Gamecube Controllers on the cheap?

Rikka

CAG Veteran
I'm searching for some inexpensive Gamecube Controllers. I'd really like a Wavebird, but if I have to get an official, that's fine. If there are any particuarly good 3rd party game controllers, I'd like suggestions for that too.

I'd rather not buy used ones, due to the analog stick.

Thanks.

Dealextreme is a very good site that many CAGers order from. They specialize in knock-off products that are great quality for the price. Ships from Hong Kong, I believe, and shipping for everything on the site is free.

Gamecube Compatible Controller - $10.53

sku_5608_1_small.jpg

I'd just pick up used at GS/EB...

I usually spot a Wavebird every month...and I'm only in a store a couple times a month...
Personally I feel, if possible, stick with the Nintendo brand, especially for wireless...

I got an official wired controller form Nintendo's Online Shop a little while ago for about $25. Don't know if they still sell them though, since they totally redesigned their website and made it look like some lame wannabe Apple site or something.

[quote name='renwuying']I got an official wired controller form Nintendo's Online Shop a little while ago for about $25. Don't know if they still sell them though, since they totally redesigned their website and made it look like some lame wannabe Apple site or something.[/quote]

The website isn't that bad. It was due for an upgrade anyway, as the previos format was a little too young, if you understand my meaning.

Original Gamecube controllers are still $25 at the Nintendo online store.

[quote name='help1']That was a Wii classic controller.[/quote]

Exactly with rumble and wireless is that not what a wavebird is? Correct me if wrong but This hooks to the gc port on the wii

thrustmaster-announces-wii-wireless-classic-controller-20070913113828773.jpg

[quote name='help1']That was a Wii classic controller.[/QUOTE]

It works on Gamecube too, it is in-fact just a Gamecube controller with a Classic Controller layout. But the reviews say the buttons are remappable so you can basically change the layout to whatever you want.

[quote name='rmb']Exactly with rumble and wireless is that not what a wavebird is? Correct me if wrong but This hooks to the gc port on the wii[/QUOTE]

Wavebird doesn't have rumble, so in that aspect it's an improvement.

[quote name='rmb']Exactly with rumble and wireless is that not what a wavebird is? Correct me if wrong but This hooks to the gc port on the wii

thrustmaster-announces-wii-wireless-classic-controller-20070913113828773.jpg
[/quote]

Sorry, didn't realize you could go backwards with the controllers. Learn something new everyday!

There's a $5 off accessories coupon in a little red and blacc book at GameStop, they also just moved all of their new GC controllers to the used section.

$15 - 10% edge - $5 = 8.50. Good luck.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']There's a $5 off accessories coupon in a little red and blacc book at GameStop, they also just moved all of their new GC controllers to the used section.

$15 - 10% edge - $5 = 8.50. Good luck.[/quote]

I don't know man I live in Marin County and they had the official gamecube controllers at 25 bucks. What was really funny is I noticed all these ps2 and gamecube controllers with gamespot etched on them. Do they make controllers now? I wish they would just go out of business! I might get those wireless ones and just let my newphew borrow mine for a couple months.

bread's done
Back