Gamecube High Definition Pack?

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Does Nintendo Gamecube have like a HDTV pack? Similar to Xbox or PS2 high-def cables? I want to hook up surround sound to my gamecube using the digital opt. port. I want to be playing Metroid2 and RE4 the best way possible.

if hdtv you mean component cables then yes. Get them through nintendos website for like 30. RE4 and MP2 will rule! I dont know if they will have progressive scan though...

Like Traken says, make sure your GCN has a seperate port for component cables, the newer sytems dont. I believe Nintendo will exchange you systems though.

[quote name='Trakan']Make sure your GCN supports them. Newer ones don't.[/quote]

newers ones dont support surround sound?why would nintendo make that change?

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='Trakan']Make sure your GCN supports them. Newer ones don't.[/quote]

newers ones dont support surround sound?why would nintendo make that change?[/quote]

Because, according to them, less than 1% of Gamcube owners were using the feature.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='Trakan']Make sure your GCN supports them. Newer ones don't.[/quote]

newers ones dont support surround sound?why would nintendo make that change?[/quote]

Because, according to them, less than 1% of Gamcube owners were using the feature.[/quote]

What the hell are you guys talking about? The GC still supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. It always has and it always will. However, the new GameCubes do not support the component cables. Surround sound =/= Component Video. How do video cables affect the sound quailty?

yeah, the audio is still supported, its just the component video, so newer models cant use the progressive scan feature on games.

so why do they have component cables available with the square-plug instead of 2 ended cmoponent? or did the gc ever have the component input?

[quote name='valor19'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='Trakan']Make sure your GCN supports them. Newer ones don't.[/quote]

Because, according to them, less than 1% of Gamcube owners were using the feature.[/quote]

What the hell are you guys talking about? The GC still supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. It always has and it always will. However, the new GameCubes do not support the component cables. Surround sound =/= Component Video. How do video cables affect the sound quailty?[/quote]

Oops, my mistake. I guess I misread the post that I was quoting. My response about it being less than 1% was actually about the high definition pack and component video. Nintendo says that less than 1% of Gamecube owners use it.

[quote name='s_eternal']so why do they have component cables available with the square-plug instead of 2 ended cmoponent? or did the gc ever have the component input?[/quote]

Gamecube never had component inputs, it has or had (depending on the gc model) component outputs, digital port. They didn't use the the 3 rca cable for component because, Nintendo has some kinda chip on the cable they sell. If you get a component cable for the gc and open it up there's some kinda chip that does something. I'm guessing that's why we don't see a third party component cable.

[quote name='2poor']how can you tell if your gamecube supports it?[/quote]

There will be an input on the left side of the normal video output cable, it looks similar to the regular video output only a bit bigger. Above it will say Digital AV Out.

LIKE The Earlier People have said, you have to make sure that there is a digital output on the back of your Gamecube console.

Now, About playing Gamecube with Component output ON YOUR PC MONITOR:
> you have to have a special connection that will hook up directly to your computer monitor...and it is very expensive ...the cheapest I've seen it is 45 dollars 2 years ago and now it is 50. here is the site:

http://www.aheadgames.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=410

I wanted to do this but never tried it due to the price. But it works for all games that support Progressive Scan HDTV.

If you don't own an HDTV , then this is the next best way to play the Gamecube using the Component Digital AV OUTPUT (a good way to play in High Definition, since most of us all own a PC Monitor!) :D

[quote name='valor19'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='Trakan']Make sure your GCN supports them. Newer ones don't.[/quote]

What the hell are you guys talking about? The GC still supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. It always has and it always will. However, the new GameCubes do not support the component cables. Surround sound =/= Component Video. How do video cables affect the sound quailty?[/quote]

Thank you... I was wondering what the hell people were talking about.

[quote name='levi333']Like Traken says, make sure your GCN has a seperate port for component cables, the newer sytems dont. I believe Nintendo will exchange you systems though.[/quote]
where can i do that?

bread's done
Back