GameFly 15 Day Trial+600 Best Reward Zone Points

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
GameFly offers a 10 day trial on their website, but if you go through Best Buy Reward Zone you get a 15 day trial + 600 Reward Zone point just for signing up and 100 more points for each of the first six months you remain a subscriber, for up to 1,200 total points. Here is what it says on the website:
Play your way to 1,200 Reward Zone® program points with GameFly.

You'll earn Reward Zone points and get video games delivered right to your door, with free shipping and no late fees or due dates – ever. Choose from more than 7,000 titles, and try games before you buy them.

Start your GameFly 15-day free trial and get 600 Reward Zone points. Plus, earn 100 more points for each of the first six months you remain a subscriber, for up to 1,200 total points.

[quote name='MattyB']I'm not an active member - used to subscribe but cancelled. Would this work?[/QUOTE]
It said new users only, but I guess you could register a new e-mail address and it should work. I would post the link for everyone but the site won't let me since I'm a noob.

They usually check for duplicate addresses as well. You'd have to sign up for a different address along with a different e-mail address.

[quote name='GeddyThePolack']I would love to search, but for some reason my work blocks everything except the deals sections. Works out though, so I can see what to buy when I'm on lunch.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well work filters are sort of tricky.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I'm sure someone appreciates it.

[quote name='shadowrage']I still haven't gotten my points after signing up last month.[/QUOTE]
Same with me, I been trying to get my points added and keep getting told that they're(gamefly) looking into it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Same with me, I been trying to get my points added and keep getting told that they're(gamefly) looking into it.[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you guys now that BB affiliate points takes a really long time to take effect.

The normal system for points distribution normally waits 30 days after the purchase date to void out people purchasing things with points earned and then returning them after the points have been used, with the exception of RZMC which are issued every month around the same date.

After the 30 day period, it takes BB another 30 days before issuing the points from the affiliate after they get approval and confirmation, so it may be awhile.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Shouldnt it be showing up as pending though by now?[/QUOTE]

Well since it wasn't an actual "purchase" through your RZ account, it won't show up there unfortunately since they have yet to even confirm with Gamefly you are signed up, which is why it hasn't shown up yet.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Same with me, I been trying to get my points added and keep getting told that they're(gamefly) looking into it.[/QUOTE]
That sucks because you're the OP. I didn't get mine either. Darn. I almost resorted to signing up my mom or dad thinking this was a repeat of the last promotion. Then it dawned on me the last promotion is still running, and I've already done what I think I should have done to get those points.

I think one guy actually called Best Buy and somehow got allocated points. I was told that it was a promotion Gamefly was running, and I had to settle it with them. Their lack of a response combined with my canceling the trial sort of suggested that nothing was going to come out of it anyway. C'est la vie. I'm moving on.

Yeah, thats what BB told me also, that I need to take it up with GF. Figured I would wait another month or so before contacting them again about it.

[quote name='sadboy']That sucks because you're the OP. I didn't get mine either. Darn. I almost resorted to signing up my mom or dad thinking this was a repeat of the last promotion. Then it dawned on me the last promotion is still running, and I've already done what I think I should have done to get those points.

I think one guy actually called Best Buy and somehow got allocated points. I was told that it was a promotion Gamefly was running, and I had to settle it with them.[/QUOTE]

Well this seems to be a second account of contacting Gamefly, so it looks like you may just have to go directly to Gamefly and that BB totally screwed themselves over as far as customer service is concerned on this one.

I was merely giving you some insight on some of the inner workings with points since I worked for BB for a long period of time, so I was familiar with most of the protocol.

Best of luck to you guys on how to resolve this.

Yeah I still haven't gotten my points from this from almost 2 months ago now. I keep getting the cold shoulder from both companies.

I never got my points but what I did was just join and cancel right away. I didn't rent anything from them, just went straight to canceling. Maybe that's why?

[quote name='shadowrage']I still haven't gotten my points after signing up last month.[/QUOTE]

^^^this-

well at least i got to finally play heavy rain wich i loved-n death smiles wich i thought i was going to love. It wasn't bad at all but not as good as i expected. was going to buy both games sooner or later so at least i got that out of the way for free.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well this seems to be a second account of contacting Gamefly, so it looks like you may just have to go directly to Gamefly and that BB totally screwed themselves over as far as customer service is concerned on this one.[/QUOTE]
I received an e-mail from Gamefly halfway into my trial telling me they'd look into it and never heard from them since canceling. I'm not going to push it given the ambiguous nature of the situation--I basically signed up using an account that I had used previously to order but never rent from them. Basically, I told them what the situation was, they told me they'd look into it. It's one of those grayish areas, where I could try a little harder to fight for those points, but they could just as easily reply with some bullshit response telling me I don't qualify.

Yep, still waiting here as well.

Not like it's a life or death sort of thing, but it does kinda piss me off that a lot of people are getting the cold shoulder from both companies on this.

I've used about 4 different emails for gamefly, so I created a brand new one and signed up for this one when we first found out about it a few weeks ago (my trial ended yesterday). I already have the points in my account, and just printed my $10 rz certificate. Got to play through Alan Wake and Conviction, as well as earn $10, all for $0. Pretty damn good deal.

Sucks that everyone hasn't gotten their points yet. I got my points about a week after signing up for my gamefly trial, which was about a month ago or so. Played through Modern Warfare 2 and some Start Ocean 4, got my $10 credit, canceled and sent my games back :) Getting paid to play 2 games never hurts.

How long does it take Gamefly to send out games? I signed up this morning but nothing so far. (I remember Netflix I signed up and my first movie was out within an hour)

24-48 hours. Gamefly is significantly slower than Netflix and has far fewer distribution centers - but they are far better than Blockbuster.

[quote name='Izod517']24-48 hours. Gamefly is significantly slower than Netflix and has far fewer distribution centers - but they are far better than Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully sooner rather then later. I just joined to try to get some points and to "Keep" Silent Hill for the $12

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Hopefully sooner rather then later. I just joined to try to get some points and to "Keep" Silent Hill for the $12[/QUOTE]

It took about 24 hours to have my games shipped, and about 2 days to receive them after they shipped. That was my experience, though it could be a few extra days for you depending on your location.

Add another to the list of those that haven't received their points. I'm going to wait until 6 weeks pass and then I'll call and see what happens.

bread's done
Back