Gamefly $9.99 Games - No Free Shipping

BiggNick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Not a huge selection, but a few games that might be worth it. Shipping was like $2.28 to Florida, so YMMV. Been waiting on more daily deals, but these may hold some over.

:ps3:
Front Mission Evolved: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Front-Mission-Evolved/138815/

Quantum Theory: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Quantum-Theory/141245/

Moto GP 09/10: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/MotoGP-0910/140355/

Kane & Lynch 2: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Kane--Lynch-2-Dog-Days/136480/

:360:
Kane & Lynch 2: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Kane--Lynch-2-Dog-Days/136475/

Only thing that I don't own besides Moto GP is Quantum Theory and for $10 and free shipping I might bite, but $13 is too much for this extremely poor Gears rip-off.

I bought K&L2 last year from GameFly for $8, finished the game in about 4 hours, then immediately traded it in at GameStop. Very disappointing game.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I bought K&L2 last year from GameFly for $8, finished the game in about 4 hours, then immediately traded it in at GameStop. Very disappointing game.[/QUOTE]
Maybe because you're supposed to play it for the multiplayer?

Who the hell plays a mainstream FPS for the campaign????!!

[quote name='neuropunk']Maybe because you're supposed to play it for the multiplayer?

Who the hell plays a mainstream FPS for the campaign????!![/QUOTE]

It's not an FPS it's a Third Person Shooter and nobody plays that pos online. Who the hell comments and doesn't know anything about what they're talking about????!!

[quote name='neuropunk']Maybe because you're supposed to play it for the multiplayer?

What game are you talking about you moron?????!!

Wow this thread got funny. I just figured people would be interested in Quantum and Front Mission, not really the others so much.

I've played and finished the campaign for all the "mainstream" FPS games I own. Some of us like the story.

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Front Mission any good? may pick it up[/QUOTE]

It's not terrible if you're into mech games. The boss fights are pretty annoying though.

fuck it, well I'll defend Kane & Lynch 2. The hand-held cam style is what really makes the game. It isn't going to be for all tastes, but it really captures the gritty action style of The Shield or Michael Mann's HD shootouts in Collateral, Miami Vice etc. It adds an in the moment kind of intensity that I personally do not get out of Call of duty and the like. It makes me feel more "there" than other shooters.

Well, I guess Gamefly has to get rid of their excess stock somehow. But compared to their other deals (such as Spider-man: SD for $12.99 and BC2 with VIP code for $15, both with free shipping), $10 for these games feels steep. If they're eager to get rid of them, they should do combos with games that will actually move or with each other.

[quote name='dinovelvet']fuck it, well I'll defend Kane & Lynch 2. The hand-held cam style is what really makes the game. It isn't going to be for all tastes, but it really captures the gritty action style of The Shield or Michael Mann's HD shootouts in Collateral, Miami Vice etc. It adds an in the moment kind of intensity that I personally do not get out of Call of duty and the like. It makes me feel more "there" than other shooters.[/QUOTE]

Though I'll admit the handy-cam was a refreshing attempt to shake up/add something to the genre, the novelty of it wore off real quick and the game became really boring.

[quote name='teh_minus']Who the hell comments and doesn't know anything about what they're talking about????!![/QUOTE]
About 90% of internet forum users, that's who.;)
OK. Maybe 80%:razz:
[quote name='dinovelvet']fuck it, well I'll defend Kane & Lynch 2. The hand-held cam style is what really makes the game. It isn't going to be for all tastes, but it really captures the gritty action style of The Shield or Michael Mann's HD shootouts in Collateral, Miami Vice etc. It adds an in the moment kind of intensity that I personally do not get out of Call of duty and the like. It makes me feel more "there" than other shooters.[/QUOTE]
I liked it too. It's in my backlog(along with the original) but I enjoyed what I did play of each before they got relegated to the stacks of games I have yet to finish.

I often play FPS games for the campaign. I just finished the single player in Killzone 3 recently and enjoyed myself.

And Kane and Lynch 2 isn't that bad. It's more like one of those decent games you can skip and not much much, but if you do play it you'll have a good time despite there being other, better games.

Alright I'll fess up too. I kinda liked K&L 2 after I accepted it as a bad game. The levels we're pretty cool thanks to the setting and there are a few "holy shit" and "wtf" moments. Online never worked for me since the community (if there ever was one to begin with) was small.

tl;dr? Not worth over $5 at best.

[quote name='whoknows']Amazing. At $10 it's a steal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for quick response man, just grabbed a copy:D

[quote name='Lonedragon87']poor gamefly what the hell are you doing! no free shipping! blah, gamefly is turning the gamestop side.[/QUOTE]

Simmer down. GameFly just had a huge sale over the holidays where good games could be had at great prices with free shipping. They only have those kind of sales a couple of times a year.

bread's done
Back