Gamefly 10$ off games Black Friday coupon (subscribers only)

dizee

CAGiversary!
Gamefly has sent all current subscribers a 10$ coupon for Black Friday (like they did last year). Can use it to keep a current game you have or to buy one from their store that is 30$ or more.

They expire on 11/30.

Check your emails or Gamefly Dollars in the account section of their site.

maybe I should jsut sign up for the 2 free weeks and pick something up. Last year it worked perfectly for the first L4D because I got it new for $40

well got to call them up and #$##$ again. if you only have handhelds there is NOTHING TO BUY... coupon should be 5 off any 20 so everyone can use it

Thanks for the heads up. I didnt get the email but see it on my account. Borderlands for 36$ sounds really nice since the game has some legs w/DLC.

nice.. i might keep it now on assasins creed 2. comes out to $32.09 for me which will probably be better than any bf deal

wish they would take paypal (every store should)

Started a trial and got the coupon, have Borderlands out and will probably keep it, Amazon has it for a few more dollars new, but the DLC just came out and I think I'll bite on this.

[quote name='guyver2077']nice.. i might keep it now on assasins creed 2. comes out to $32.09 for me which will probably be better than any bf deal

wish they would take paypal (every store should)[/QUOTE]Did you have trade in credit or something? I was checking and it looks like I had a $5 coupon for "new members" or something but it expired in November.

Just saw mine today, get 10% off, $5 annual coupon, and now $10 off! What an awesome deal, now what game should I choose?

10% + free shipping + 10 dollars + 5 dollar coupon = 30 dollar borderlands or ratchet. Definitely in for something.

Is it just me, but the email I got said that it was only valid on games $30 and more. Anyone else have this stipulation on their $10 or am I seemingly getting shafted by Gamefly? I see a lot of you are getting games that are over $30, but has anyone tried this code with a game less than $30?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ezellaur']Is it just me, but the email I got said that it was only valid on games $30 and more. Anyone else have this stipulation on their $10 or am I seemingly getting shafted by Gamefly?[/QUOTE]

Well, #1 check the OP, 2nd look at the coupon in your account and verify there, I'm pretty sure we all got the same thing (and they are notorious for this stupid $30 limit lately). As much money as I throw their way its just insulting.

Damn. I wish I would've heard of this sooner.

Now I have to beat Dead Space Extraction ASAP so I can get them to send MW2 for this deal in time!

Crap. I just bought LBP PSP a day or two ago.

[quote name='slidecage']well got to call them up and #$##$ again. if you only have handhelds there is NOTHING TO BUY... coupon should be 5 off any 20 so everyone can use it[/QUOTE]

What's the number? I can only find the contact us/email page.

Thanks OP. I have had dragon age out for the past few days. With my $10 +$5 and the 10% off it comes to around $31 with tax. Not bad at all. :)

[quote name='shagino']crap. I just bought lbp psp a day or two ago.

What's the number? I can only find the contact us/email page.[/quote]

1-888-986-6400

Awesome, just saw the email. Not too many 30+ games in the store. But I picked up Star Ocean for $12 after 10% + this $10 coupon + $5 3 month + $5 survery bonus.

Sweet :).

am i not doing this right?

At the moment i have out Ben 10. The keep price is 31.99 then i have the 10% discount. The fine print says

Coupon expires 11/30/09. Coupon must be applied to a single used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more, before any discounts, GameFly Rewards, tax, or shipping are applied. If you're purchasing multiple games, at least one of the games in your order must be a used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more to qualify for this special offer.

So that would imply that it is the price before the 10% correct? Yet when i add it to cart it shows the original price at 28.79(which is the price after taking 10% off and not the 31.99 price which should be the before price). Shouldnt this be eligible?

[quote name='csabatini']Sorry but how did you get the 10% off? Was it a member rewards thing?[/QUOTE]

correct 12 months being a member but the coupon states the price needs to be that before any discounts i mean that wouldnt be fair that person who says has been a member for 3 months is eligbile to get ben10 for the deal because they dont have the seniority yet yet someone whos been a loyal member for 2 years cant?

[quote name='anthonyd46']am i not doing this right?

At the moment i have out Ben 10. The keep price is 31.99 then i have the 10% discount. The fine print says

Coupon expires 11/30/09. Coupon must be applied to a single used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more, before any discounts, GameFly Rewards, tax, or shipping are applied. If you're purchasing multiple games, at least one of the games in your order must be a used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more to qualify for this special offer.

So that would imply that it is the price before the 10% correct? Yet when i add it to cart it shows the original price at 28.79(which is the price after taking 10% off and not the 31.99 price which should be the before price). Shouldnt this be eligible?[/QUOTE]

I would think so, it clearly falls under terms. I would email gamefly support and ask them but I would do it sooner than later so you can get an answer before the holidays. At least since it is currently in your possession so you don't have to worry about it selling out...

[quote name='tagmay']I would think so, it clearly falls under terms. I would email gamefly support and ask them but I would do it sooner than later so you can get an answer before the holidays. At least since it is currently in your possession so you don't have to worry about it selling out...[/QUOTE]

Yea excatly. I just did that. Its weird cause if you go to like their help page theyll show u an example of say if you had a coupon and even there it says:

Ben 10 Alien Force Vilgax Attacks

• Used Price: $31.99
  • Less GameFly Rewards 10% Discount: -$3.20
  • Less GameFly Dollars Coupon
    GFRXXXXXXXXXXXXX: -$5.00
  • Tax: $1.43
  • Shipping & Handling: FREE
  • Total: $25.22
Used price "31.99" minus DISCOUNT $3.20 then the offer says

Keep price of $30 or more, before any discounts, GameFly Rewards, tax, or shipping are applied.

So it should meet all the requirements just weird it keeps rejecting it

^ No (anthonyd46's post), you will need to apply the other coupon (the $10 one) too. The $10 and $5 coupons can be stacked. Just select the coupon and click APPLY (which is grayed out for some reason).

I got Cross Edge for $18 shipped, used $10 + $5 (every 3 months they send you a $5 off coupon, which is good for any games).

So is the coupon useable twice? I just bought Halo 3 for $22.76 or so. Can I also use it for The Beatles Rock Band?

probally could end up getting either

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy 18.79

or
AR Tonelico 2: Melody of MetaFalica 20.59

or

persona 4 for 22.39

BUT those prices are INSANE FOR USED ITEM S

I think i let my coupon just expire

[quote name='Serpentor']^ No (anthonyd46's post), you will need to apply the other coupon (the $10 one) too. The $10 and $5 coupons can be stacked. Just select the coupon and click APPLY (which is grayed out for some reason).

I got Cross Edge for $18 shipped, used $10 + $5 (every 3 months they send you a $5 off coupon, which is good for any games).[/QUOTE]

Sorry i sounded kind of confusing

I DO NOT have a $5 coupon. I was just showing the example on the site.

I tried to add Ben 10 for the deal. The used price is 31.99 then my 10% off making it 28.79 then $10 should come off and it would be 18.79 total however when i go to apply the $10 coupon it says that the used price is NOT over $30 and cannot be applied, however, the coupon states it is the prices BEFORE discounts which would be 31.99. Therefore why is it rejecting it.

Now gamefly trying to go back on the coupons word hilarous:

Their response:

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your email. The coupon can only be used towards the purchase of a single item with a total of $30.00 or more after membership discounts are applied. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The GameFly Team
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help

So i responded back

Hi,

How is that fair? You are basically telling me since i have been a member for over two years im ineligible? If i were say a member for a month the price to me would be 31.99 and i could use the $10 coupon, however, since im a loyal member i get penalized because i was awarded a 10% discount? That doesnt make any sense. Plus the coupon fine print clearly says it needs to be $30 before discounts.

Coupon expires 11/30/09. Coupon must be applied to a single used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more, before any discounts, GameFly Rewards, tax, or shipping are applied

Not AFTER discounts. The game therefore should be eligbile. Why isnt it?

[quote name='anthonyd46']Now gamefly trying to go back on the coupons word hilarous:

Their response:

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your email. The coupon can only be used towards the purchase of a single item with a total of $30.00 or more after membership discounts are applied. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The GameFly Team
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help

So i responded back

Hi,

How is that fair? You are basically telling me since i have been a member for over two years im ineligible? If i were say a member for a month the price to me would be 31.99 and i could use the $10 coupon, however, since im a loyal member i get penalized because i was awarded a 10% discount? That doesnt make any sense. Plus the coupon fine print clearly says it needs to be $30 before discounts.

Coupon expires 11/30/09. Coupon must be applied to a single used game with a listed Buy Used or Keep price of $30 or more, before any discounts, GameFly Rewards, tax, or shipping are applied

Not AFTER discounts. The game therefore should be eligbile. Why isnt it?[/QUOTE]

I was looking over so many games I could get. This does suck. They need to change the wording or honor it.

Ok i called them up basically said to them you know ive been a member for 2 years and if i was a member for a month i could buy this since it would be 31.99 they agreed and gave me the $18.79 price so im happy great deal. Thats like 50% off from the store.

[quote name='DesertLeo']sweet. they just sent me New Super Mario Brothers for Wii. I think it's a keeper.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I bought it right away. :applause:

Now it's time to cancel so I can take 2 months off to catch up games I own. Then I'm signing up with Gamerang. Much better in every way except the web site flashyness.

My choices:
Wet (360) $35.99
Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (360) $31.49
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (360) $35.99

$26 for Wet would be a cool deal to me if Amazon didn't ever have the PS3 version for sale for $20. (I bought it and flipped it, but would have kept if it was the 360 version.)

Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! for $21 would have been good if it was as nice as Box Office Smash. I highly criticized them for taking a step back with this installment. It's only value is the raw questions/achievements.

I have yet to pop in LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, but I have already bought all the previous TT LEGO games around the $25 price point and have no regrets since I played them all a lot (co-op). This is the logical choice for me. Question is if they are going to lower the price at all before the coupon expires. (Probably not.)

They FINALLY sent me Dragon Age yesterday. I expect to have it by Friday. So should I keep it for $39 (well, $42)?

bread's done
Back