 4.99, as the one i wanted (battletoads in battlemaniacs) was still 12.99 (as marked). yes, i did have him ring the game up.

i didn't check nes games, but i would imagine that if the prices for the snes games hadn't dropped, the nes prices haven't either.

wow really surprised, i just picked up secret of mana for 4.99 at another location... if somebody could call their GC and ask about secret of mana this could put the YMMV to rest, if they say its 29.99 ill just delete the post.

I went to my local gamecrazy today aswell, and not all the SNES games rang up 4.99, wish this deal was by me, could start a nice collection with this deal too

This deal didn't work at my GC either. I had the clerk scan a game each for N64, SNES, and NES. All were regular price.

this is very strange, I just called a gamecrazy in california and secret of mana there is 29.99, I have no idea why the two near me have them cheaper, maybe prices havent been updated everywhere or its just regional, sorry everyone.

yeah I work for GC, (yes i know your jealous) there are a couple things that happened with those price drops. 1.not all the store's nationwide recieved updates in their systems/nor recieved the price changes (prints out in the morning if we have any) marketing stated that that issue should be resolved soon, 2.also GC is in the process of a major upgrade to our POS (not piece of ****, though it sometimes acts like it) i.e. see removal and installation of new hardware, 3. if any of you work in retail im sure some of you know about such things as "test" stores, wherein new ideas (sales/promo's/contests) are tried out before being implemented for the rest of the company. those stores may have been in that test. hope that clears things up for you guys. Also to let you know, we have 2 sales going on (at least in my region):

3 for $30 on used 3rd gen games (ps2/xbox/gc) $14.99 and under and Buy 2 get 1 free on new ps2/xbox/gc $18.99 and less.

I went to gamecrazy today and talked to a friend who was working. All the games ARE going to drop to $5 or less, but it is going to take some time. They are currently in a major rehaul due to being bought out and they have to totally change the systems around, do inventory, repricing etc. The discounts were supposed to start on Saturday the 6th, but they realized there was no way this was going to work in time. I was told that all these games should drop either by the end of this month or some time early next month. The games are definitely going to drop soon though

[quote name='raregamergirl']I went to gamecrazy today and talked to a friend who was working. All the games ARE going to drop to $5 or less, but it is going to take some time. They are currently in a major rehaul due to being bought out and they have to totally change the systems around, do inventory, repricing etc. The discounts were supposed to start on Saturday the 6th, but they realized there was no way this was going to work in time. I was told that all these games should drop either by the end of this month or some time early next month. The games are definitely going to drop soon though[/QUOTE]

good, i knew it, it couldnt just be the two gamecrazys near me...

[quote name='raregamergirl']I went to gamecrazy today and talked to a friend who was working. All the games ARE going to drop to $5 or less, but it is going to take some time. They are currently in a major rehaul due to being bought out and they have to totally change the systems around, do inventory, repricing etc. The discounts were supposed to start on Saturday the 6th, but they realized there was no way this was going to work in time. I was told that all these games should drop either by the end of this month or some time early next month. The games are definitely going to drop soon though[/QUOTE]

Bought out?

[quote name='Scorch']Bought out?[/QUOTE]

i am thinking they are going to be basically discontinuing the older games... i need to check if ps1 are dropping to such extremes so i can place some special orders before prices go nationwide

well i am told ps1 games are going to be 4.99 as well, although i could not special order anything good since the exclusion lists are huge now, anyway my store re-adjusted the prices since they arent supposed to go into effect until later.

Alright! Gamecrazy - this is awesome! The closest ones to me are a bit far but they have tons of good SNES games!

[quote name='Sulmona']well i am told ps1 games are going to be 4.99 as well, although i could not special order anything good since the exclusion lists are huge now, anyway my store re-adjusted the prices since they arent supposed to go into effect until later.[/QUOTE]

I went to my local GC to check this deal out only to find that the place went out of business. Which isn't completely surprising considering the employees.............

Just making sure, but the people that have this deal going on, was this on every single SNES game?? Even including the RPGS? and anyone know if this deal will also apply to dreamcast games?

[quote name='Prepster']Just making sure, but the people that have this deal going on, was this on every single SNES game?? Even including the RPGS? and anyone know if this deal will also apply to dreamcast games?[/QUOTE]

im the OP and my stores started it early before they were supposed to, i went back today and prices were back up to normal but they told me the drops will go into effect soon, and yes, all snes games will be 4.99 (the guy said some might be 9.99 but since I picked up secret of mana for 4.99 I dont know what could be 9.99) I am not sure on DC but I believe they will be 4.99 also

Special order? I wonder if there would be anyone willing to pick me up some high priced games, such as Mario Party 2-3, Mario Tennis, Secret Of Mana, and what ever else was high priced. I didn't buy any 20-30 dollar games at EB when they had the buy-two-get-one-free sale, as I was hoping to find it cheap at a flea market or something.

[quote name='slidecage']not here games are still very high[/QUOTE]I noticed the same thing on Game Crazy's prices. That's why I normally don't take the long drive to go there, since the only locations are on the North side (I live South).

I should return there again; I would love to give them more business before Movie Gallery screws it up. I hope they keep the tournaments (yeah, I got my ass handed to me by some big angry guys who hate Marth, but I'd love to go back).
I got some nice deals there (new Lunar Legend $14.99 @ Evansville, IN, Fear Effect 2 $8.99 @ Cookeville, TN) and I hope they keep the old stuff, but it probably won't happen.

[quote name='Samurai T']I noticed the same thing on Game Crazy's prices. That's why I normally don't take the long drive to go there, since the only locations are on the North side (I live South).[/QUOTE]

only reason i went up there friday was the buy 1 get 1 free used movie/dvd using that visa coupon. They didnt have jack in vhs

This would definetly be great for the SNES rpgs that I haven't gotten yet. I just hope they still have the ones that I want when the prices go into effect.

[quote name='roguejedi5']This would definetly be great for the SNES rpgs that I haven't gotten yet. I just hope they still have the ones that I want when the prices go into effect.[/QUOTE]

im sure the same managers who hogged all the good 3 for 15 games will hog up all the good 5 buck games once the drop happens.

I went to my local Gamecrazy to move my special order fee of $6 (they couldn't get Rez for PS2...its on their exclusion list) to another title and wound up picking up Persona for $12.99. Good price IMHO even with just CD only; If this price is different from other Gamecrazy locations, I have not a clue...just thought it was a good deal ;)

I can confirm sporatic drops in random snes games at gamecrazy. Lufia if it was in stock was 5 bucks, I got battletoads for 5 bucks, and a couple random nes games for 2 bucks. Also got Flashback for genesis which seemed to be dropped to 3 bucks from 10 bucks.

I just called my local Gamecrazy store the employee said that most SNES, N64 and NES games will drop in price but not all. I will drop by later to see if they have anything worth buying at those prices. Ogre Battle 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Contra 3, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mario Tennis, Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana and Earthbound are on my wish list I hope I get lucky.

[quote name='secretvampire']Hollywood Video got bought out by Movie Gallery months ago. Taking a long time to get their
systems integrated I imagine, especially since the Hollywood/Gamecrazy computers seem to be ancient.[/QUOTE]

I thought Block Buster bought Hollywood video.

[quote name='Indiana']I thought Block Buster bought Hollywood video.[/QUOTE]

They tried, but Anti-Trust had too many concerns about the deal so Hollywood excepted Movie's buyout

I went to check out my local Gamecrazy store they did not have much. Ocarina of Time was the only $4.99 N64 game they had in stock that peaked my interest but I did not buy it. None of the SNES games they had interested me for NES they had Mega Man 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 in stock but some guy saw the carts before I did and bought them my brother ended up buying TMNT the Arcade game for NES for $1.99.

I checked the GC in Carol Stream, IL this weekend and the deal was not yet in effect there. Didn't really see anything that peeked my interest though. So I wasn't too upset.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I checked the GC in Carol Stream, IL this weekend and the deal was not yet in effect there. Didn't really see anything that peeked my interest though. So I wasn't too upset.[/QUOTE]

Its not so much a deal, as it is just random drops on random games. You pretty much have to go ask "How much is this?" for every game to see if it dropped.

I went by a local GC in he DC area. I was able to get megaman X for 4.99 - but other games still were not marked down in the system.

no all snes games will be 4.99 or less after these price changes go into the system

[quote name='Heyricochet']Its not so much a deal, as it is just random drops on random games. You pretty much have to go ask "How much is this?" for every game to see if it dropped.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stonetoad']yeah I work for GC, (yes i know your jealous) there are a couple things that happened with those price drops. 1.not all the store's nationwide recieved updates in their systems/nor recieved the price changes (prints out in the morning if we have any) marketing stated that that issue should be resolved soon, 2.also GC is in the process of a major upgrade to our POS (not piece of ****, though it sometimes acts like it) i.e. see removal and installation of new hardware, 3. if any of you work in retail im sure some of you know about such things as "test" stores, wherein new ideas (sales/promo's/contests) are tried out before being implemented for the rest of the company. those stores may have been in that test. hope that clears things up for you guys. Also to let you know, we have 2 sales going on (at least in my region):

3 for $30 on used 3rd gen games (ps2/xbox/gc) $14.99 and under and Buy 2 get 1 free on new ps2/xbox/gc $18.99 and less.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous of your ability to butcher the english language, as for being an GC employie. Something says I'll be in your shoes soon ;)

So, should I just ask the employee to try scanning a game I want to get for cheap? I was in a Game Crazy yesterday and saw NES Ultima: Quest of the Avatar marked $1.99, which I'll probably pick up today, but they also had Mega Man X2, but marked $24.99.

Is it worth asking him to scan it?

call and ask, they will likely look it up in computer

[quote name='Red Hedgehog']So, should I just ask the employee to try scanning a game I want to get for cheap? I was in a Game Crazy yesterday and saw NES Ultima: Quest of the Avatar marked $1.99, which I'll probably pick up today, but they also had Mega Man X2, but marked $24.99.

Is it worth asking him to scan it?[/QUOTE]

Things are really screwy with the drops..I'm wondering when they'll fully come into effect - the guy at Gamecrazy said the prices would be uniform probably by next summer. He also said that it was because of the BLOCKBUSTER buyout soo >_> I'm not buying that story.
In any case -
Yoshi's Safari = Marked at 4.99 , rang up at 14.99
Secret Of Evermore = Marked at 14.99, rang up at 4.99

They did however..have a disc only Suikoden in stock for 12.99 ^_^ along with a complete Marvel Vs Capcom for the DC for 8.99

I was in a local GameCrazy yesterday and the guy said that the price drops had gone into effect for his store. Of course, the one game I wanted - Mega Man X2 - was already gone. Oh well.

bread's done
Back