Gamefly 1 month for $1

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Gamefly Rental a month for $1
Edit: 2nd link if one above does not work.
http://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

71501562.png

I just got this email from one of my spare gamefly accounts, not sure if it is tied to my account. Expires 3/31

Last edited by a moderator:
worked for me. and its been a long time since i was a member. i found it a pain to try to read the instructions online but wat the heck ill try it again. thanks

[quote name='poopants']ive looked, and sorry if i'm just an idiot...but where are these 2 month coupon/gift cards at?

i see on the gamefly website but they are full price and not 17 bucks[/QUOTE]

Not sure what exactly they are talking about, but you can get 16 dollars off the 2 games out plan if you buy a 2 month certificate. It should be $39.99 (or -$6/14%), but it sells for 29.99.

I signed on for the month. I joined up again last year but the service still wasn't nearly as good as Netflix.

Anyways now that I got a PS3 I can try out all of the older titles for it. Infamous, Read Dead Redemption, the first uncharted, etc. I was suprised to see its for TWO discs out at a time and not one. Pretty good deal since it takes 2-3 days to get the disc.

I am not kidding you I cancelled yesterday, and the link worked.

Your Membership Plan:
1 month for $1.00,
$22.95/month thereafter
2 games out at a time

And the games get to me in about two days. I actually have not returned the game from the previous "month" I paid. (for 7.95).

[quote name='GUNNM']Also on the shipping of games they seem to be tracking games now if you have a game in the postal office they'll ship your next game[/QUOTE]

I'd say this works about 5-10% of the time for me. I've only had it work 3 times in the roughly 6 months I've used GF and I drop all my games at the same post office every time. I think it just comes down to if the PO scans them or not, and mine rarely seems to. I dropped them off Monday and no scan, as usual, so I probably won't see a new game until Fri-Sat, so a whole week of no games :/

Anyway, I just re-signed last Tuesday, so this deal comes a week late for me. :(

cancel march 14 and worked... LOL when i went into my account before coming back..

12 of 30 games said now

Resign up all games show LOW TO VERY LOW

shows how they screw people over

Ended up going with just the 1 game out at a time plan even for this month. I don't need more then one game coming when I still have a backlog of games that I actually own.

Worked for me however it's been two days now and not one of the my 15 Xbox 360 games has shipped yet.

Every single one in my queue went from being available or medium to low or very low availability overnight.

It's reasons like this that I would never pay full price for Gamefly. lol.

Even Blockbuster online is better overall IMO despite it's lack of newer release games.

Worked for me, but I had a old account that hasn't been in use for about a year and half. Been wanting to restart Gamefly, but 22 to re-activate just drove me off. Thanks OP.

[quote name='rdlee']Worked for me however it's been two days now and not one of the my 15 Xbox 360 games has shipped yet.

Every single one in my queue went from being available or medium to low or very low availability overnight.

It's reasons like this that I would never pay full price for Gamefly. lol.

Even Blockbuster online is better overall IMO despite it's lack of newer release games.[/QUOTE]

same nothing is shipping out. everything went from NOW To VERY LONG WAIT

I signed up again yesterday evening. My first game shipped out this morning. Nothing on my list has changed either.

People that have popular games on their queue shouldn't be expecting them to ship. Its first come first serve, the way to get new releases is to have them on there months before release, which obviously you can't do.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I signed up again yesterday evening. My first game shipped out this morning. Nothing on my list has changed either.

People that have popular games on their queue shouldn't be expecting them to ship. Its first come first serve, the way to get new releases is to have them on there months before release, which obviously you can't do.[/QUOTE]

top 5 games that showed now yesterday but shows VERY LOW now

1.. new canrival game ds
2.. mario party ds
3..harvest moon two towns ds
4Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted vita
5... V tennis 4 Vita

i doubt there is a high demand in a night for mario and carnival games

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I signed up again yesterday evening. My first game shipped out this morning. Nothing on my list has changed either.

People that have popular games on their queue shouldn't be expecting them to ship. Its first come first serve, the way to get new releases is to have them on there months before release, which obviously you can't do.[/QUOTE]

When I had the free trial a couple of months ago, I managed to get Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Soul Caliber 5 in the first week of their releases.

Plus, all the other games I had on my queue at that time were on the first page of popular titles and they shipped too.

Now, I have older games like Cartoon Network and Madden 12 on my queue and they went from available now to a wait status overnight.

Don't know what changed between the free trial and the one I am now paying a dollar for but seems like I had better luck when it was free. lol.

I saw this thread last night, but waited until earlier to sign up so I could hopefully get something shipped. I finished the signup process around 9AM CST and filled my Que with at least four games that had available NOW. I just got home and checked and nothing has shipped. This is part of the reason I dropped Gamefly in the first place. There seems to be no rush whatsoever to get out your games. I also live in northern North Dakota and geographically it seems to be the worst place you could pick when looking at their distribution centers. My average wait for games is around four days after shipped.

the two links in the OP want me to reactivate my account. How're you guys getting this to go through? I dislike GF but I'll give it another go for $1 a month.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']the two links in the OP want me to reactivate my account. How're you guys getting this to go through? I dislike GF but I'll give it another go for $1 a month.[/QUOTE]
Are you a new gamefly rental member? Offer is only for previous gamefly rental members.

HEADS UP if you rejoined for a 1.00 and your items have not shipped out within 1 to 2 days i found out why

IF YOUR ITEM DIDNT SHIP

YOUR ACCOUNT IS ON REVIEW

you have to contact gamefly and then they go Please allow 3 to 5 days for an item to ship Time lost in REVIEW WILL NOT BE CREDITED

if you dont contact them your items probally will never ship

What the #$@)(*%# gamefly

and they are nothing but a bunch of lairs ... when i cancelled my account (due to no games coming out i wanted) they said cause i was a member with them for the last 4 years if i do come back my 10% discount would be reapplied ..)

account starts today and they go WE NEVER SAID THIS... I GOT IT IN A #$)*)#*#$# EMAIL SAYING YOU DID

cant belive i ever trusted this company with my cc numbers

Thanks OP! Hopefully the games in my Q will drop in price.

They're "keep it" prices are some of the best deals, and I've ALWAYS had perfect cases delivered to me.

I'm currently a member and got the email, I think b/c I'm using a different email account? I may try it later to get 2 accounts going for a month. The expiration date on my email said March 31st - so if you are going to try it, don't wait.
A few comments to other comments - I live in NY, have been mailing my games back on Mondays and getting new ones on Fridays every single time. I got Pokepark 2 and Kid Icarus upon release. I currently only have 2 games in my que - Uncharted 3 = medium for weeks now, and Azura's Wrath = low for weeks, now "very low". Everybody signing up for this deal probably means I'll never see either of those and then cancel.
If you've already played Uncharted 2, don't bother playing 1, you'll be severely disappointed. But if you do, play on "easy", it's still 10x harder than "normal" in 2.
I got an email for $5 to spend after only being a member for a few weeks, but it expired a few days later so I never used it.

I restarted on Tuesday and still haven't had a game ship even with games available. I remember why i stopped paying so much money for this service.

[quote name='azteg28']I restarted on Tuesday and still haven't had a game ship even with games available. I remember why i stopped paying so much money for this service.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it will be the fact it takes a week for me to get the games once they ship that will remind me why I dropped them. If I was Gamefly, I'd make sure these win-back subs get top choice games right out the gate, even if it meant buying more games.

I re-joined cuz of this awesome deal and for Asura's Wrath. Hopefully I get lucky and it ships in the next couple weeks.

Signed up for the for the 1$ month three days ago.. Have games in my que that are available but they still have not sent anything.. Glad to see their service speed is as sharp as ever lol.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Damn they really aren't shipping Asura's Wrath :'([/QUOTE]

They are shipping nothing... always baffles me when a service provides a COME BACK TO US incentive and then totally stinks during this period. Like when WoW invited me back for a patch day only to have the servers down for 2 days lol *with sparatic up times*

They shipped Catherine and Rayman Origins! Hopefully they have a sale for $9.99 sale on both so I can select the keep game option for both of them! They probably read my post on here, lol.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Damn they really aren't shipping Asura's Wrath :'([/QUOTE]
They didn't even ship it when it was released. I had an open slot on the day of release and it was low.

Follow-up to my earlier post: just signed-up again. I now have 2 accounts going, though technically one is my sons: Pokepark 2, Sonic Generations and Kid Icarus. I have Uncharted 3 and Asura's Wrath on both to double my chances. Two times nothing is still nothing but I gotta try. Also added Sonic Colors as my kid liked Generations and this one was supposed to be ok.

Oh, BTW - for new subscribers, I've been a Gamefly member off and on for years now, and I've never ever ever have had a game ship the day I signed up. Almost always the next day though. Also, I always get the "your game was received" email at about 11:30AM (East coast time) and the "Sent" email at about 4:30PM. So for those of you siting around today checking your inboxes, don't bother checking all day, they only seem to send out shipped emails in the afternoon. At least that's been my experience.

I'll write later should anything ship. Netflix they are not.

They finally shipped me 2 games of my Q, the top ones actually. Team ICO HD collection and Read Dead Redemption, both on PS3. I signed up two nights ago and was expecting them to be shipped out yesterday. I'm glad I didn't have to call them though. Normally shipping speeds haven't been that bad for me since I live in a rather larger city in central California.

[quote name='rjejr']Follow-up to my earlier post: just signed-up again. I now have 2 accounts going, though technically one is my sons: Pokepark 2, Sonic Generations and Kid Icarus. I have Uncharted 3 and Asura's Wrath on both to double my chances. Two times nothing is still nothing but I gotta try. Also added Sonic Colors as my kid liked Generations and this one was supposed to be ok.

Oh, BTW - for new subscribers, I've been a Gamefly member off and on for years now, and I've never ever ever have had a game ship the day I signed up. Almost always the next day though. Also, I always get the "your game was received" email at about 11:30AM (East coast time) and the "Sent" email at about 4:30PM. So for those of you siting around today checking your inboxes, don't bother checking all day, they only seem to send out shipped emails in the afternoon. At least that's been my experience.

I'll write later should anything ship. Netflix they are not.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Generations is amazing! I paid $8 for a PC copy, and I'm really enjoying it. I can't recommend that game enough. I was tired of the HD Sonic games until this one came out. Definitely worth a purchase!

They ship stuff... but I've only used GF for trophy hunting in the past. I just grabbed NCIS, lol. No one wants that crap anyways so the shipping is fast! Yay!

Yeah i had Asura's Wrath at the top of my queue but I got sent Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. Awaiting my second game.

Thanks OP. Threw a bunch of 3DS games that said available now into my Q. I've been needing something good to play between classes.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I don't even get the joke... And I know nothing about NCIS, much like all the games I play solely for trophies. Another afternoon of listening to podcasts and mindlessly drudging through it.[/QUOTE]

The writers for NCIS made shit up about MMO games on PC. Theres no such thing as a 10 meg pipe and I heaven't heard of a consumer 16 core procressor yet at all. Since we're still on single, dual or quad cores.

Either way it was the writers trolling games or the writers don't know jack shit about PC's.

[quote name='Rollett']Signed up for the for the 1$ month three days ago.. Have games in my que that are available but they still have not sent anything.. Glad to see their service speed is as sharp as ever lol.[/QUOTE]

Like i said many post ago... if THEY DONT SHIP ANYTHING WITHIN A DAY

you have to contact them your account in on REVIEW and nothing will ship until that comes off. and you have to contact them or it WILL NOT COME OFF

I too have Asura's Wrath in my Q. It's seems to be a high demand, low supply type of thing. Hopefully they notice many people want the game. I also have Binary Domain & The Darkness II. Hopefully something ships today.

Well I didn't get Binary Domain like I wanted but Darkness II and Spider-Man: Edge of Time shipped and will be here tomorrow. Pretty good for a buck already.

bread's done
Back