Gamecube Barbie Game

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
My friend just bought her 7 year old a Gamecube.
Now seeking a Barbie game to play.
Any help would be appreciated!

Oddly enough, I don't believe any Barbie games were released for the Gamecube. Yes to GBA, PS2, Wii, and the PC, but none for the Cube -- which is fine because the Barbie game series is pretty poor anyhow.

I would suggest buying "Harvest Moon Magical Melody" (very easy to find, and you can be a girl in the game) or "Animal Crossing" instead. Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy is fairly satisfying for the younger set, and Princess Leia represents for girls pretty well. Anything with Mario will be a winner, and Chibi Robo is cute enough for girls to appreciate and not feel like they are in a world of boy games. Ribbit King too.

If u must buy a licensed property or movie based title, try Barnyard, Over the Hedge, Ratatouille (sp?), Cars. Barnyard and Cars both have very rich gaming experiences, and Ratatouille and Over the Hedge have co-op.

the barbie game that was planned for the gamecube (treasures in time) was canceled.

Chibi Robo is an excellent suggestion and it's easy enough for a 7 y/o to play. Animal Crossing is also a good recommendation.

Thanks for the replies -
but what about...

Barbie Treasures In Time (out of stock on Amazon but listing for trade points on two trade/point sites)

[quote name='donut']Thanks for the replies -
but what about...

Barbie Treasures In Time (out of stock on Amazon but listing for trade points on two trade/point sites)
[/QUOTE]
It was never released.

[quote name='daminion']the barbie game that was planned for the gamecube (treasures in time) was canceled.[/QUOTE]

Your question was already answered :p

Don't get a Barbie game. You can get kid-friendly games that aren't horrible, too.

My six year old sister LOVES Super Mario Sunshine. I recommend that.

My friend just bought her 7 year old a Gamecube.
Now seeking a Barbie game to play.
Any help would be appreciated!

Oddly enough, I don't believe any Barbie games were released for the Gamecube. Yes to GBA, PS2, Wii, and the PC, but none for the Cube -- which is fine because the Barbie game series is pretty poor anyhow.

I would suggest buying "Harvest Moon Magical Melody" (very easy to find, and you can be a girl in the game) or "Animal Crossing" instead. Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy is fairly satisfying for the younger set, and Princess Leia represents for girls pretty well. Anything with Mario will be a winner, and Chibi Robo is cute enough for girls to appreciate and not feel like they are in a world of boy games. Ribbit King too.

If u must buy a licensed property or movie based title, try Barnyard, Over the Hedge, Ratatouille (sp?), Cars. Barnyard and Cars both have very rich gaming experiences, and Ratatouille and Over the Hedge have co-op.

the barbie game that was planned for the gamecube (treasures in time) was canceled.

Chibi Robo is an excellent suggestion and it's easy enough for a 7 y/o to play. Animal Crossing is also a good recommendation.

Thanks for the replies -
but what about...

[quote name='donut']Thanks for the replies -
but what about...

[/QUOTE]
It was never released.

[quote name='daminion']the barbie game that was planned for the gamecube (treasures in time) was canceled.[/QUOTE]

Your question was already answered :p

Don't get a Barbie game. You can get kid-friendly games that aren't horrible, too.

My six year old sister LOVES Super Mario Sunshine. I recommend that.

[quote name='donssword']Yeah -- but it tends to be pricey.[/quote]

Are you serious? My TRU had 3-4 cases of them last year (~10 per case), clearanced and they still wouldn't sell.

I guess that explains why/how they all suddenly vanished within 1 week.

[quote name='sp00ge']Are you serious? My TRU had 3-4 cases of them last year (~10 per case), clearanced and they still wouldn't sell.

I guess that explains why/how they all suddenly vanished within 1 week.[/QUOTE]

I think Gamestop even raised the price of it to $34.99 used.

bread's done
Back