Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='slainviper']It works if your total is $25 before discount. That's probably what happened before.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely what happened. Added two more games to my cart and the code worked... and its still cheaper than if I had just gotten the two with shipping!

Hit up a couple Gamestop stores this last weekend:

Peoria, IL: Found Puyo Pop Fever and Gotcha Force. Paid $4-something for them. They had just a small container of sleeve only GC games. Most were sports games. The only game I left that I was even slightly interested in was NBA Street Vol. 2. The only GC accessories I saw were $0.99 Mario Party 8 microphones. I think they had three of them.

Bloomington, IL: They have no GC games at either store. I was told all the games they had at the mall store got moved to the strip mall store...which then shipped them to Pekin, IL. The girl working mentioned they were 95% sports games, and, likely everything was cherry picked from employees before they were sent to Pekin.

[quote name='Rig']Hit up a couple Gamestop stores this last weekend:

Peoria, IL: Found Puyo Pop Fever and Gotcha Force. Paid $4-something for them. They had just a small container of sleeve only GC games. Most were sports games. The only game I left that I was even slightly interested in was NBA Street Vol. 2. The only GC accessories I saw were $0.99 Mario Party 8 microphones. I think they had three of them.[/QUOTE]

You got Gotcha Force? Nice one! Really rare/expensive, been looking for it forever but screw paying $60+ online.

[quote name='Hammer.exe']You got Gotcha Force? Nice one! Really rare/expensive, been looking for it forever but screw paying $60+ online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I lucked out and found two Gotcha Forces on the first day of this sale at my local store. One of them didn't work though so... that kinda sucked.

[quote name='MrBonk']Are you serious? How can they sell you shit that doesn't work..aren't they supposed to test that shit?[/QUOTE]

Lol.. Are you serious?

[quote name='blcklblskt']I received 8 of my games today, and only half of them actually work. :(. I can return these in store, correct?[/QUOTE]

The other half will have read errors when your like in the middle of the game.

Of my 65 or so games. Had to return 21 because they didnt work / looked so bad I think they would stop working half way through game.

Just went to store and got my money back pretty easily.

Curious though, one of my orders was only one game. That one game doesn't work. Any chance Id get a full refund including shipping on that order?

So I tested my first orders.

2 discs were physically damaged and not worth testing.
6 games were defective.
3 worked.

So basically, 3 out of 11 games worked. Unbelievable.

My 3rd and 4th orders shipped, but I don't know if I'll even bother testing those.

[quote name='spamfree2']Lol.. Are you serious?

The other half will have read errors when your like in the middle of the game.[/QUOTE]
Well it's gamestop. So no.:roll:

For anybody still willing to take the chance, a few games are back in stock online, including RE0 if you missed it earlier nvm gone already.

Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Resident Evil Zero is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Damn it.

I know it has been spoken about countless times but what was the deal with the tax again? On my order it is way off...I know plenty of people reported that on here...but Im not sure if we all came to a consensus. Ive heard the right amount of tax shows up on your CC bill?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I know it has been spoken about countless times but what was the deal with the tax again? On my order it is way off...I know plenty of people reported that on here...but Im not sure if we all came to a consensus. Ive heard the right amount of tax shows up on your CC bill?[/QUOTE]

The order confirmation has the tax listed pre-discount, but when it actually charges you and gets shipped out it'll fix itself to the post-discount amount.

[quote name='MrBonk']Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Resident Evil Zero is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Damn it.
[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss out. Its a 2-disc game. That means 50% chance of one of the discs not working, and a 75% chance of them sending you only one of the discs.

[quote name='Artrigis']Of my 65 or so games. Had to return 21 because they didnt work / looked so bad I think they would stop working half way through game.

Just went to store and got my money back pretty easily.

Curious though, one of my orders was only one game. That one game doesn't work. Any chance Id get a full refund including shipping on that order?[/QUOTE]

If you return the order to or call the warehouse they usually do not refund shipping. In store, it just depends on the employee. Usually they are good about giving the shipping refund in-store too, but I've run into a few that just say they aren't able to do so.

I waited too long........as usual :D

I can live without Star Fox Adventures FF Crystal Chronicles, and a replay of The Two Towers........

I missed so many game the last 2 gens when I was a kid with no money.

[quote name='Lparsons7641']I waited too long........as usual :D

I can live without Star Fox Adventures FF Crystal Chronicles, and a replay of The Two Towers........

I missed so many game the last 2 gens when I was a kid with no money.[/QUOTE]

I know. Now I'm an adult with no money lol. I refuse to pay eBay prices for the games I want.

I had to return around 15 games today that didn't work properly.

Ten gave an error and the other five would skip and freeze at spots.

The good thing is they were not the ones I really wanted from the sale. One was an extra copy of Wave Race Blue Storm.

Finally caught a restock in time. Two games were removed from my cart by the time I got through checkout, but I netted a dozen, including Mario Kart.

[quote name='spamfree2']I am wondering if these are the rejects that are being sent back to corporate and being grinded down and put on the website.[/QUOTE]

yeah they probably are.

[quote name='username123']Finally caught a restock in time. Two games were removed from my cart by the time I got through checkout, but I netted a dozen, including Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]

Now just hope that some of them actually work.

I think GS's resurfacing machines are doing more harm them good...

the stores i try to call say they dont carry anymore GC or that it was sent to another store.

I think the ones online is being resurfaced unless anyone knows if gamestop stores are transferring leftovers to the warehouse.

Looks like a bunch of random shovelware was added in the last few minutes. I spied Mario Party 5 and Animal Crossing in the midst of them, though, and got really excited - until they wouldn't add to my cart.

...hate you, Gamestop.

I wonder what Gamestop does with the returned games that have already been resurfaced. Are they dumb enough to try to resurface them again and sell more defective crap to customers or do they trash them?

[quote name='rawrker']You didn't miss out. Its a 2-disc game. That means 50% chance of one of the discs not working, and a 75% chance of them sending you only one of the discs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know. But for the price it would have been worth it to take a chance.

I ordered about 20 games from this deal and all of them were gutted and even the gutted cases were in bad shape. Some of the two disk games only had one disk. I'm just gonna take them back to the store for a refund. I thought I'd take a chance and see if I would get some good condition games but they were ALL in bad shape not one was complete.

Ggggrrrr.....

Saw Melee and Sunshine available to order. Wouldnt get in my cart though.

Such a bummer.

Sucks cause I know there are those die hard flippers watching shit. I have no chance. :(

[quote name='MrBonk']Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

Currently Resident Evil Zero is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Damn it.[/QUOTE]

One of the few desireable games I actually picked up at my store! generic case but I DONT CARE!

Did anyone get complete and minty games with their online orders? I got all resurfaced disks and generic cases so I returned all them to the store for credit towards preorders.

I'm mainly looking for some of the common not so expensive exclusives like both Harvest Moons, Beyond Good & Evil, Wario Ware Inc Mega Party, Sonic Mega Collection, Soinc Gems Collection, and Sonic DX Directors Cut. I've got most of the high end exclusive games already but Skies of Arcadia Legends. Anyone have any complete minty copies they wanna sell? Preferably original, not the Players Choice ones.

Im worried reading all these bad things about the online orders... i ordered a bunch of games like a week ago that will be arriving today.

My order arrived today. Two of four games came in their original cases. Yay! They're the only ones that work! Got generic cases for Double Dash and Mario Baseball. The latter gives me disc errors, while the former is not recognized as a disc. Perhaps my GC thinks I am trying to make it play a bagel, or a tiny, deflated innertube. It seems placing one of those inside would get me closer to playing Mario Kart.

At least Mario Golf and MVP 2005 work. Played a full game of each with no problems. MVP even has the instruction booklet. Pretty good for 50 cents.

[quote name='MrBonk']Yeah. They are gone the EXACT second they go up.[/QUOTE]
I'd assume the big ticket games are being camped by a bot.

[quote name='Rozz']I wonder what Gamestop does with the returned games that have already been resurfaced. Are they dumb enough to try to resurface them again and sell more defective crap to customers or do they trash them?[/QUOTE]

As sad as it is, yes they do resurface them again for sale :whistle2:#

I've pretty much given up. I'm taking my non-working batch in tomorrow. I caved and purchased some of these titles on Ebay. Non-first party titles that is. You pay a little more but your probably going to get a complete non-resurfaced game.

[quote name='cero5']Im worried reading all these bad things about the online orders... i ordered a bunch of games like a week ago that will be arriving today.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I placed two separate orders so almost $7 shipping. I am getting pretty discouraged reading what I see here. Worst case scenario is every game is garbage and I eat shipping + gas to go to store to return them. I got one package scheduled for delivery today.

That's what I did. I bought two of each game (8 different titles) in hopes to get atleast a good disk and a complete one. It didn't turn out that way. All my games arrived in generic cases and in envelope sleeves. The only game I kept is Zelda Orcana Of Time & Master Quest since it has some value being disk only.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Same here, I placed two separate orders so almost $7 shipping. I am getting pretty discouraged reading what I see here. Worst case scenario is every game is garbage and I eat shipping + gas to go to store to return them. I got one package scheduled for delivery today.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rnocerino']Anyone know what machine Gamestop uses to refurb their disks? It's definately not a RTI.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like sandpaper and a planar from what I am reading here.
:lol:

Unbelievable, every single game has some sort of grime in the center of the discs. Nothing came with manuals and everything is in generic cases. Tops of all discs look like someone blew thier nose on them. Everything is going back to the store and I am out shipping. fucking Gamestop.

http://i49.tinypic.com/142zic.jpg

bread's done
Back