GameCube Broadband and Modem Adapters $25 @ Target B&M YMMV

comapro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was just at Target in Burnsville, MN and I saw 2 GameCube Broadband adapters in the electronic clearance section for $24.78 (or something) each. I picked up both. They also had 6 Modem adapters, but I figured they weren't worth anything (though I did see 1 go on eBay for $40).

I usually check their electronic clearance section everytime I go there. I was there 3 weeks ago and these weren't on the shelf then.

Well, only a handful of GameStops in a 200 mile radius of me have one. And when I bought the only one within driving distance, one of the GS guys had no idea what it was.

Not rare, but they typically go for a fair amount online. There's only a handful of games that even need them, so their usefulness is limited. There's a stack of these at my Target.

[quote name='dobiewan']Not rare, but they typically go for a fair amount online. There's only a handful of games that even need them, so their usefulness is limited. There's a stack of these at my Target.[/QUOTE]

Haha. The broadband is quite nessicary in hacking the Gamecube. The only way really so that's why they go so high. Just like the game that's nessicary to have to make it all work. And that game is incredibly easy to find and go for about $45 shipped.

[quote name='dhrez']Haha. The broadband is quite nessicary in hacking the Gamecube. The only way really so that's why they go so high. Just like the game that's nessicary to have to make it all work. And that game is incredibly easy to find and go for about $45 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Dare I say it?... PHANTASY STAR!

I paid $34 for a used one a few months ago, they were extremely rare at one point , but were reissued when PSO plus came out last summer...

[quote name='dhrez']Haha. The broadband is quite nessicary in hacking the Gamecube. The only way really so that's why they go so high. Just like the game that's nessicary to have to make it all work. And that game is incredibly easy to find and go for about $45 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Actually there are a chip and modified cases to acept full size dvds. They've been out about 6 months now I think.

[quote name='zackattack']Actually there are a chip and modified cases to acept full size dvds. They've been out about 6 months now I think.[/QUOTE]
I can only imagine how grotesque these abominations look...

Hmm I may check out my Target this week. I wouldnt mind playing some Mario Kart Double Dash online. Especially to gear myself up for Mario Kart DS online later this year.

[quote name='erehwon']Is that at the web site or B&M?[/QUOTE]

Probably both, but I've only seen it on the website. BTW, I meant the preowned ones.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Good job woman on finding your deal. I'll go shopping later for it.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the last one at the GameStop off McAndrews for $6. There's no other GameStops with it in stock within 200 miles of Burnsville. Except the one in Mankato. Gogogo~

Confirmed. I saw one of the broadband adapters in the clearance section of my Target today for $24.99, along with some older games (PoP:SoT, Timesplitters 2, Enter the Matrix, Rogue Squardron 3, and more) tagged at $13.98 and $6.98.

confirmed at Stow, Ohio Target - also had a ton of other stuff. Unfortunately the Lexmark all-in-one for $35 was gone when i got there :whistle2:(

Dave

Picked up my 56K modem adapter (used) at GameStop roughly a week ago for $4.99. SKU is 900558. Something to look out for.

Of course, I sold Phantasy Star Online Ep. 3 after finding I couldn't use my ISP with it, so I have no use for the darn modem. Maybe I'll keep it as a keepsake or something.

[quote name='BIG5']What other games use it besides Mario Kart and Phantasy Star?[/QUOTE]

You can do system link with Mario Kart, Kirby's Air Ride, and 1080 Avalanche.

[quote name='BIG5']What other games use it besides Mario Kart and Phantasy Star?[/QUOTE]

I've heard rumors that Rainbow Six: Lockdown will support it.

bread's done
Back