Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Smash Bros is OOS but Mario Kart is still available![/QUOTE]

OOS now... tryed to add one more game to get saver and one by one vanish from cart...

[quote name='cero5']I bought 2 copies of melee and got mario kart[/QUOTE]

and you need two copy's why? DX this is why I cant have nice things...

[quote name='Hemi']and you need two copy's why? DX this is why I cant have nice things...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, if he's/she's lucky, only one of them would actually boot up to the menu screen.

[quote name='Hemi']and you need two copy's why? DX this is why I cant have nice things...[/QUOTE]

LOL well smash bros is the greatest game ever to me.
i already have a copy from nintendo they gave me melee for free when my wii broke down with brawl in it.
Cant have enough smash.

SSBM and Sunshine disappeared as I was checking out, but my order went through for Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, Mario Kart and MVP Baseball 2005 for $17 shipped.

Not sure I should've bought any of those. Only want Paper Mario to finish off my modest GC collection, but games get a whole lot more tempting when they're under $5.

[quote name='cero5']LOL well smash bros is the greatest game ever to me.
i already have a copy from nintendo they gave me melee for free when my wii broke down with brawl in it.
Cant have enough smash.[/QUOTE]
*rabble* *rabble* More upset I missed the mario kart.

[quote name='Snowglare']SSBM and Sunshine disappeared as I was checking out, but my order went through for Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, Mario Kart and MVP Baseball 2005 for $17 shipped.

Not sure I should've bought any of those. Only want Paper Mario to finish off my modest GC collection, but games get a whole lot more tempting when they're under $5.[/QUOTE]

I've wanted the gc paper mario since the origional on the n64 omg that was good, but I cant find it ANYWHERE!!!

I should've bought it years ago, but it's always just a bit more than I want to spend. Hasn't gotten any easier to find for cheap.

Yeah... to think I took for granted those huge bins with gamecube games in em... curse you nostalgia, making me crave gc games...

[quote name='cero5']LOL well smash bros is the greatest game ever to me.
Cant have enough smash.[/QUOTE]

you still dont need two Melees. a new smash is on the way this year. they already announced a new 3DS pokemon. Smash for the WiiU isnt too far off. Let people have one too. you dont need two. Part of me thinks you will go and sell it on ebay.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']you still dont need two Melees. a new smash is on the way this year. they already announced a new 3DS pokemon. Smash for the WiiU isnt too far off. Let people have one too. you dont need two. Part of me thinks you will go and sell it on ebay.[/QUOTE]
for the price who wouldnt buy more? it also helps that i attend local tourneys so if they need a back up disc its right there

[quote name='Snowglare']I should've bought it years ago, but it's always just a bit more than I want to spend. Hasn't gotten any easier to find for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City was a great place to pick up new gamecube games on clearance, as well as ps2 and original xbox. Wish I had picked up more before they went out of business.

Last time I ordered 8 games online, none of them came complete so the deal is good for those who care only about the discs.

So I hit a few Gamestops yesterday and the one with the best selection has sent their GameCube games out. They said every GameStop district is picking 1 or 2 larger higher traffic stores to make consolidation stores. So now the smaller stores are shipping their GameCube games to those consolidation stores. This is good if you're near a consolidation store, but bad if your store is the one sending it all out. They're also doing the same for Older LE.

Saw 3 Gamestops in my area each had certain games I wanted, hit up 1 got all the games I had planned to get from their store, went to the 2nd and I was told they didn't have any to try "shopping on their dot com" (lol) then the 3rd said they shipped them out no less than a month ago. Basically, the last game I wanted was MK DD :/ I can never catch a break with that game.. sadface

[quote name='Hemi']I've wanted the gc paper mario since the origional on the n64 omg that was good, but I cant find it ANYWHERE!!![/QUOTE]

Paper Mario TTYD for the Gamecube is probably one of the greatest games ever. I am not exaggerating. I would consider this one of the top 5 games to play before you die.

BTW, thanks OP for the heads up on this thread. Ordered 6 games online just now for $14.82 total. Going to try to hit up my local store at lunch and see if anything is there. Great time to pick up some games we've all missed.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Paper Mario TTYD for the Gamecube is probably one of the greatest games ever. I am not exaggerating.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

I have one last store to hit up today, but so far I've gotten most of what I was missing except Resident Evil 4 and Luigi's Mansion.

I am a little confused as to where all the cover arts/manuals have gone for these games. Almost everything is case only.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Seconded.

I have one last store to hit up today, but so far I've gotten most of what I was missing except Resident Evil 4 and Luigi's Mansion.

I am a little confused as to where all the cover arts/manuals have gone for these games. Almost everything is case only.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. One store I went to must have had 300 games and ONE had its original cover art/manual (and the outside of the case was covered in what appeared to be dried puke.) The rest were Gamestop cases except one that has a black and white printed copy of the cover art.

Been doing a few in store pickup reservations.

Have Eternal Darkness waiting for me at a store right by my house and a GBA Player at a store about 30 minutes away. Hope they hold these things like they are supposed to.

I so F'n hate Gamestop. Everytime I have tried to place an online order with them since BF 2011, I get a message and the order won't complete. I get to the last page with and when I click "Submit Order", I get a billing information error.

I have tried multiple different cards over the past year, some with different family names and every possible variation of my address. It's a simple house number and street in a city, nothing funky or complicated. I can only assume it's somehow screwed up with my PUR account.

This makes no sense as my information has not changed. I have been at the same address for 10 years and I used the same exact card at Gamestop.com just a couple of days prior to complete an online order when this began in 2011 (Borderlands GOTY Ed. for $19.99).

I have emailed them and called a few times and they always tell me their accounting department has been alerted automatically and will fix the issue within a couple of days. They are not even able to place a phone order for me.

Here is the exact message:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

If anyone has ANY ideas, please, suggest via forum or PM. Really want to get in on this GameCube deal for the kids games.

Thanks.

Must they do restocks in the middle of the night?? Ugh... again I would be willing to buy:

Mario party 6 or 7
Eternal Darkness
Luigi's mansion

from anyone who scored it.

I hit up all Gamestops within 20 miles of me, including their "consolidation store". Even the fucking consolidation store only had maybe a dozen titles, all crappy, and none in box anyway. I asked if they had more and they said they've shipped them back to corporate and are just collecting the leftovers from the surrounding stores.

Sad I missed out on this :(

Just got the last copies of both Luigi's Mansion and Mario Party 7 in the state of Ohio. Both here in Columbus. I did a call ahead reservation for Luigi's Mansion and when I got there he told me he had the last copy of Mario Party 7 around, so I got that too. Both titles for $9.34. Both in generic Gamecube cases.

Also went to another store and picked up Star Fox Adventures for $1.74 after looking up some game play videos and reviews.

So my final haul from four different GameStop stores in the Columbus area over the past three days is:

Luigi's Mansion - $3.75
Pikmin 2 - $10.00
Mario Party 7 - $5.00
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - $2.00
Super Monkey Ball - $1.50
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - $2.50
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - $1.57
Star Fox Adventures - $1.74
Call of Duty: Big Red One - $3.37
Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 2 - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 3 - $2.50

Total - $36.43

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Been doing a few in store pickup reservations.

Have Eternal Darkness waiting for me at a store right by my house and a GBA Player at a store about 30 minutes away. Hope they hold these things like they are supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Also hunting a copy of Eternal Darkness. Probably one of my top 5 games of all time, can't believe it only sold 400k

Hit up 1 GS in my area (3 more to visit today) They only had about a dozen or so games. Picked up
Final Fantasy CC
Monopoly Party
Marvel Nemesis: ROTI
Naruto CotN
Hopefully the other stores in the area have what i'm looking for.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Paper Mario TTYD for the Gamecube is probably one of the greatest games ever. I am not exaggerating. I would consider this one of the top 5 games to play before you die.

BTW, thanks OP for the heads up on this thread. Ordered 6 games online just now for $14.82 total. Going to try to hit up my local store at lunch and see if anything is there. Great time to pick up some games we've all missed.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I have a factory sealed Paper Mario TTYD. It looks like this thing is valuable online. fuck I don't want to sell it if it's that much fun. But in a way I don't want to unwrap it because it's worth so much. It's a game hoarder paradox. Anyway, it still has the $9.98 Target clearance sticker on it too. :drool: Why didn't I buy more than 1?

Thanks OP and everyone who contributed. I ended up spending $120 today on Gamecube games and a couple guides at 2 gamestops. One gamestop was the freaking motherload. Only a few of the games I bought were missing cases/manuals. I only had to put back 2 games for being too scratched.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow, I have a factory sealed Paper Mario TTYD. It looks like this thing is valuable online. fuck I don't want to sell it if it's that much fun. But in a way I don't want to unwrap it because it's worth so much. It's a game hoarder paradox. Anyway, it still has the $9.98 Target clearance sticker on it too. :drool: Why didn't I buy more than 1?

Thanks OP and everyone who contributed. I ended up spending $120 today on Gamecube games and a couple guides at 2 gamestops. One gamestop was the freaking motherload. Only a few of the games I bought were missing cases/manuals. I only had to put back 2 games for being too scratched.[/QUOTE]

Which GameStop?

Took a stab at another Gamestop today and struck gold... well, better than what I intended to find anyway. Usually, I'm an elitist bastard who refuses to buy games without the original case and manual, but I'll make an exception for this sale just once.

Today's haul:

Metroid Prime 2 (already picked one up the other day, but this one's in better condition)
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Go! Go! Hypergrind
From Russia With Love
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Metal Arms: Glitch In The System w/ box
Extreme G3
1080 Avalanche - CIB
Resident Evil Zero - CIB
Geist - CIB
Need For Speed Carbon - CIB
Wave Race: Blue Storm (...in a Hollywood video case, lol)
Need For Speed Underground - CIB
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Amazing Island
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike
Need For Speed Underground 2
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Burnout
SSX Tricky
007 Nightfire
Super Monkey Ball 2
Sonic Riders
Star Fox Assault (was supposed to be Sonic Heroes, but arguably I got a better deal?)

So uh, yeah... about 1.5k games, if not more in my library (I stopped updating my CAG collection about a year, if not longer ago), and jeebus only know how many of them I've actually played... and now this. What the fuck is wrong with me?

... Yeah yeah, I know; I'm a CAG (probably qualify as a hoarder too). D:!

One suggestion is to try these games in the Gamecube and Wii. I had one that worked on the Gamecube but refused to work on the Wii ( reading issues). It seems the Gamecube can read scratched Gamecube games better.

Any suggestions on removing the resurfacing hazy paste that is on some of these?

My pickups: Most were disk only. That's cool since I am going to be playing them. I only primarily looking for GC exclusives.

Kirby Air Ride
Billy Hatcher
Custom Robo
Final Fantasy CC
DDR Mario Mix
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Mario Superstar Baseball

Saw but didn't bite on: Metroid Prime 1 / 2 . Already had those.
Missed out on Mario Sunshine since someone put a hold on it :bomb:

I told a friend of mine to hit up the GS where I got my gamecube games, but the clerk told him they haven't had gamecube in a while, which is bs. I was there yesterday and they had a decent selection, even after I made my purchase.

Damn, can't believe I slept on this sale for this long. Most of anything noteworthy online is OOS of course, that is, except for kids games.

Got 14 games for my 3 year old for $17.68 shipped, but then I noticed they added $6.02 (!!!!) tax. So $23.70 in all, don't know why the eff tax was so high. They shouldn't apply tax pre-discounts, should they? Pretty sweet deal, considering I have 2 sealed Gamecubes I got on clearance for $25.00 apiece a couple years ago. Guess he is getting one in his room now, lol.

Anyway, the 75% off, cag16, saver, and for some reason a EDGE 10% discount (I haven't been a member in years) worked beautifully together.

Total haul:

Spider-Man 2
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Sponge Bob Squarepants: The Movie
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature From the Krusty Krab
Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights
The Incredibles
Madagascar
Finding Nemo
Spider-man
Over the Hedge
Disneys Meet the Robinsons
Robots
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Yeah, he will probably have to wait a couple years for this one)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 (This one too)

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, guys, just wish I was paying more attention a couple days ago (was swept up in PC DD deals lol).

So I went to the Game Stop a couple blocks from my house. They had a small selection of games behind the counter in a drawer. I grabbed:

Resident Evil Zero (just discs)
Resident Evil 4 (complete in excellent condition)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (complete)
Need for Speed: Underground 2 (complete; box says new)
1080 Avalanche (complete)
Star Wars: Clone Wars (no manual)
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy (complete)
Star Fox Adventures (no manual)
SoulCalibur II (complete)
Batman: Vengeance (no manual)
WWE Day of Reckoning (no manual)

I also went to another local Game Stop. The clerk told me that they have 220 Game Cube games in the back. He printed me out a list, but none of them had their original cases. One of the other clerks said that they threw away all of the cases because they didn't have the room for them. But, they all are in generic cases... Only thing I purchased was Mario Kart. The employees in both stores had no idea about the sale and were completely shocked. There is another Game Stop about a block away from this one, but I didn't even bother to check in there. They probably sent all of their games to the other store since it's bigger.

Damn no Gamestop within a 30Mile radius that carries Gamecube Games. Bought some online only games. They overcharged me on tax ($2.XX, $15 is like $1 tax) and shipping had to cost money.
I'm lucky for Mario, Luigi and super smash bros games.

I really want Mario sunshine

[quote name='spamfree2']
Any suggestions on removing the resurfacing hazy paste that is on some of these?
[/QUOTE]

Wash them with cool water and plain hand soap (not dish washing soap, or laundry soap, or any other soap). Just rinse them thoroughly under water (don't use your hands to rub), gently apply soap (now you rub), rinse off and towel dry (wipe in straight lines!). Make sure you use the plainest hand soap you have... don't use those ones with the little beads or worse, anything that has any find grains in them to help remove tough grease or dirt (like Goop).

Yes, this is safe. It's a great way to clear the disc and artwork side. What's not safe is sticking wet discs into electronics... so you might wanna wait a day or so to help any extra water in nooks dry off.

[quote name='Vinny']Wash them with cool water and plain hand soap (not dish washing soap, or laundry soap, or any other soap). Just rinse them thoroughly under water (don't use your hands to rub), gently apply soap (now you rub), rinse off and towel dry (wipe in straight lines!). Make sure you use the plainest hand soap you have... don't use those ones with the little beads or worse, anything that has any find grains in them to help remove tough grease or dirt (like Goop).

Yes, this is safe. It's a great way to clear the disc and artwork side. What's not safe is sticking wet discs into electronics... so you might wanna wait a day or so to help any extra water in nooks dry off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.. I'll give it a whirl.. I was going to boil them ;)

After hearing about this clearance event, I REALLY wanted to track down Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance since I never got around to it during the Gamecube era.

Since Gamestops will transfer games between locations (at no cost!), I had one transferred from another store and it arrived at my location today. I was told that the game I found was disc only (which for $6.XX isn't bad at all).

However, I was VERY happy when I picked up my game to find that it was CIB. With tax, it came out to $6.68 for a CIB Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance with fantastic disc quality (no scratches or damage).

Thank you Gamestop!

Got my shipment in today...all generic cases and resurfaced disks. Only one game had the case, but it was Players Choice. I'll probably just return them all back to the store by me that sells Gamecube games and put the money on a preorder. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Went to a store today that had just received in a massive shipment of GC games, they had literally 800 or more GC games. Spent an hour picking out every single game of any quality, note, or value, and after inspecting each for condition (sooooo many were scratched to hell and back, as if they had been used to buff floors), ended up getting about 50 or so games, mostly first party Nintendo, Sega/Sonic games, and a bunch of the LucasArts Star Wars games. Most were in the yellow disc only sleeves, but quite a few gems were CiB.

I'm glad I actually looked very carefully, as there was an NCAA 2K3 College Basketball mistakenly put in a sleeve with an College Football sticker. Given the rarity of it, that was a very pleasant score for some pocket change.

My receipt is about 5 feet long.

Pretty good haul from a GS like 45 mins away.

Ultimate Spider Man
Sonic Mega Collection
NBA Street Volume 3
WWE Day of Reckoning
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
Tony Hawk Underground 2
Timesplitters 2
Odama + Mic
1080 Avalanche
SSX 3
NHL 06
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble

All complete in box and none were players choice. $22.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Just got the last copies of both Luigi's Mansion and Mario Party 7 in the state of Ohio. Both here in Columbus. I did a call ahead reservation for Luigi's Mansion and when I got there he told me he had the last copy of Mario Party 7 around, so I got that too. Both titles for $9.34. Both in generic Gamecube cases.

So my final haul from four different GameStop stores in the Columbus area over the past three days is:

Luigi's Mansion - $3.75
Pikmin 2 - $10.00
Mario Party 7 - $5.00
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - $2.00
Super Monkey Ball - $1.50
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - $2.50
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - $1.57
Call of Duty: Big Red One - $3.37
Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 2 - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 3 - $2.50

Total - $34.69[/QUOTE]

I guess they sent the good stuff to Columbus...

All the stores I went to around Cleveland had nothing. Meanwhile my friends back in Jersey be getting great hauls from various stores within 5 miles of his house...

Got a bunch of games today at my store, asked them to print a list and they had games not listed there as well So you should check to see as well.

bread's done
Back