Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

In total I got the following games.

Sonic riders (case)
Odama (case)
Super monkey ball 2
Naruto (case)
Madagascar
Puyo pop fever
Incredibles
Mario dance revolution
Fight night 2
Backyard baseball

[quote name='gatordeve86']got swingerz golf complete disc was mint not a single scratch and my gc wont read

what gives?[/QUOTE]

Are there any scratches/scrapes/hairline cracks in the very middle of the disc? Even a very slight one there can render it unreadable - I had it happen with a copy of Beyond Good & Evil that I picked up at a flea market a long time ago. Everything looked completely perfect except for a very, very small crack in the middle, which I didn't even notice until after I tried to play it.

Finally got my online orders in today, but of course only three (and half of RE0) of eight work, and of course they're the three I wanted the least. SSBM has chips in the top of the disc, and three others have that gunk in the spindle. Didn't somebody mention a way to remove that stuff a while back? I can't remember or find it now.

Also trying in-store transfers, but it's almost like pulling teeth. Apparently the first one never got shipped, and now I might be out a few games because of it. I don't even know about the others...probably going to have to call early when they open.

Has anybody had a situation where they called to confirm a store transfer happened, got told the games hadn't been sent out yet, then later found out that they not only had already gone out but they'd arrived at their GS?

I got some pretty beat up games (from in-store) and I'm VERY surprised they work. I'm using a Wii though, not a Gamecube, don't know if that makes a difference. The 3 very rough ones worked, I still have to try the other 3 better looking ones.

[quote name='abbabaab']Finally got my online orders in today, but of course only three (and half of RE0) of eight work, and of course they're the three I wanted the least. SSBM has chips in the top of the disc, and three others have that gunk in the spindle. Didn't somebody mention a way to remove that stuff a while back? I can't remember or find it now.

Also trying in-store transfers, but it's almost like pulling teeth. Apparently the first one never got shipped, and now I might be out a few games because of it. I don't even know about the others...probably going to have to call early when they open.

Has anybody had a situation where they called to confirm a store transfer happened, got told the games hadn't been sent out yet, then later found out that they not only had already gone out but they'd arrived at their GS?[/QUOTE]

which disc on zero i have a spare disc one im willing to trade. speaking of discs i need RE disc 1 for my bro

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']By any chance does anyone have any of Kirby Air Ride, Pokemon XD, and Geist to spare? Condition doesn't matter as long as it works.[/QUOTE]

A local Gamestop has a copy of Kirby Air Ride. I think it was about $3 or $4.

--
Managed to snag:
Wario World
NBA Street Vol. 3
Yu-Gi-Oh Falsebound Kingdom
Geist
Donkey Konga 2
Pacman Fever
Chibi Robo
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters
All for $16 at the only Gamestop with Gamecube games here. I was really hoping to snag some of the bigger games. What I would do for a copy of Smash Bros. Melee :(

[quote name='rawrker']You can try a play-n-trade but Gamecube games are hit and miss if they've already been refurbished before. If they have any pinholes, label side damage, or inner crackage, I'd just declare them dead. If it looks like its just scratched from normal use then they typically can be saved[/QUOTE]
I dunno man, they don't really look damaged at all. They just don't play. The system can't read one, and the other errors a second in. I guess I can take them in have have they try it in the machine. If it even gets one working it's worth the effort. Otherwise they're just coasters.

[quote name='abbabaab']Finally got my online orders in today, but of course only three (and half of RE0) of eight work, and of course they're the three I wanted the least. SSBM has chips in the top of the disc, and three others have that gunk in the spindle. Didn't somebody mention a way to remove that stuff a while back? I can't remember or find it now.

Has anybody had a situation where they called to confirm a store transfer happened, got told the games hadn't been sent out yet, then later found out that they not only had already gone out but they'd arrived at their GS?[/QUOTE]

They may tell u that they were doing the transfer, but most likely they forgot to do it. They say it and they have to find a box to put it in. The store manager said that to me on Monday, follow up today and another employee said they still have it and havent done it yet. Do they ship ups on weekends?

[quote name='ryosnk']In total I got the following games.

Sonic riders (case)
Odama (case)
Super monkey ball 2
Naruto (case)
Madagascar
Puyo pop fever
Incredibles
Mario dance revolution
Fight night 2
Backyard baseball[/QUOTE]

Fight night round 2 comes with snes super punch out.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for art covers, then check out the artcoverproject.net website.

[quote name='cero5']which disc on zero i have a spare disc one im willing to trade.[/QUOTE]

Disc 1 didn't work at all. Disc 2 booted up to the disc swap screen, but I couldn't go any farther since I don't have a Disc 2 save so I don't know if it'd keep going.

Besides, all I have to trade right now is a disc-only SSBM that's working despite that gunk in the spindle, and I'm not trading it for a missing disc that might end up useless anyway.

Just managed to find a copy of legend of Zelda twilight princess for 6.75 so I'm real happy about that. I wish I could find the last couple of RPGs I want, buy ill take this deal. Anyone have one of the mics I could buy off them so I can try Odama?

Jesus Christ! I hit the motherload

I talked to my gamestop and they said they had more gamecube games in the back

And so I got

Windwaker
Luigi's mansion
Sunshine
Resident evil 4
Pikmin 1+2
zelda master quest
Paper mario ttyd
A jiraichi pokemon colliseum bonus disc
2 gamecube controlls
6 memory cards
And a gamecube portable tv

all for $45

If anyone received a disc only Twilight Princess I do have an extra cover/case (but no manual).

Had to return Custom Robo because the Gamecube and Wii couldn't read it. The disc have very little scratching and yet it wouldn't work. I guess I must have found a resurfaced disc or something.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Had to return Custom Robo because the Gamecube and Wii couldn't read it. The disc have very little scratching and yet it wouldn't work. I guess I must have found a resurfaced disc or something.[/QUOTE]

I must be lucky, whenever I've gotten a resurfaced one for any system, it's worked. With the exception of a couple ps1 games a long time ago.

I just got my shipments of 11 games. All disk only, all look like crap. I tried cleaning the grey goo off the four I really wanted just to discover the center ring was cracked in all four. Think I'm officially done with gamestop.com, and these will be going back to the store.

8 of my 12 got returned for not working, including Melee and Double Dash... Clerks claimed to "have no idea" how to refund the shipping...:roll:

I found 9 games and returned 8 of them back to the store because they were all crap and generic cases. I kept a disk only Legend of Zelda Orcana of Time & Master Quest. I should have picked up the harder to find titles a few years ago before the liquidation.

Looks like the re-stocks are done... I haven't seen anything good in days and only sports games are left. Man, I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more titles earlier, before this sale started...:whistle2:(

[quote name='stageman12']8 of my 12 got returned for not working, including Melee and Double Dash... Clerks claimed to "have no idea" how to refund the shipping...:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's because they don't refund shipping for returns, even if it's their fault.

But, I'm wondering why you paid for shipping? Did you use or know about SAVER? It gives you free shipping on orders over $25 (before discounts, so something like Twilight Princess would work because it's standard price is $29.99, even though the 75% takes it down to 7.49) for in stock items.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like the re-stocks are done... I haven't seen anything good in days and only sports games are left. Man, I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more titles earlier, before this sale started...:whistle2:(

That's because they don't refund shipping for returns, even if it's their fault.

But, I'm wondering why you paid for shipping? Did you use or know about SAVER? It gives you free shipping on orders over $25 (before discounts, so something like Twilight Princess would work because it's standard price is $29.99, even though the 75% takes it down to 7.49) for in stock items.[/QUOTE]

I feel their "guaranteed to play" statement should refund the shipping. Why should I be charged for them to send me games that don't meet their guarantee? I paid shipping because when I ordered Double Dash and Melee "saver" didn't work, and I didn't want to waste time looking for filler and losing them... Since they were $24.99 each, it should have worked, but that's my luck...

Just picked up
Tony hawk's underground
Dragonball Budokai 2
Custom Robo
Soul Calibur 2
Legend of Spyro(I don't remember the subtitle)
From another store all disc only I had pokemon Gale of darkness and mario party 7 but they were both defective

I hope people realize that a large chunk of the gamecube games that gamestop.com has (and it was a larger chunk before some stores starting shipping their stock back) got shipped back because they didn't work and were to be resurfaced... which gamestop is TERRIBLE at.

Gamecube games are very delicate to resurface anyway, but the terrible methods that gamestop uses usually kill the discs even worse.

i went to a gs a good bits away and i got a bunch of games...

when i got home i noticed one didnt ring up as 75% off so i look at the game and it has a PS2 barcode on the sleeve... anyone have this issue? did they have issue getting price adjusted? im not gonna waste my time if they are gonna tell me to F off

[quote name='tuffguycore']Just managed to find a copy of legend of Zelda twilight princess for 6.75 so I'm real happy about that. I wish I could find the last couple of RPGs I want, buy ill take this deal. Anyone have one of the mics I could buy off them so I can try Odama?[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy in May at a thift store for $2 and it's still sealed with the $15 Sears tag on it.

[quote name='stageman12']I feel their "guaranteed to play" statement should refund the shipping. Why should I be charged for them to send me games that don't meet their guarantee? I paid shipping because when I ordered Double Dash and Melee "saver" didn't work, and I didn't want to waste time looking for filler and losing them... Since they were $24.99 each, it should have worked, but that's my luck...[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wasn't trying to defend them (I agree they should give you the shipping back because it was their fault). I was just saying GS never gives back shipping.

Lol, just sold Gotcha Force within 5 minutes of posting it for $40 (resurfaced , disc only). Grabbed it from my local GS for $2.25. Not a bad flip....and yes, I have a mint CIB copy in my collection :)

[quote name='lude21']Lol, just sold Gotcha Force within 5 minutes of posting it for $40 (resurfaced , disc only). Grabbed it from my local GS for $2.25. Not a bad flip....and yes, I have a mint CIB copy in my collection :)[/QUOTE]

I just hope you tested it fully.

[quote name='lude21']Lol, just sold Gotcha Force within 5 minutes of posting it for $40 (resurfaced , disc only). Grabbed it from my local GS for $2.25. Not a bad flip....and yes, I have a mint CIB copy in my collection :)[/QUOTE]

You could of doubled your money on amazon

[quote name='likeme']You could of doubled your money on amazon[/QUOTE]

Your saying $80 for a disc only resurfaced copy? It looked like they were going for around $60-80 CIB and around 30-40 d.o.
I don't price things at top dollar prices anyway, I set reasonable prices so things sell (hopefully, lol) quick.

@ spamfree2 I tested it , and it loaded up fine and I played it for about 5 minutes with no problems. I fully disclosed that in my ad with no guarantees. I was surprised it sold that quick.

[quote name='lude21']Your saying $80 for a disc only resurfaced copy? It looked like they were going for around $60-80 CIB and around 30-40 d.o.
I don't price things at top dollar prices anyway, I set reasonable prices so things sell (hopefully, lol) quick.

@ spamfree2 I tested it , and it loaded up fine and I played it for about 5 minutes with no problems. I fully disclosed that in my ad with no guarantees. I was surprised it sold that quick.[/QUOTE]

That's what it's listed at on Amazon but no telling how long it'll take to sell. Plus, Amazon's fees are higher...

I was able to snag a complete copy for $45 a few months back... crazy how it's going for $40 as disc only.

[quote name='savagepastry']
Gamecube games are very delicate to resurface anyway, but the terrible methods that gamestop uses usually kill the discs even worse.[/QUOTE]

It's not worth resurfacing games...I have a pikmin 2 and mario strikers to prove it. bwahhahaaha :cry:

I have a water pick for teeth cleaning and it does wonders removing that residue in the center of reurb discs. Just dont turn it up to 10! I did that once a really crusty 360 disc and it actually forced water half way into the data section. To remove the left over water use some toilet paper to suck it out via capillary action. Stuff a bunch in the hole and watch it suck out.

Yay. Looked online last night and saw that a store roughly two hours away had Mario Kart showing in stock. Talked my wife into a road trip, reserved it and just picked it up. Oddly, it was the *only* GameCube game they had. Disc only, but I'll just swap out one of my other copies with a double-disc case. Yay! Now, I only need one more...

Someone I know gave me their GC games, lots of good stuff too.
MGS, MK DD, Tales, Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Eternal Darkness, Melee, Zoids, Sunshine and a few JP imports (Naruto, One piece and bleach)

edit: forgot RE 0, 1, 2, 3, f zero, and Loz OoT/Master quest.

[quote name='cagman2013']Someone I know gave me their GC games, lots of good stuff too.
MGS, MK DD, Tales, Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Eternal Darkness, Melee, Zoids, Sunshine and a few JP imports (Naruto, One piece and bleach)

edit: forgot RE 0, 1, 2, 3, f zero, and Loz OoT/Master quest.[/QUOTE]

Awesome show us a pic

took about 30 games back today for a whopping $27 refund lol

he was like "sooooo... you just dont like them?" after i told him none of them worked

gave up on gamestop but picked up Pokemon Colosseum, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Resident Evil Zero, and a spare gamecube for $20 off craigslist

Found that the availabilty for pickup@store is useless today.
Collierville Crossin
305 New Byhalia Rd
Ste 104
Collierville, TN 38017
For Smash Brothers Melee and Mario Golf namely. Guess 'all of those were sent to other stores' meant I should have asked for fkstick's Ebay account name.

Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'. Are you people that fucking stupid? Yet again Gamestop backs up my theory that they will take Madden 1978 with a bite taken out of it for some random trade in value.

[quote name='UncleBob']Yay. Looked online last night and saw that a store roughly two hours away had Mario Kart showing in stock. Talked my wife into a road trip, reserved it and just picked it up. Oddly, it was the *only* GameCube game they had. Disc only, but I'll just swap out one of my other copies with a double-disc case. Yay! Now, I only need one more...[/QUOTE]

Wow.. my wife would be like.. "You wasted 4 hrs of my life for that???" I'd be out in the dog house for sure.

[quote name='spamfree2']Wow.. my wife would be like.. "You wasted 4 hrs of my life for that???" I'd be out in the dog house for sure.[/QUOTE]

lol. My wife's awesome though. Plus, she had a day off and didn't want to just stay home. So, we road trip'd, went out of town, had a nice meal, she got some clothes at the mall. Worked out for everyone. :D

bread's done
Back