Gamecube Games Help

janglypangly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm wondering whats a good Gamecube game for under 30. It needs good multi and good single player. I was looking at the Phantasy Star games but ya, and input is appreciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it could go in this or the Gamecube one, but more people go here so I picked it :).

[quote name='Scarface7']
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it could go in this or the Gamecube one, but more people go here so I picked it Smile.

And therein lies the problem.[/quote]

Sorry I thought it could go either way, since I'm asking for a deal, but at the same time its specifically for Gamecube games... :oops: please forgive me!

Ikaruga is 2 players? and scratch out Mario Kart, Gauntlet, and Super Smash, already have those. Is Phantasy Star Episode 1&2 Plus good offline?

[quote name='janglypangly']Hey guys, I'm wondering whats a good Gamecube game for under 30. It needs good multi and good single player. I was looking at the Phantasy Star games but ya, and input is appreciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it could go in this or the Gamecube one, but more people go here so I picked it :).

[/quote]

I actually think this would have done fine in the GCN forums. Plenty of people go their and as long as this has been on the front page, plenty of people will have seen it. Plus most of the games that people will say will be able to be had cheap.....probably the best game for your specific needs would be SSBM. Also, it would be helpful if you could list the games you already have for GCN.

I suggest (in this order)
Alien Hominid (2-Player with 4-Player Mini-Game)
Wario Ware Inc. Mega Party Games (4-Player)
Mario Party 4 (4-Player)
X-Men Legends (4-Player)
007 Nightfire (4-Player)
007 Agent Under Fire (4-Player)

[quote name='janglypangly']Ikaruga is 2 players? and scratch out Mario Kart, Gauntlet, and Super Smash, already have those. Is Phantasy Star Episode 1&2 Plus good offline?[/quote]

Yup, Ikaruga is 2 players. Here's a suggestion for a multiplayer game that also has a great/pretty good single player experience, Timesplitter 2. Everyone should own this game on at least one system. But as I have just posted, it would be helpful if you said what you already own.

Pikmin 2 - It's mainly a single player game, but you can play 2 player battle.

Animal Crossing - Multiplayer, but you can't play at the same time.

Someone has already suggested the Mario Party and Wario Ware games, those are good, although Mario Party is better IMHO. Wario Ware is a little crazy with it's humor, but it's fun. The turtle balancing stage is neat especially since you can harass the other turtles when you "die".

There are also Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Zelda 4 Swords Adventure but you need GBAs for them.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I suggest (in this order)
Alien Hominid (2-Player with 4-Player Mini-Game)
Wario Ware Inc. Mega Party Games (4-Player)
Mario Party 4 (4-Player)
X-Men Legends (4-Player)
007 Nightfire (4-Player)
007 Agent Under Fire (4-Player)[/quote]

Agent under fire?

I would say Everything or Nothing.... or Timespliters 2

PSO Online Ep 1&2 is a fairly good game in offline multiplayer. It really reminds me of a 3D Diablo 2. Sometimes with 4 players though, you will experience some lag. 2 Players is fine though. You can play through the game in single player mode as well and develop your character, and then later join up again with your friends in multimode as much as you want.

If you like RPG style games, grab this one.

Other Adventure//RPG 4 Player games you may want to check it especially if you have GBA's and GBA to GCN Connections, is Zelda 4 Swords Adventure and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

I've heard nothing but good things about Zelda:4SA in multiplayer mode. But sorry, Single Player is supposed to be a bust.

FF:CC can be a decent play with 3 other friends as well. I don't remember how good the single player was in this game.

If you have a GBA, you may also be able to find Pac-Man Vs. on the cheap, which has no single player but great multiplayer.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']My God is that pic in your sig annoying. I feel like I'm epileptic when I'm looking at it. Anyway you could tone it down a bit?[/quote]

Firefox web browser if your friend. Right Click - Block Image

Sorry, and right now I have......

Tony Hawk Underground
Wario Ware
Mario Kart DD
Super Smash Bros Melee (OF COURSE :))
Resident Evil 4 (just naming for the heck of it)
Metal Arms Glitch in the System

....ya i know I have a weak library, and sorry hiccupleftovers, I have no idea how to change the pic :(.

Freedom Fighters is a decent choice, that was mentioned earlier. I think you can get it pretty cheap probably too

also.. Madden.. (they do make madden for GC do they?).. or at least one sports title.. and also Xmen legends is a great pick up because multiplayers can come in and out of it.. it makes a great community game..

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']hunter the reckoning isn't so bad, niether is ultimate muscle[/quote]

Yaeh, Ultimate Muscle is awesome. I loved playing it when I rented it. Not too bad on the single player experience, but it does got a little linear, and the multiplayer is pretty good also.

[quote name='FFMooglestar'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']My God is that pic in your sig annoying. I feel like I'm epileptic when I'm looking at it. Anyway you could tone it down a bit?[/quote]

Firefox web browser if your friend. Right Click - Block Image[/quote]

You learn something every day. I hadn't known that about Firefox browser. I'm starting to love this browser more and more every day. :D

Some of the gamecube games aren't as fun in single player mode as it would be in multi (final fantasy, x-men, etc)

bread's done
Back