Gamecube games get stuck?

VioletArrows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was shopping at Gamestop today and about to get a wireless GC controller (when did they get those little ones?! They fit in my hands perfectly!) and a bunch of Gamecube games, when one of the clerks asked me if I was going to stick those in the Wii. I told him yes, and he went on to explain that he's seen so many people go through a whole bunch of shit trying to get stuck gamecube games out of the Wii slot and that I really shouldn't use the Wii for it.

I haven't heard anything about this from any of the forums and sites I go to about it, but has anyone else seen any news stories about it? I buy Gamecube games now that I've got a Wii because I missed 90% of that gen, and now the games are really cheap (save for Smash Melee, wtf). I'm tempted to go back and get all the stuff I put back when I go and get the games I ordered for next week.

Yeah, I have no intention of getting a Gamecube.

What the hell is it about Gamestop that every time I go in there, someone/thing has to go and annoy me? Though if girl_gamers is any indication, it's some kind of rule to piss off/weird out any female that goes in there. *¬_¬

Looks like you got GAMESTOPPED.

Yeah. I'm going to coin that term. It's for when employees make up bullshit stories like the aforementioned. I've yet to hear of anyone getting a Cube game stuck in their Wii, and i've never personally had a problem with them, either.

Next time you walk into a Gamestop/EB store... make sure to bring along a pair of ear plugs.

So that way, when they try and give you advice... just tell them to wait a minute, stick the ear plugs in your ears, then smile and tell them to continue and just keep nodding.

Here's the thing. WHY would he do that? I was about to spend like $100 freakin dollars in there, on top of the stuff I had already decided on. I thought selling stuff was the point of the whole game store thing. He killed it.

Well...

... if you live in Edmonton, that might have been my older brother trying to sell you his old GameCube. If not, then it's GS' "BUY USED OR GO TO HELL AND GET RAPED!" policy.

lol...you probably got all the stuff that employee was going to buy himself. Like everyone else, I've never had a problem playing GC games on the Wii.

How I hate that crap at GS, just the other day I was in there looking for a slim PSP and I was told. " the bundles were holiday only can't find them anywhere" btw I hear this same line all the time from the same guy everything to him is a limited release. So 10 min later and at the Wal mart right next door I bought a white PSP. But back on point I have never had a GC game stick.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']its obvious that a) the games you put back wont be there when you go back and b) he was flirting[/quote]

a) *snort!*

b) It'll be kinda messed up but hiliarious to have an entire wall of wireless controllers and memory cards missing, and 28 copies of various Zeldas, 4 copies of Final Fantasy, and 8 copies of the various Sonic games missing off the shelf. That was about a quarter of what they had.

Never, ever listen to anything the employees at Gamestop have to say. Avoid the place if you can, but if you must then go in get what you need and don't speak.

And don't make eye contact? :p

I usually do avoid the place, but it was right there, and I knew they'd have the stuff I need. They took over our mom and pop game store up the street and destroyed it which makes me especially ...hostile. But I have to go back. I have to go get the stuff I ordered.

bread's done
Back