GameCrazy trade 2 Xbox 360 games get one Free

[quote name='Esperado']Does GameCrazy have a credit system? I would love to have 59.99 for when Gears of War comes out.[/quote]

credit will stay on your account at the certain store you traded in at. if you want to use it at another store you need to put it on a giftcard.

Does anyone work there? I saw on the website that they are having a trade 2 in for 1 but will they give store credit or do I have to get a game in stock at the moment? Also is this just 360 games?

[quote name='xrickyb86x']credit will stay on your account at the certain store you traded in at. if you want to use it at another store you need to put it on a giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever done this? I've never been able to use my credit anywhere else besides the store i traded at. I had a guy try to put it on a gift cert., but it wouldnt work.

I can get Kameo and PGR3/PDZ for a total of $15, so this would work out very very well for me. Is there a limit to how many times I can do this? If not, I'm gonna get all the Kameos/PGR3's/PDZ's that I can. Also, do I have to be an MVP for this to work?

went to do this yesterday and while the website says see store for details....not a single store in my area knew about it. The guy who was doing this called all the gamecrazy's to see if they had heard anything and they didnt, one of the managers contacted corporate and apparently he says it will be ammended to include some guidelines so you wont be able to do what I did, trade in 2 games that were worth 15 in credit each for Hitman 360.

[quote name='Grimes']I can get Kameo and PGR3/PDZ for a total of $15, so this would work out very very well for me. Is there a limit to how many times I can do this? If not, I'm gonna get all the Kameos/PGR3's/PDZ's that I can. Also, do I have to be an MVP for this to work?[/QUOTE]

MS Website? Don't they limit you to 1 each?

Yes, unless you have mutliple places to mail them and multiple credit cards to use.

I had waited for something like this at EB but decided to give up and sold my PDZ and Madden, oh well at least I got $25 cash each for them after all shipping and fees were covered....

[quote name='gizmogc']MS Website? Don't they limit you to 1 each?[/QUOTE]

;)

Yup, I got multiple names/addresses/credit cards that I use. It only takes me about 30 minutes to rack up 7,500 points, which is enough for two games and something else, or a couple wireless controllers.

[quote name='Grimes'];)

Yup, I got multiple names/addresses/credit cards that I use. It only takes me about 30 minutes to rack up 7,500 points, which is enough for two games and something else, or a couple wireless controllers.[/QUOTE]

Wow, way to take advantage of it and scew everyone else over asshole.

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow, way to take advantage of it and scew everyone else over asshole.[/QUOTE]

huh? I fail to see how doing that screws anyone over besides MS.

[quote name='Grimes']huh? I fail to see how doing that screws anyone over besides MS.[/QUOTE]

Taking advantage of something that is
A. Only for people that actually sell games.
B. Lowers the quantity of games available
C. If enough 'fraud' happens, they may just get rid of the rewards program altogether.

You don't care though I'm sure. You probably just return all the sealed games at Wal-Mart, right?

[quote name='gizmogc']Taking advantage of something that is
A. Only for people that actually sell games.
B. Lowers the quantity of games available
C. If enough 'fraud' happens, they may just get rid of the rewards program altogether.

You don't care though I'm sure. You probably just return all the sealed games at Wal-Mart, right?[/QUOTE]

A) I do sell games...
B) It's MS, they won't run out of games
C) How many thousands of people are signed up for that? I don't think they'll notice me with my 5 accounts.

Wal-Mart eh? Good idea...

[quote name='Grimes']A) I do sell games...
C) How many thousands of people are signed up for that? I don't think they'll notice me with my 5 accounts.

Wal-Mart eh? Good idea...[/QUOTE]

Karma is a bitch.

guys, i work at GameCrazy and yes, if you want to trade in games you want to get the MVP b/c on 360 games you get and xrta 4 bucks basically, and then when you buy used 360 games, you get 4-8 bucks off! so yes, become a member b/c it will help you out in the long run, you will deffinitely save more that way!

[quote name='Grimes']A) I do sell games...

Wal-Mart eh? Good idea...[/QUOTE]

A. You work in a RETAIL store that sells games?
B. They do, all the time. Everytime Ive tried to get those 3 360 games there sold out. It takes time to restock FREE games
C. They will notice. When they do...just wait. It gets exciting from there.

[quote name='gizmogc']A. You work in a RETAIL store that sells games?
B. They do, all the time. Everytime Ive tried to get those 3 360 games there sold out. It takes time to restock FREE games
C. They will notice. When they do...just wait. It gets exciting from there.[/QUOTE]

A) Was I not clear enough the first time? Yes, I work at a RETAIL store that SELLS games.
B) Temporarily out of stock is different than running out for good. They were out of PDZ when I first tried to order, it took them 3 days to get it back in.
C) How are they going to make a connection between 5 different names, 5 different cards (with different names on them), and 5 different addresses?

[quote name='Grimes']A) Was I not clear enough the first time? Yes, I work at a RETAIL store that SELLS games.
B) Temporarily out of stock is different than running out for good. They were out of PDZ when I first tried to order, it took them 3 days to get it back in.
C) How are they going to make a connection between 5 different names, 5 different cards (with different names on them), and 5 different addresses?[/QUOTE]

Oh boy. If MS finds out...Well, good luck. You did have 1 real account, right?
Anyways, this is not the right thread to even be discussing this.

down for now as it wasnt supposed to be up yet but it will be back and soon(supposedly) I would imagine when it does comeback that the instore details mentioned will include the limitations on the promo, in other words you wont be able to trade those 2 games that get 15 bucks credit each for a brand new 60 dollar game......which is what I did, hooray for me!

I just called my local store to get the details. The guy said there are no restrictions on games being traded in. He also said that you can use the credit towards a preorder if you would like. Or, if you want a game that's less than $60, then you can spend the leftover on games for any other system. For instance, bring in two games for trade, then buy Table Tennis for $40 and spend the other $20 on a PS2 game. He said as long as you buy 1 360 game you can do whatever with the leftover.

Hmmm, now to decide if I want to reserve something or get Table Tennis and something else...

[quote name='xplocvo']I just called my local store to get the details. The guy said there are no restrictions on games being traded in. He also said that you can use the credit towards a preorder if you would like. Or, if you want a game that's less than $60, then you can spend the leftover on games for any other system. For instance, bring in two games for trade, then buy Table Tennis for $40 and spend the other $20 on a PS2 game. He said as long as you buy 1 360 game you can do whatever with the leftover.

Hmmm, now to decide if I want to reserve something or get Table Tennis and something else...[/QUOTE]

Your store must be cool, I visited my local GC & they said It's only good on current games (not preorders) & that it's whatever the game costs (IE if you did it for Table Tennis, the trade in values would be ajusted to $20 each, whereas DOA4 would net you $30 apiece).

I gotta tell you this deal + EB/GS Buy2 Get 1 free coupon = t3h pwn00rz

Dammit, I only have two games I would consider trading in and I just sold one of them yesterday. I so would have taken advantage of this if I had seen this thread beforehand.

[quote name='Cable387']Dammit, I only have two games I would consider trading in and I just sold one of them yesterday. I so would have taken advantage of this if I had seen this thread beforehand.[/quote]

whast this free game on microsoft's website thing?

College Hoop 2K6 is like $19.99 at Fry's. Not sure if it's a weekend deal or it's permanent drop. So if you live near a Fry's and needs another 360 game to get that new shiny $60 Oblivion or Hitman, College Hoop is your man.

[quote name='Americanpierg']whast this free game on microsoft's website thing?[/QUOTE] Um, I have no clue what you're referring to.

[quote name='Cable387']Um, I have no clue what you're referring to.[/quote]

that big arguement that took up half this thread about ripping off microsoft by
"getting 7500 easy points and then getting 3 games from the microsoft website"... said something about getting 3 games for 15 dollars...

Oh well, I just skipped over that because it doesn't interest me. I thought you were talking about something I said because you quoted me.

Yesterday I went over to my local GC and traded in Madden and Tiger for the $60 credit.

I was going to pick up Over G Fighters but it is not out until tomorrow.

The guy was really cool and just gave me the credit and said I could pick up the game when it comes in.

I called this mourning asking if I could use the credit on a preorder, and well I couldn't really understand what he was saying but I think it was something like I couldn't preorder but when the game came out I could do the trade in deal, which basically means no. But I'm going to go tomorrow to trade in my games and ask again since he wasn't making anysence. If I can't preorder Im just going to get hitman and exchange it at another store when ncaa comes out. I also asked when it ends and he said he didn't know but he should find out this afternoon so I'll make sure to ask when I go.

I called a few stores and 4 out 5 told me it was just $60 in credit applied to your acct. So if you spend $40 you still have $20 left over to apply to whatever. I'll be going to one tonight. DEAL ENDS JUL2.

The guy stated that I could not use the trade 2 get 1 new for a pre-order; but I am wondering what is to keep me from returning the game (it is still sealed) and getting the store credit. Could I do this? Any game crazy employees verify this would work as a work around solution?

I want to get in on this deal, but I don't have 2 X360 games I don't want to trade in! Unless I can find another game $20 or less along with PD:Z ($20 at EB) than I can do this deal.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I want to get in on this deal, but I don't have 2 X360 games I don't want to trade in! Unless I can find another game $20 or less along with PD:Z ($20 at EB) than I can do this deal.[/QUOTE]

Buy 2 and trade them?

[quote name='ejgarc']The guy stated that I could not use the trade 2 get 1 new for a pre-order; but I am wondering what is to keep me from returning the game (it is still sealed) and getting the store credit. Could I do this? Any game crazy employees verify this would work as a work around solution?[/quote]

I was unable to get them to let me preorder, but I was thinking the same thing you are. This should not be a problem for them to do. I also noticed that GC is charging much less than GS/EB for used 360 games. Many of the games GS/EB charges 49.95-54.95 used come out to 40.00 after MVP is applied.

I'm going to go in a bit seeing as today is that last day. If I can't get a preorder then Ill just pick up hitman to exchange later.

They said it couldn't be used on a preorder so I got hitman and Im going to exchange it somewhere when NCAA football 07 comes out. Does anyone know if GC lets you exchange games after 7 days or without the reciept?

edit: and without the deal I would have only gotten around $30 credit for both games.

I got Over G Fighters,and I'm going to return it for store credit.

It's written on the back of the reciept that you can return UNOPENED games within 7 days.

[quote name='DT778']I'm going to go in a bit seeing as today is that last day. If I can't get a preorder then Ill just pick up hitman to exchange later.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that 7/2 (the day of your post) was the last day? Still see the trade 2 get one ad on the website (no expiration date listed).

[quote name='awp']Where did you see that 7/2 (the day of your post) was the last day? Still see the trade 2 get one ad on the website (no expiration date listed).[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking. I would give them a call but I'm too lazy at the moment :p

[quote name='RiCeBo1']That's what I was thinking. I would give them a call but I'm too lazy at the moment :p[/QUOTE]

I just called and, sure enough, the CSR said the promotion ended Sunday. That really ticks me off when there's advertisement on their website for this and it's already over. I was ready to go in today to trade 2 for LOTR: BFME.

bread's done
Back