Gamecube Component Cables and GBM Faceplates now available at Nintendo World NYC

sswan117

CAG Veteran
As of 4/3/06, Nintendo World now sells component cables for the older Gamecubes for $29.99 as well as Game Boy Micro Faceplates for $5 each, including the Famicom faceplate as well. We are running a program where we will start to sell more hard to get accesories and spare parts as time goes on. I am posting because I know component cables go for more than a Xbox 360 game nowadays :hot: .

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and i was planning on going there next week for spring break, unfortunitly i have a paper due that week and the final is the following week..... :(

yea i could work on it and take the stuff with me to NYC, but I am pretty sure I wont able to use my cousin's laptop :(

[quote name='sswan117']As of 4/3/06, Nintendo World now sells component cables for the older Gamecubes for $29.99 as well as Game Boy Micro Faceplates for $5 each, including the Famicom faceplate as well. We are running a program where we will start to sell more hard to get accesories and spare parts as time goes on. I am posting because I know component cables go for more than a Xbox 360 game nowadays :hot: .[/QUOTE]

Make your #1 priority getting more Pokemon Box

Dave

[quote name='mackaikai']ahhhhhhh i really want that famicon faceplate but i don't live in NYC ;([/QUOTE]

The famicom faceplate is also available on nintendo's online store. Or at least it was a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='little_krampy']For those far away from NYC, check out this post from SD a few days ago. Appears you can call and get the $29.99 price + shipping.

Link to SD Post[/QUOTE]
I did this after some help from stoneage and suko_32. Ordered a pair today for $29.99 before tax/shipping, $37 something after tax and shipping. They said they only had like 90 left I think?

What would have sucked is if I missed out on this because I am a slickdealer and I missed it in the forum.

I have a feeling these will be the same cables used for the Revolution.

I've waited this far. Another 5 months won't hurt to see these cheaply sold.

I wonder will the component cable still be there next week?I don't feel like going there again.I went to the Eb in Rockfeller Plaza in last sundayfor the buy 2 get 1 free deal.All they have were mostly incomplete games and garbage used games.

Man, I would love to have that Famicom faceplate for my Micro. :drool:

Can someone in NYC keep us informed of what Micro faceplates they get in?

[quote name='little_krampy']For those far away from NYC, check out this post from SD a few days ago. Appears you can call and get the $29.99 price + shipping.

Link to SD Post[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just ordered one.

Yeah, I figure the Revo will have component cables (either packed-in or sold seperately), so I'm not in a hurry to buy these cables anymore as they won't really be used in 7 months.

I just sold my used one on eBay for $58 a couple weeks ago, so this is a pretty good deal for Nintendo branded component cables.

you can also go to www.nintendo.com and look at their online store, click the "Contact Us" link or its equivalent, ring them up and order the component cables over the phone for $29.99 + shipping. I did that myself about 2 weeks ago :applause:

Took a walk to the store during lunch. Very nice place, but (as expected) wouldn't go in there looking for any deals:
1. Price of buying pink Nintendo DS (for wife) at Nintendo World store - $190.00
2. Price of importing pink Nintendo DS (for wife) - $170.00 (includes shipping)

[quote name='chewster777']What's the big deal here? Why is this cable so cool?[/quote]

They are simply not as accessible as they should be. Throughout the lifecycle of the Gamecube, they have been difficult to find, and at times nearly impossible.

cable provides a better picture quality, but can be very hard to find. Also, only older gamecubes even use it, so it was never too popular to begin with.

[quote name='dragonjud']Took a walk to the store during lunch. Very nice place, but (as expected) wouldn't go in there looking for any deals:
1. Price of buying pink Nintendo DS (for wife) at Nintendo World store - $190.00
2. Price of importing pink Nintendo DS (for wife) - $170.00 (includes shipping)[/quote]

suuuure its for the wife... =p

[quote name='Puffa469']suuuure its for the wife... =p[/quote]

:ziplip: :D Actually, I bought one of these for my niece last week (for her b-day), and the moment the wife saw it, she said 'I want one'. Never mind that she spends a great deal of time preventing me from playing, and actually 0 minutes a week on her expensive psp. I'm going to hold off, though. Once the DS Lite comes out, these should be easier to be picked up (for less).

Link to SD Post[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I just ordered a cable. It came to $35, but is worth it for better looking games. Thanks!

I'm betting that a new cable comes out with the Rev that supports digital audio without hacking (the current cable does tap 16-bit 48khz PCM but then doesn't do anything with it).

none left now, the CSR told me they won't be getting any more in again. who knows how true that is though.

It only took 2 days for me to receive mine, if they are out now I'm glad I got one even though I plan to get a revolution eventually.

Well if the revolution can play all my GC games I guess I don't see the point in buying this cable.

Man! After checking ebay I'm glad I bought an extra one of these back when they were still available on Nintendo's site. I wonder why this cable has never been offered by a third party manufacturer like Intec or Monster?

[quote name='Speed Racer']Man! After checking ebay I'm glad I bought an extra one of these back when they were still available on Nintendo's site. I wonder why this cable has never been offered by a third party manufacturer like Intec or Monster?[/QUOTE]

It may have something to do with how it's a different port from the RCA/S-video port, or there may not be enough demand since (1) Not too many people had HDTV's at the beginning of the Gamecube's release and (2) Nintendo in their "infinite wisdom" removed the component port in the new Gamecubes since last year or so.

[quote name='Speed Racer']Man! After checking ebay I'm glad I bought an extra one of these back when they were still available on Nintendo's site. I wonder why this cable has never been offered by a third party manufacturer like Intec or Monster?[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a generic PS2/xbox/GC one on ebay now. I'm kind of tempted to sell my nintendo one and pick that up. Not sure about the quality though.

[quote name='pinoy530']Actually, there is a generic PS2/xbox/GC one on ebay now. I'm kind of tempted to sell my nintendo one and pick that up. Not sure about the quality though.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that is component? Not composite or Svideo?

[quote name='milmanias']It may have something to do with how it's a different port from the RCA/S-video port, or there may not be enough demand since (1) Not too many people had HDTV's at the beginning of the Gamecube's release and (2) Nintendo in their "infinite wisdom" removed the component port in the new Gamecubes since last year or so.[/QUOTE]

That might be the case but since these companies still offered component cables for the PS2 and Xbox it seems strange that the Gamecube got left out.

I think in this instance that the connector is proprietary and the Big N is either blocking 3rd party cables, or charging license fees that would price their competitors out of the market. Very silly, but that's the only reason I can think of that would keep companies like Pelican from making their own.

[quote name='hwong3']Anyone know of a list of compatible progressive scan Gamecube games? Also, its limited to 480p, right?[/quote]
The best list is here:
http://hdgames.net

Just FYI, 100% of all first party and second party games support 480p and about 50% of third party games support it.

BTW, I think that hdtvarcade list has some errors, so it's best to ignore it.

bread's done
Back