Gamecube System for $25.00 at Kmart! B&M YMMV

dinobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (99%)
Went to Kmart tonight and saw a platinum gamecube system.

Since kmart is under sears (and sears had recently dropped their gc price) so I asked the clerk to scan it. it rang up for $25.00 and the guy was like wtf.

I know there is a kmart clearance thread but I thought this one deserve to be posted since many were not able to get in on the sears deal.

Good luck hunting. :):)

For anyone that's interested I'm selling Gamecubes (platinum and black systems) very cheap as well. They're not brand new in box, but they are complete and in excellent condition. I'm looking for about $30 shipped :) Let me know if you're interested! Lots of great games on the Gamecube ^_^

Of course if you can find one brand new for $25 get that...but that's totally YMMV as far as I can tell =) The systems are worth that just for the brand new controller alone if you ask me.

[quote name='dinobot']Went to Kmart tonight and saw a platinum gamecube system.

Since kmart is under sears (and sears had recently dropped their gc price) so I asked the clerk to scan it. it rang up for $25.00 and the guy was like wtf.

I know there is a kmart clearance thread but I thought this one deserve to be posted since many were not able to get in on the sears deal.

Good luck hunting. :):)[/quote]
Wow freaking great deal!! I would have bought one, even though i already have one, just for how great the deal is, i would have bought all the GC they had in stock lol, and sell them on eBay or amazon, you should do that, if they have more..

[quote name='goomba478']For anyone that's interested I'm selling Gamecubes (platinum and black systems) very cheap as well. They're not brand new in box, but they are complete and in excellent condition. I'm looking for about $30 shipped :) Let me know if you're interested! Lots of great games on the Gamecube ^_^

Of course if you can find one brand new for $25 get that...but that's totally YMMV as far as I can tell =) The systems are worth that just for the brand new controller alone if you ask me.[/quote]
Yea $30 is still a great deal with ship, you can put it on eBay and get $35 at least not including shipping, so about $45 total.. I bought a used GC for $48 with shipping about 2-3 months ago, and dont regret it, worth it.. So $30 = a lot better haha.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']So is the Sears price drop universal?

My Sears has several Cubes, but they're tagged at $99.99. Guess I'll ask for a price check tomorrow and give it a try.[/quote]

depends on which cube. if i recall correctly, the bundled ones are still regular priced.

I might pick one up for my nephew. All his toys got destroyed in a fire and a Cube would definitely soften that blow. Only problem will be finding Mario Kart. I don't see that much in stores anymore and its the only game he really likes more than anything else.

/inserts wiiistwogamecubesducttapedtogether.gif

nice deal op! I know a fry's around here that still has it 99.99 :\

I never went to Kmart before they pulled all stores out of Texas. Now I regret not knowing about their clearances back when they were still here.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I might pick one up for my nephew. All his toys got destroyed in a fire and a Cube would definitely soften that blow. Only problem will be finding Mario Kart. I don't see that much in stores anymore and its the only game he really likes more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe MK is going for $40 at GS.

BTW, if you can't find a $25 new one, they are $29.99 used at GS. I realize that new =/= used, but there's a good chance you can find a digital out model if you care about that.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I can't believe MK is going for $40 at GS.

BTW, if you can't find a $25 new one, they are $29.99 used at GS. I realize that new =/= used, but there's a good chance you can find a digital out model if you care about that.[/quote]

Bestbuy or CC might still have some MK:DD for 29.99 . Don't get raped by GS.

[quote name='spamfree2']Bestbuy or CC might still have some MK:DD for 29.99 . Don't get raped by GS.[/quote]

There is a Bestbuy around me that has some of the better GC titles still in stock and MKDD is one of them. But $29.99 for a players choice title is a little bad seeing it is last gen.. Nintendo get on the ball and reprint titles at a budget price !!!

[quote name='Veronica Mars']What's the SKU number?
That way people can call and hopefully locate one.[/quote]

the receipt only has the upc i believe. Sku is only 6 digit right?

You can still call and ask if they got any gcube. Just hard to check the stock room without it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']how much do this sell for on Ebay[/QUOTE]

Next to nothing ($40 or so) because of the people on SD buying every Gamecube they can find at Sears over the past 12 days. I'm just glad I was able to find 1 system to keep.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I might pick one up for my nephew. All his toys got destroyed in a fire and a Cube would definitely soften that blow. Only problem will be finding Mario Kart. I don't see that much in stores anymore and its the only game he really likes more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

My sears had at least 5 of mario kart and smash bros for gamecube for 30$ each, which is retail price now. My target also had a few mario karts too, so you might want to try those stores before paying gamestop's ripoff price of 40$ for a USED copy.

Nice to see that we don't even have smart FW/SD types anymore. GC has next to no resale value. This deal is for CAGs more than hoarders/resellers. I originally bought mine with Metroid, another game, and a controller for $50 I think so this is an awesome deal if you missed out on one hell of a console.

Didn't see any at the closest K-Mart to me (Middleburg Heights, OH). I was quite disappointed to see their videogame section was expertly organized. I was hoping to see a big clusterfuck.

actually if your best buy still has Mario kart DD and its normally 30 it should now be 15 I think most best buys are clearancing their GC software, btw, its not a PC game, it just has the price point of one

I checked out quite a few stores today but none had any gamecubes left and very few if any games. Of note, though, Circuit City had a cool little selection and even some on clearance. Picked up a few things for me :D

I managed to find a GC at K-Mart today, but it was marked with a yellow clearance sticker at $75, not $25. And the bitch wouldn't scan it for me because she said she just tagged it a few days ago.

At the very least, that's a sign that the GC is now in the K-Mart clearance cycle.

I hate when employees refuse to scan stuff. As if they are never wrong about the marked price being correct (as we all know, most of the time they are wrong and it is cheaper than what the sticker or shelf price says)

[quote name='Derrick1979']There is a Bestbuy around me that has some of the better GC titles still in stock and MKDD is one of them. But $29.99 for a players choice title is a little bad seeing it is last gen.. Nintendo get on the ball and reprint titles at a budget price !!![/QUOTE]

Plus who wants to buy MK:DD when Mario Kart Wii is out at the end of April?

[quote name='segaplayer']Found one at my local Kmart, thanks for the heads up :D[/quote]

I am glad some1 else got it besides me, was begining to think it was just my local kmart that had it for $25

bread's done
Back