Gamecube problems

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Recently I bought Paper Mario 2 (great game), but every so often at unequal intervals (sometimes every 5 minutes some times every 30), the colors will dim and the screen will zoom in. I've never had this problem before, and I know its not my av cable because it still does this with my N64 cable. (Both Gamecube and N64 use the same AV cable.) I was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening and if so if I need to get a new Gamecube or what.

Thanks

I havent tried another game since it started happening, but I plan to try one tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will also try it on a different TV.

Is it next to an X-Box or PS2? If so, move it away. It 's intimidated by the bigger consoles :lol: If you have an Atari Jaguar, put it next to that :wink:

[quote name='notoriousxbox']dafoomie :

still awake from all the partying last night ?[/quote]

Partying? Why did something important happen that I should know about? :D

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='notoriousxbox']dafoomie :

Partying? Why did something important happen that I should know about? :D[/quote]

nothing important happened. nothing. important. at all.

st. losers

[quote name='vherub'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='notoriousxbox']dafoomie :

Partying? Why did something important happen that I should know about? :D[/quote]

st. losers[/quote]

Hi vherub. As an Atlanta fan, I'd like to welcome you to our world. Now get to the postseason every year for the next 12 years and lose every time (feel free to scatter one WS win in there somewhere just to keep your fans hanging on the rest of the time). Then we'll talk frustration.

Congrats to the Sox. They humble us all with their patience. No one deserves it more (except, perhaps, the Cubs).

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='vherub'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='notoriousxbox']dafoomie :

st. losers[/quote]

Hi vherub. As an Atlanta fan, I'd like to welcome you to our world. Now get to the postseason every year for the next 12 years and lose every time (feel free to scatter one WS win in there somewhere just to keep your fans hanging on the rest of the time). Then we'll talk frustration.

Congrats to the Sox. They humble us all with their patience. No one deserves it more (except, perhaps, the Cubs).[/quote]

Don't Forget the White Sox, too. One city has the 2 longest streaks without a World series win.

[quote name='Sockey']Recently I bought Paper Mario 2 (great game), but every so often at unequal intervals (sometimes every 5 minutes some times every 30), the colors will dim and the screen will zoom in. I've never had this problem before, and I know its not my av cable because it still does this with my N64 cable. (Both Gamecube and N64 use the same AV cable.) I was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening and if so if I need to get a new Gamecube or what.

Thanks[/quote]

I have heard of this happening. It could be one of two things:
A- You have a nextel phone or a new camera phone? Sometimes the phones give either the GC or your controller somesort of feedback that is messing with the controls.
Remedy: Next time you play, keep your cell phone in a different room, to see if it still happens.

B- If "A" is not the problem, then maybe you have a 3rd party memory card. It is not often but it, does happen that some third party memory cards affect the game. This same problem used to happen with the first generation PSX.
Remedy: Buy a Nintendo Memory card

Hope this helps.

Tybee

I had heard that the Braves in the first round of the playoffs were giving tickets away to game 2 if you bought tickets for game 1

Not sure that it was game 1 or 2 per say but basically if you bought tickets to one playoff game you got free tickets to another playoff game.

Is that true ?

oh i pull for the pirates
but i think the brewers are now the team everyone feels sorry for
lots of people like the brewers

cough

Free Bump, because I hope you find the answer to your problem, and this thread got a little off-topic. :wink:

[quote name='Rig']Free Bump, because I hope you find the answer to your problem, and this thread got a little off-topic. :wink:[/quote]

more like a lotta off topic HA!

Never heard of such a thing happening. I thought it might be a lose connection between the cable and the GCN, but it zooms in too which is throwing me off. No clue. Bump.

[quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='vherub'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='notoriousxbox']dafoomie :

st. losers[/quote]

Congrats to the Sox. They humble us all with their patience. No one deserves it more (except, perhaps, the Cubs).[/quote]

Don't Forget the White Sox, too. One city has the 2 longest streaks without a World series win.[/quote]

Yeah, but since the Black Sox scandal, no one feels bad for the White Sox. ;)

There can only be ONE explanation: You Gamecube is posessed! It is evil. Throw some holy water inside the disc tray and you should be fine. You'll damage it of course, but you will also damage the demons inside it.

Godspeed.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']Tybee

I had heard that the Braves in the first round of the playoffs were giving tickets away to game 2 if you bought tickets for game 1

Not sure that it was game 1 or 2 per say but basically if you bought tickets to one playoff game you got free tickets to another playoff game.

Is that true ?[/quote]

I hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's sad, but division championships are old hat around here. People don't even really get excited until the LCS, and even then it's guarded optimism. We're pretty jaded, I guess.

This year was actually a bit different. It was a rebuilding year and a lot of the starting players -- including the pitchers -- were rookies, so it felt kind of like it did way back in '91. No one expected them to do well (and they didn't for the first couple of months) but then they got really hot down the stretch. People were genuinely excited and proud of them for winning the division. We had good, enthusiastic crowds at the division series games. But of course they lost...again. At home...again.

Incidentally, I have no idea what is happening with this person's GameCube. But talking about baseball is more interesting than seeing "Gee, I have no idea. Have you checked your connections?" posted 20 times in a row.

I tried Viewtiful Joe and it did the same thing, so I tried my cube on another TV and nothing happened. So I guess my TV's just messed up.

bread's done
Back