GameDaily grades the consoles for the holiday season

[quote name='dracula']what are the criteria they are basing this on?[/quote]

Personal Bias.

I'm not sure how the Cube gets a passing grade at all... and the PS2 should be getting an A+... damn system is still getting an avalance of good games.

[quote name='Roufuss']No GBA?

Kind of disappointing... GBA is still alive and well.[/quote]

I wouldnt say it was 'well'.

Those grades seem about right. I might go a tad higher on PS2, and a tad lower on Gamecube tho.

[quote name='Puffa469']I wouldnt say it was 'well'.

Those grades seem about right. I might go a tad higher on PS2, and a tad lower on Gamecube tho.[/QUOTE]

Starting from October, GBA has gotten or well get (up to the end of November):

Summon Night 2
Final Fantasy V
Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2
Yggdra Union
Metal Slug
Sonic The Hedgehog

Sure, it dosen't have quite as many hot games as the other systems, but all those games I listed are going to be pretty kickass (or already are, because the first two are out already).

There's more games than what I listed but I don't feel like digging through all of them. The GBA is alot more alive than say, Gamecube or Xbox.

Theres a new Metal Slug game coming out? I have Metal Slug Advance, but that came out a while ago. Whats this new Slug game all about? You should add 'Scourge:Hive', or whatever that games called to the list. I guess I see your point, the GBA is still doing well. I stand happily corrected. =)

[quote name='Roufuss']Starting from October, GBA has gotten or well get (up to the end of November):

Summon Night 2
Final Fantasy V
Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2
Yggdra Union
Metal Slug
Sonic The Hedgehog

Sure, it dosen't have quite as many hot games as the other systems, but all those games I listed are going to be pretty kickass (or already are, because the first two are out already).

There's more games than what I listed but I don't feel like digging through all of them. The GBA is alot more alive than say, Gamecube or Xbox.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres a new Metal Slug game coming out? I have Metal Slug Advance, but that came out a while ago. Whats this new Slug game all about? You should add 'Scourge:Hive', or whatever that games called to the list. I guess I see your point, the GBA is still doing well. I stand happily corrected. =)[/QUOTE]

It's a port of Metal Slug 1... I thought for sure it was cancelled but Gamestop lists it as coming out December 1st, they even have a shot of the cover now.

I won't be getting it unless I find it on clearance for $5 or so in the future, since I'm getting Metal Slug Collection for PSP which has all six games for $40.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's a port of Metal Slug 1... I thought for sure it was cancelled but Gamestop lists it as coming out December 1st, they even have a shot of the cover now.

I won't be getting it unless I find it on clearance for $5 or so in the future, since I'm getting Metal Slug Collection for PSP which has all six games for $40.[/quote]
MSC has seven games in it.

Xbox should get an F as it becomes less and less supported each month, you can't even find one someplace to buy it new anymore. Other than that the grades are decent, I'd probably lower the Wii's grade some, it's hard to see just how well people (especially casual gamers) will take to the new controls. The cube should stay where it's at, after all we do have a new Zelda on the way in December and it's still the lowest priced console.

bread's done
Back