GameCrazy Trade-in prices thread

I updated the wiki with the latest trade-in flyer that I had before I recycled it (was just cleaning out my office :D). I probably didn't have the latest one, so I just put the prices as 9/20/06.

Poor GC, seems to be ignored as a place to trade-in. I guess mediocre prices + an utter and complete lack of any trade-in deals makes it kind of the last place to trade. I was glad I had built up a bit of credit when the last sale hit though (DDS2, Boktai, etc). Got everything I picked up fully paid for with my old credit, and still have about $50 left.

OK, bumping this ancient thread so we can get some Gamecrazy trade-in price updates.

Here are mine from recent trades, and I've updated the CAGwiki with them as well (all with MVP):

DS - True Swing Golf: $7.70
GBA - Drill Dozer: $9.90
PS2 - Ape Escape 3: $16.50

and some quotes (either from me or others on CAG):
PSP - Neopets: $16.50
DS - Metroid Prime Pinball: $3.30

Please post any other trade-ins you've gotten at GC in the last month or so (with dates).

[quote name='io']OK, bumping this ancient thread so we can get some Gamecrazy trade-in price updates.

Here are mine from recent trades, and I've updated the CAGwiki with them as well (all with MVP):

DS - True Swing Golf: $7.70
GBA - Drill Dozer: $9.90
PS2 - Ape Escape 3: $16.50

and some quotes (either from me or others on CAG):
PSP - Neopets: $16.50
DS - Metroid Prime Pinball: $3.30

Please post any other trade-ins you've gotten at GC in the last month or so (with dates).[/quote]

Rainbow Six: Lockdown (PS2) - $7.70

[quote name='onikage']Rainbow Six: Lockdown (PS2) - $7.70[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have on of these to trade! Added it to the CAgwiki.

These Prices are all with MVP at 15% extra per game.. he gave me the 15% because i signed up for MVP and had so many games.

DS - PingPal - $2.59
DS - Viewtiful Joe DT - $5.18
GBA - Dynasty Warriors Advance - $6.33
GBA - Need For Speed - $1.15
GBA - Batman Vengence - $6.90
CUBE - Tak 2 : Staff of Dreams -$3.45
CUBE - Baten Kaitos : Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - $6.00
CUBE - One Piece : Pirates Carnival - $11.50
PS2 - Ape Escape 3 - $6.90
PS2 - Rise of the Kasai - $8.05
PS2 - Eye Toy Groove- $2.59
XBOX - Marc Ecko : Getting Up - $4.60
XBOX - Lord of the Rings : Third Age - $3.45
XBOX - TimeSplitters : Future Perfect -$8.05
XBOX - Conflict Desert Storm - $2.30
XBOX - Advent Rising - $3.45
XBOX - Nightmare Before Xmas : Oogies Revenge - $6.90
XBOX - Psychonauts - $6.90

The End.

Thanks for the update and for saving this thread from the depths ;). I'll update the prices in the Wiki.

[quote name='frenchninja112']Help i can't find a recent value for both guitar heros w/ controllers?[/quote]
guitar hero 2 w/ guitar on 360 is 40.. guitar hero 2 on ps2 w/ guitar is 28

Wow, congrats to the newbie for pulling up this ancient (and appropriate) thread in which to ask the question! :applause:

[quote name='io']Wow, congrats to the newbie for pulling up this ancient (and appropriate) thread in which to ask the question! :applause:[/quote]
Well i know i wasnt the only person who wanted to know and plus it isnt in the wiki which by the way hasnt been updated in a while.

And Thx Scorch but i meant the first guitar hero

[quote name='frenchninja112']Well i know i wasnt the only person who wanted to know and plus it isnt in the wiki which by the way hasnt been updated in a while.
[/QUOTE]

I was being genuine! Most people just slap up new threads asking for these sorts of things. It took some effort to dig up this long dormant thread and ask in the right place.

And the wiki is as updated as CAGs allow it to be - when trade-in prices are posted I try my best to add them in. I think I'm the primary Gamecrazy editor and Scorch helps (mostly by getting actual prices since he works there).

The problem is, we don't get a lot of prices posted unless there is a specific trade-in deal running. This thread was supposed to be for all trade value posts but it never really worked out too well. The last big deal (50% bonus) had it's own thread and many of the wiki prices for PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP, at least, were updated then IF people traded a certain game in.

I don't think there are enough CAGs trading at GC regularly that care to post their trade-in prices, and all it takes is a few days of inactivity for this thread to drop out of sight.

[quote name='lurknomore']io, I've done quite a bit of GC trading, so I'll either post here or PM you...since you seem to be the Wiki GameCrazy guy as you stated.[/QUOTE]

Just post here and I'll add them. It doesn't hurt to keep the thread going - maybe it will spur others to post prices ;). Unless you've got some reason not to post (I could see someone maybe not wanting the store go to know who they are on CAG) - if so, a PM to me will work too.

[quote name='LINK1392']Anyone know Trade in value for DOAX2 on 360? I called but the guy said it isnt in the system..wtf.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know it is as that was one of the games people traded during the 50% bonus deal. According to the wiki, as of July 1st, it was $25 with MVP. It may very well have dropped since then, though.

wonder if that outrun price is still that high

fat ds systems are falling as well. called last month 60 called the other day down around mid 40s

: (

i got a fat ds that i would loved to got nice cash from

fat ds's are still $52 but it depends on how many your local store has.

DOA X2 (tell the guy to search the 360 section for 'dead' next time) still fetches about $20, because for some reason, GC refuses to drop it down from 59.99 new/44.99 used.

PSP value is unchanged AFAIK, i'll check tomorrow.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']That wiki is the bee's knees.

Anyone have the current value for hardware (PS2, XBOX, GC) ?[/quote]
Don't know about PS2 or GC, but I was told $40 for a Xbox when I went there earlier today. Might as well hold onto it, since it's not really worth trading it in for that much. Better to just keep, since I never know when the other Xbox might quit reading games and need another system.

[quote name='AndrewCP']Well last month they would give you $70 for your old PSP. Now that the Slim is out, I'm not sure if that's changed.[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to know this too.

thanks

RC

anyone now the trade in value for call of duty 4 ps3 i looked at the wiki but it says 25 since 9-10-07 game didnt come out till 11-07

[quote name='killer9']anyone now the trade in value for call of duty 4 ps3 i looked at the wiki but it says 25 since 9-10-07 game didnt come out till 11-07[/quote]
Pretty sure it's $30, say it on the back of the ad the other day

No idea, but for what it's worth I got $6.44 (before MVP) for Top Spin 2 for the 360 yesterday. I have been unable to edit the wiki for a few months now (I keep getting errors when I try to save). Someone else will have to do it I guess.

Anyone know the price of gears of war, guitar hero 2 (w/ controller), and CoD4 for the xbox 360 without their MVP? I'm desperately trying to get GTAIV, and don't want to hassle with craigslist or ebay.

How much would i get for my xbox 360 20 gb with 2 wireless controllers, beautiful katamri, book and case, and guitar hero 3 with game and book and guitar, just not the box that the wireless guitar came in? Anyone know?

Uhhh. Seems like an old thread but this is actulaly what I needed to post this.

NHL 2K8 Xbox 360 = $11 after mvp (05/17/2008)

the cagwiki thing won't let me register so I'll just post here if I get any more trade in values.

P.S. the cag wiki is a bit outdated.

how much could i get for these four playstation 3 games in store credit not cash

grand theft auto iv
ninja gaiden sigma
madden 08
need for speed carbon

I got $9.10 (after MVP) for Cars for the 360 today. I'll update the Wiki when I get a chance - I have to do it on another computer as I get errors on my main one when I go to save changes (very frustrating!).

Anyone know the trade in value for a PS2 and GBC (Gameboy Color) and these games Final Fantasy XII, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Codebreaker, and The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening. I also got 2 Dualshock controllers and a 8 mb memory card.

[quote name='KBP']Anyone know the trade in value for a PS2 and GBC (Gameboy Color) and these games Final Fantasy XII, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Codebreaker, and The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening. I also got 2 Dualshock controllers and a 8 mb memory card.[/quote]

I was given about $9 for trading in 1 dualshock controller yesterday at GC. Better than ebay. When I traded in a slim ps2 about a year ago, they gave me $20 (it's better to sell it on ebay).

Can't help you with the others, but I know they won't give you more than a few bucks for the GTA games.

bread's done
Back