GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a bunch of mario karts after reading the stories here. yep, all broken. The discs look nice on the bottom, but they don't read. some have circle scratches on top.

why are they even selling these

[quote name='Seraphinianus']I ordered a bunch of mario karts after reading the stories here. yep, all broken. The discs look nice on the bottom, but they don't read. some have circle scratches on top.

why are they even selling these[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I bought 6 on 6 different days and none of them work. I'm returning a couple more to gs tonight hopefully. I noticed the amazon tiv went from $13 to $5. Hmm I wonder why?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't know. I bought 6 on 6 different days and none of them work. I'm returning a couple more to gs tonight hopefully. I noticed the amazon tiv went from $13 to $5. Hmm I wonder why?[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of GS employees are getting the message... I went to return a used copy of Shadow Hearts From the New World (PS2 game, but I bought online) that was clearly refurbished but had a crack in it. As soon as heard I wanted to "return a defective game I bought online", he shook his head and said "fucking Gamestop refurb center" out loud.:lol: He didn't even bother opening the case to check...

He then pulled out shoebox-sized bin full of destroyed discs, all of which were GC games as far as I could tell, that were returned to all GSes in the area and get collected but this store. Apparently, they don't know what to do with them. They started to throw them out but dumpster divers were taking the games and trading them into the local mom & pop store in the same strip mall. The mom & pop store only checks the physical condition of the disc as they don't have time to test them all. Needless to say, they complained to GS since they were losing a ton of money on these games.

Not even sure if anyone would want to bite on it (I learned my lesson after the single game I bought didn't work), but Gamestop just put up at least 10 copies each of Double Dash and SSBM.

I think I'm actually doing a disservice by posting this, but someone could get lucky and get one that actually works. Or the off chance you get an official Gamecube case that you can swap in a generic one with (which came with the TP I ordered) before returning it.

[quote name='AionTelos']Thanks Billy!
Grabbed two double dashes, so far I'm 2 of 2 for not working, hopefully I'll get one :([/QUOTE]

if I was a betting man I'd say these are all but certainly broken returns.

But if I was a gambling man I'd probably buy them anyway:roll:

My local Gamestop in Sterling, VA (the new one, not the one in the mall) had some sports games and no first party games.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']EPIC THREAD REVIVAL\\:D/

But seriously, anyone still buying these is just asking to be disappointed:cry:[/QUOTE]

I got all my games in store.

[quote name='The Punisher']I got all my games in store.[/QUOTE]

the only nearby store still selling gamecube games gutted the games, most of which where worth less than the value of the case alone so they are now pretty much worthless

I found Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Time splitters Future Perfect at a local Gamestop. I had no idea Time splitters was worth so much. Thought it was like a $10 game. Great series :)

[quote name='The Punisher']Is it full price or they still running 75% off?[/QUOTE]

They don't seem to be discounted as far as I can tell?

[quote name='amusedtoe']They don't seem to be discounted as far as I can tell?[/QUOTE]

It takes 75% off when you add them to your cart.

Got all excited over a couple things... then realized there were only about 12 games that were actually available and not a thing worthwhile.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5, Pokemon XD, Pokemon Colosseum, Pikmin 2 are in stock[/QUOTE]

Sunshine and Pikmin 2 were the only ones on that list available when I looked and its just Pikmin 2 now.

Pikmin 2 is letting me add 10. So VERY good chance, now to decide, order multiple, or only order 1... better chance for a working copy, dare I dream, a ORIGIONAL CASED copy...

[quote name='KemperJones']In for a Pikmin 2, but have a feeling it won't work when it arrives. Ah well, I took the plunge.[/QUOTE]

NVM apparently it decided to give me the middle finger as I was entering my card... HEY yeah we decided to let other people buy it as you were literally paying for it...
Didn't know that was ok, next time I'm at an ice cream store I will throw some money over the counter and take the ice cream from a 10 year old, see how well that goes over x.x
Note: Not actually going to take ice cream from a 10 year old.

[quote name='The Punisher']Is it full price or they still running 75% off?[/QUOTE]
I have talked to multiple GameStop employees and they have all said the 75% off sale will remain until they sell off all GC games.

I have been buying directly from the stores and have had no problems with them playing. So far I have gotten One Piece: Grand Adventure, One Piece: Grand Battle, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Ultimate Muscle The Kinnikuman Legacy: Legends vs. New Generation, Naruto: Clash of Ninja, Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2, and One Piece: Pirate Carnival.

[quote name='jimbofluffy']Is there a trick to get the GS website to show you the stock at a single store?[/QUOTE]

There is no full listing, you will have to pick a single title and look it up individually. Sometimes they don't have it in store even through it is listed in store on the site.

[quote name='Sky Ray']There is no full listing, you will have to pick a single title and look it up individually. Sometimes they don't have it in store even through it is listed in store on the site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, thats what I thought.

There are two GS's about 30 minutes away on the hi-way from me in opposite directions, so I would love to browse what each has before I decide which to go to.

I ordered a few games yesterday when I saw these pop up, mainly just rolling the dice to see if I get official cases. Ordered a few double disc games to see if I can get those as well. If all I get are generics, then so be it, I can always return them.

Why is Pikmin 2 such a draw???  I still have over 300 Gamecube games --- I know I will NEVER get any money for them -- so I've kept them...

Odd this isn't 75% off yet, but my guess they will activate that later on tonight / tomorrow, same thing they did a couple of months ago.

Out of the 5 games I ordered last time (nothing top tier though), all 5 of them worked, so I might bite on a few if they do include the discount later on.

Why is Pikmin 2 such a draw??? I still have over 300 Gamecube games --- I know I will NEVER get any money for them -- so I've kept them...
You would be surprised, a while ago when this deal first kicked off, GameCube game's seemingly shot up in price/value for some of them. If by ANY money, you mean "Money I think they are worth" then probably not. But they definitely have more value over the PS2 equivalent, and can actually fetch a very fair amount. Make a trade list, and if you really have 300 game cube game's I know of a lot of CAG's who are currently looking for them.

Why is Pikmin 2 such a draw??? I still have over 300 Gamecube games --- I know I will NEVER get any money for them -- so I've kept them...
I don't know why you'd say this since there are plenty of GC games that sell high. With over 300, I assume you have Eternal Darkness, Ikaruga, Super Smash Bros Melee, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, all of which sell for around $50 or higher. Check out this website to get an idea of how much people will buy your games for.

Although I should talk, I can't unload my sealed copy of Pikmin 2 for the $150 I want to sell it for...

Hmm, mostly junk. Kirby's Air Ride is available and would be a great flip with the 75% off (if it ever registers).

Use the in store pick up to check some old sports games (like NFL 2004)... any store that lists them in stock likely still has GS games. 

This late in that game I would just be trying to snag some official Gamecube cases. No way could there be any games worth picking up. 

Last time I was in there I picked up 6 or 7 copies of Madden just so I could have some legit cases to store my other games in. 

bread's done
Back