Gamefly $5 off ALL used games!

jjz203

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
In case no one has seen this, I just saw on my facebook feed that Gamefly is taking $5 off any and all used games (limit 12 per order according to their facebook post). This drops most prices down below or the same as previous weeks of sales. 

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1451592_10152090679462994_866787214_n.png

This deal is GREAT for people who missed out on games like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or Assassin's Creed III or God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, DMC, etc for $9.99. I think Gamefly adjusted the prices to $14.99 to make them essentially the same price as when they were on sale weeks ago rather than drop a laundry list of games and prices. Although Crysis 3 and Hitman: Absolution now drops to $7.99 after coupon, which is $1 less than when I bought them on sale.

Here's a link to the used game store, sorted by free shipping lowest priced games first:

*NOTE* As pointed out by Dark_Sage, Gamefly took out free shipping on all used games so that makes the prices mostly higher than the past couple of weeks of sale prices!

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping&page=1&sort=Price

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same reaction. Basically, this isn't really any better than the sale that just ended, unless someone was interested in one of the games that wasn't just on sale. Great if you're already a Gamefly member, though.
Second this. I saw Bioshock Infinite for $12.99 free shipping in the last sale. This time, it's $17.99 plus $3 shipping. $13 vs $21!!! As Arnold said "NO DEAL!" TERMINATED!

Ok so whats the chances they have black Friday deals with free shipping?
Low. This is usually what they do for Black Friday. Last year I think they had $12 off any two games. Luckily last year it overlapped with the end of one of their monthly sales and I was able to grab Operation Raccoon City and Max Payne 3 for like $8. Looks like we won't be as lucky this year.

I chose to keep the PS4 Lego Marvel I had for $35 after I used my $5 credit and then the $5 for this promo.  Not the best deal in the world but it does drop it to the price I was willing to pay.

Picked up silent Hill downpour for $5 with free shipping. Heard good things about it, can't pass it up for $5. Almost got Defiance for $2, but figured I'd never play it.

if you are a paying member you get free shipping. 

I've been a member for 6 months so I get 5% off and free shipping on top of the $5 off. 

If you buy enough games it pays itself to be a member

[SIZE=9.5pt]Order Details[/SIZE]

Item

Tracking Number

Price

GoldenEye Reloaded (PS3)

$12.99

Item

Tracking Number

Price

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes(PS3)

$12.99

[SIZE=9.5pt]Order Details[/SIZE]

Item

Tracking Number

Price

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed(PS3)

$17.99

Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1(PS3)

$12.99

Armored Core V (PS3)

$14.99

Gears of War (Xbox 360)

$9.99

Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)

$12.99

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3)

$14.99

Grid 2 (PS3)

$12.99

[SIZE=10pt]·   [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]Subtotal: $122.91[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·   [/SIZE][SIZE=7pt]Less Coupons: ($45.00)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·   [/SIZE][SIZE=7pt]Shipping: $10.90[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·   [/SIZE][SIZE=7pt]Tax: $6.21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·        [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]Order Total:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]$95.02[/SIZE]
Accidental purchase of Sherlock Holmes, trying to have it cancelled. Shipping adds about one dollar per item. Not bad. 

Damn - Uncharted 3 for $8 would have been nice but shipping kills it.  I had ICO/Shadow of the Colossus and Sly 4 in my cart for $28.97 prior to shipping and tax which made it $35.24 and at over $10 per game it is out of my sweet spot.

Good thing they started charging for shipping. I would have impulse bought a game or 2! Been spending too much before BF, anyway.

could pick up 

Ys: Memories Of Celcete  for   20 after 5 gamefly bucks. Not sure if worth 20 though. Nothing good to buy on   3ds or vita

could also keep the new zelda game for 20...   

The $5 off stacks on top of a $5 gamefly coupon and shipping appears to be back to free.  Ended up getting Bioshock Infinite PS3 which also includes Bioshock 1 for $6.  Great deal!

The $5 off stacks on top of a $5 gamefly coupon and shipping appears to be back to free. Ended up getting Bioshock Infinite PS3 which also includes Bioshock 1 for $6. Great deal!
Hey, I just checked and no free shipping on that game for me. How did you manage that? And where can I get that coupon?

Wow

Luigi's mansion dark moon, mario and luigi dream team for $20

edit: shipping+tax kills it

This seems to be the time of the year where gamefly starts looking shady. So you mean to tell me if you click the free shipping category all the games under it dont have free shipping? lol

Thanks Op I went ahead and ordered Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Gates to Infinity.I enjoyed the demo so $13.88 for the game was a no brainer.

Also went ahead and grabbed Defiance for $6.41 with free shipping.

ordered Ni No Kuni, Nhl 13, Defiance, and Anarchy Reigns for 22.87 total. Free Shipping as well as the free $5 off coupon

did anyone have mystery coupons pop up after their first order because i just got family guy amazing spiderman dynasty warriors 7 and mlb 13 for 20

also in a shocker for me my order from wed is already delivered never get 2 day delivery from them either they are stepping up their game or i just got a new shipping center

bread's done
Back