Gamecube VGA cables? what of sound?

WildWop

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to hook up my GC to my PC monitor, and am wondering how I should go about it. My question is twofold:

1) VGA cable or a transcoder? Bear in mind that I don't have the component cables for the GC (yet) so that's part of the cost consideration.

2) What's the best way to get the sound routed through my PC?

Thanks

the vdigi adapter is recommended, and it will work on any component input, not just the cube.
Sicne the component cube cable is only for video, you still use the normal av cable for sound. I use a y connector and input directly into my sound card (audigy)

Is $60 about par for the course in what I'm looking for here? Meaning, is the price of the vdigi normal for this sort of thing? For some reason that strikes me as a wee bit pricey...

I don't think there is a better cheap alternative, the x2vga is in the same price range, but that only works with the xbox. If there is something better for less money, I am not aware of it.
But the vdigi is a great device, the company has good customer service and a number of other folks on this board recommend it as well

bread's done
Back