GameFly 6 Month Video Game Membership E-Voucher - $89.99 ($15/month for 2 Games out at a time) *Sold from Costco.com*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
GameFly 6 Month Video Game Membership E-Voucher - $89.99

*Non-costco members might get hit with an additional surcharge fee*

Comes out to $15.00 per month with the Costco voucher vs direct from Gamefly at $22.95 per month.

Features:

• Over 8,000 titles
  • Game rentals - 2 games out at a time
  • Choose from all the newest video games for Xbox 360, PS3, WiiU and more!
  • Pick your games online
  • Games shipped straight to you - free shipping
  • Play the games as long as you want - no due date & no late fees
  • Send them back in a pre-paid mailer - and get more games
How to Redeem:

• Go to www.gamefly.com/costco enter the code on the e-voucher
  • Complete the signup process, choose your games and we will mail them straight to you

Last edited by a moderator:
*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

I noticed gamefly has the above disclaimer on their site, so I thought this might be a good deal for those who have existing accounts with gamefly.

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

I noticed gamefly has the above disclaimer on their site, so I thought this might be a good deal for those who have existing accounts with gamefly.
I know people on GAF have been buying those certs for themselves and using them for a few years now with no issues. But yea, they could close that off anytime is the problem.

Anyone know if the codes stack? I purchased two, and don't wanna redeem them both to have one not be valid.

When does this e-voucher expire?  Can i purchase now and activate it when the next gen consoles come out?

In case anyone is wondering, the total is $94.49 with the non member surcharge of $4.50

I'm just a bit unsure on this one because I've heard gamefly sometimes will charge people for lost games or cancel their account, and I don't like the idea of being stuck with months of their service that I can't use. And plus the fact that I'm in an apartment and my mailman doesn't always put the GF envelopes in my box, I realize I'm taking a risk with them.

In case anyone is wondering, the total is $94.49 with the non member surcharge of $4.50

I'm just a bit unsure on this one because I've heard gamefly sometimes will charge people for lost games or cancel their account, and I don't like the idea of being stuck with months of their service that I can't use. And plus the fact that I'm in an apartment and my mailman doesn't always put the GF envelopes in my box, I realize I'm taking a risk with them.
Try the free trial first and see how it goes before you pay. Delivery reliability is definitely key.

I tried them out for two months, I kept a calendar, and they're like clockwork. If I dropped a game at the post office on a certain day, I know I'm getting the next game on a specific day.

Just like Netflix though, I canceled because I ran out of games I wanted to play.

How is GameFly these days?  I remember way back it used to take over a week between when I'd mail the game back and when I'd receive the next one, which made the 1 game at a time service basically useless (I couldn't get more than 2 games a month if I wanted to).

How is GameFly these days? I remember way back it used to take over a week between when I'd mail the game back and when I'd receive the next one, which made the 1 game at a time service basically useless (I couldn't get more than 2 games a month if I wanted to).
I think it depends on how far/close you are to a distribution center and the reliability of your post office/delivery person. As I mentioned in my post above yours, everything was clockwork for me. If I dropped a game at the post office on Monday, I received my next game on Thursday. Played it over the weekend, then repeated. I was able to get ~4 games per month (using the one game out option).

Like I said, I dropped mine off at a post office so that might account for faster turnaround (versus dropping it off at a mailbox; not sure if that's really a factor though). Also, they now do this thing where the post office scans some code on the envelope, it gets transmitted to GF, and they know you returned a game even before they've received it. So they send out your next one before they've physically received your return. Pretty neat, imo.

But can you use this either? If you read the item description on Costco's site it says

"For pre-existing GameFly members, prior terms and conditions will apply"

So is this e-voucher membership for new members only?

But can you use this either? If you read the item description on Costco's site it says

That disclaimer has been there for as long as I can remember and it has never stopped me from using a gift certificate on GameFly.

That wasn't posted when I originally made this thread. I guess approach with caution or maybe it is nothing like LordVila said.

Of course as a few people have mentioned if you don't have a Costco membership you can get the same promotion through GameFly for $83.85 for 2 games out  (the 2 month certificate is a better savings then the 3 month) or you can get 6 months with 1 game out for $55.50. 

Also to test I bought another 2 month certificate because my last 2 month was expiring next month:

Account Summary

Your gift certificate has been redeemed

gc_card.gif

• Name: XXXX
  • E-mail Address: XXXX
  • Gift Certificate Length: 2 Month(s)
  • Subscription Plan:
    1-Game Plan
  • 1 game(s) out at a time

[*]Next Billing Period: 11/17/2013

I bought one and was able to use it with no issue, I am not a new member.

bread's done
Back