GameFly Black Friday Coupon - Save $12 on your order of 2 or more used games

hatback

CAGiversary!
GameFly is offering $12 off when you purchase two or more used games.
http://www.gamefly.com/Store/

At checkout, use coupon code: BFSBLK20112USED

Discount will be shown in checkout.

*Coupon code may only be redeemed ONCE per person/account.
*Coupon code (probably) expires on Monday 11/28/2011 (according to a couple posters).

Link to thread for GameFly November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Sale:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308258

UPDATE:
The coupon code is still active, however...
- Many games from the under $10 sale went out of stock.
- The under $10 sale is now dead, so the prices on those games that are still in stock have been raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower'] each brink was worth 6 a piece after the promotion not 4[/QUOTE]

Wow $6, man you are so loaded. Isn't that like almost 1 hour of work for you?

[quote name='BegFourMercy']So not only do you flip for a few bucks, you commit fraud with the metra card. You are on a roll.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are joking (please tell me you are lol) as borrowing your siblings unlimited metro card is not fraud

[quote name='BegFourMercy']So not only do you flip for a few bucks, you commit fraud with the metra card. You are on a roll.[/QUOTE]

I think using your sister's subway card is one of the least offensive acts I've heard of committed by the people on this forum.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope you are joking (please tell me you are lol) as borrowing your siblings unlimited metro card is not fraud[/QUOTE]
The card is for her alone, I hope the bust you on this. Can't even pay for the transporation. Go check out the website for metro cards. You are in violation.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']The card is for her alone, I hope the bust you on this. Can't even pay for the transporation. Go check out the website for metro cards. You are in violation.[/QUOTE]

That guy is b*tch, i just jump strait over the turnstiles.

Came in wishing I had noticed this thread 5 days ago, left amused by people humiliating themselves with some of the pettiest attacks I've ever seen on the internet.

Granted, if Gargus was in here, I'd be trolling him just as fast as flies swarm around shit.

What a train wreck of a thread.

Anyway, this coupon is a joke. Using it negates your member bonus, so on a $60 purchase I only saved $6 instead of 12. I was going to buy one of the games anyway so its not a huge deal, but a bummer compared the last 2 years awesome coupon.

[quote name='sneezebu']What a train wreck of a thread.

Anyway, this coupon is a joke. Using it negates your member bonus, so on a $60 purchase I only saved $6 instead of 12. I was going to buy one of the games anyway so its not a huge deal, but a bummer compared the last 2 years awesome coupon.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. I was able to get 2 games shipped for $4. The coupon was awesome before they jacked up the prices.

Just got my Bullestorm Epic Edition in. It looks like they literally went out and bought this copy to fulfill my order lol. Still waiting on Brink to show up. Not bad for a total of 4 bucks.

Got my first order in, Homefront and The First Templar. I'd have been pleased enough with those two for $5, but when I found an unused multiplayer code in Homefront, the deal got even sweeter. A full copy of Homefront as good as new for $1. Insane.

Got Brink & NCAA 11 yesterday...Tried to play NCAA last night but the disc is unreadable...hopefully they will send me another one.

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Is there going to be a monthly sale this week?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the next one will be the "year end" sale...really hoping that hits in the next couple weeks.

How long does gamefly typically take to ship and deliver used games? I ordered brink and red faction last monday and brink shipped tuesday while red faction shipped on the 25th. It's been over a week now and they still haven't arrived and they don't provide tracking numbers so I can't check where they're at. It's not like im in need of a game to play because i have Skyrim, MW3, MGS HD collection, Beyong G&E, and about 8 other games. I just want to know that they are on the way and that I didnt get ripped off by gamefly.

[quote name='sonicemerald']How did I not know about this until today? *coughSkyrimcough*: oh that's why.[/QUOTE]

one game was busted they go Send it back in for a refund if you want a new copy Pay twice as much..

lol

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm guessing the next one will be the "year end" sale...really hoping that hits in the next couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will have cheap copies of House Of The Dead, Catherine, and Driver. Possibly Warhammer. ;)

I'm a little peeved at gamefly today, I took advantage of the sale the minute it went live, I'm even the 3rd person to comment on this deal in this thread. I order 4 games, 2 show up at my house right away the other 2 sit in still processing status. So I send them a email asking what's up and I get told today they have misplaced the manuals and the cases for my 2 in process orders and they are canceling my order. Wtf

If its anything like last year we won't see any deals until the year end sale starts a few days before Christmas. My guess is December 20th.

Sent them an email about Brink. Here's the response:

Hello,

We have reviewed your account and noted your purchase of Brink has not yet been shipped. Unfortunately, we have had difficulty fulfilling this order. We are continuing to work to provide you with this game, however, if you would like to cancel this purchase for a full refund rather than wait, please email us at any time or call us at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

Should the game be shipped prior to us receiving a request for cancellation of this purchase, please return the purchase once it arrives to you and upon its return in one of our facilities, we will issue a refund.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

*name withheld*

So basically, "we don't know what's going on."

I have Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm in my backlog, and Goldeneye at Redbox. Tempted to just cancel. But I'll wait around for a little while. Not like I'm hurting for $6. I'm still waiting on BTTF for $10 to ship from Best Buy a month later. Either way, I'm tackling Catherine head on, to the point where this text just looks like blocks I need to move at this point.

[quote name='Sonne']Sent them an email about Brink. Here's the response:

I have Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm in my backlog, and Goldeneye at Redbox. Tempted to just cancel. But I'll wait around for a little while. Not like I'm hurting for $6. I'm still waiting on BTTF for $10 to ship from Best Buy a month later. Either way, I'm tackling Catherine head on, to the point where this text just looks like blocks I need to move at this point.[/QUOTE]

yup I got the same one. It was specifically for Brink and Red Faction obviously due to the coupon thing and easy flip. I ordered mine way before that just to enjoy those games yet all these flippers get their games shipped -_-

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']yup I got the same one. It was specifically for Brink and Red Faction obviously due to the coupon thing and easy flip. I ordered mine way before that just to enjoy those games yet all these flippers get their games shipped -_-[/QUOTE]

As a recovered Flipper (a steady out-of-college job will do that), I think we'll start seeing a recovery program on these boards soon.

Red Faction is a fun little game, hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on it. I got mine from GameFly on the 360 and I plan on beating it when I get back down to South Florida for the holiday. Story is a mess though.

[quote name='Sonne']Sent them an email about Brink. Here's the response:

I have Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm in my backlog, and Goldeneye at Redbox. Tempted to just cancel. But I'll wait around for a little while. Not like I'm hurting for $6. I'm still waiting on BTTF for $10 to ship from Best Buy a month later. Either way, I'm tackling Catherine head on, to the point where this text just looks like blocks I need to move at this point.[/QUOTE]

My post a few up was about brink and red faction too, but I got a completely different response. They just flat out told me the lost the cases and manuals and they are canceling my order. So your probably out of luck.

[quote name='bfauble83']Got Brink & NCAA 11 yesterday...Tried to play NCAA last night but the disc is unreadable...hopefully they will send me another one.[/QUOTE]

They WILL NOT SEND You another copy they WILL MAKE YOU return it GIVE YOu what you paid for it.. THEN MAKE You rebuy it at a higher price

Have you guys ever had problems with Gamefly shipments getting lost in the mail? I ordered Dead Rising 2 on the 15th and it shipped on the 17th. I have yet to receive it. Normally, I receive the games within 3-4 days after shipping. If I haven't received it by tomorrow, I will contact Gamefly.

[quote name='slidecage']They WILL NOT SEND You another copy they WILL MAKE YOU return it GIVE YOu what you paid for it.. THEN MAKE You rebuy it at a higher price[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they refunded me $8 and change & put an exclusive coupon on my account. Not sure how much the coupon is worth and they are sold out of NCAA 11 now.

Edit, actually its in stock now and after the coupon it comes out to the same price I paid previously.

[quote name='slidecage']They WILL NOT SEND You another copy they WILL MAKE YOU return it GIVE YOu what you paid for it.. THEN MAKE You rebuy it at a higher price[/QUOTE]

Last time I did a return, I mentioned the price difference and they issued me a coupon in the amount of the difference before I even returned the game.

Homefront (360) came today. I finally I had my first game with the "chips". Quite a few if you ask me. No scratches so thats good. If the game plays then this and brink for $1.04 would be my best videogame purchase of my life so far..

Finally got my Brink notification today, along with the ones I've been waiting for from Best Buy. It's like they heard me talking shit on here.

And of course Alice is the nightly deal. I'm trying hard to pass.

Got Brink and RF: Armageddon yesterday, both in good condition. RF still had an unused multiplayer code in the box, and despite saying it expired in August, it worked when redeemed on XBL.

Between RF and Homefront, that's now two unused multiplayer unlock codes that I received from Gamefly. Is this standard practice? Do they not send those game inserts to people renting the games? Or was I just lucky? Considering this trend towards locked content in games these days, if Gamefly regularly ships used copies with unredeemed codes, it may be one of the best places to buy used games going forward.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Got Brink and RF: Armageddon yesterday, both in good condition. RF still had an unused multiplayer code in the box, and despite saying it expired in August, it worked when redeemed on XBL.

Between RF and Homefront, that's now two unused multiplayer unlock codes that I received from Gamefly. Is this standard practice? Do they not send those game inserts to people renting the games? Or was I just lucky? Considering this trend towards locked content in games these days, if Gamefly regularly ships used copies with unredeemed codes, it may be one of the best places to buy used games going forward.[/QUOTE]
I also used a supposed expired code for RF, for PS3 and it worked. Seems like a lot of codes like that work even after their exp date.

Codes in the box is standard practice for GF and you should receive them unused every time. No, they dont send codes(disc only) to renters.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Between RF and Homefront, that's now two unused multiplayer unlock codes that I received from Gamefly. Is this standard practice? Do they not send those game inserts to people renting the games? Or was I just lucky? Considering this trend towards locked content in games these days, if Gamefly regularly ships used copies with unredeemed codes, it may be one of the best places to buy used games going forward.[/QUOTE]

They games them in gamefly cases without the inserts and codes they why all games purchased come wiyh unused codes.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Got Brink and RF: Armageddon yesterday, both in good condition. RF still had an unused multiplayer code in the box, and despite saying it expired in August, it worked when redeemed on XBL.

Between RF and Homefront, that's now two unused multiplayer unlock codes that I received from Gamefly. Is this standard practice? Do they not send those game inserts to people renting the games? Or was I just lucky? Considering this trend towards locked content in games these days, if Gamefly regularly ships used copies with unredeemed codes, it may be one of the best places to buy used games going forward.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They do not send out the codes to anyone who rents.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Got my two copies of Brink on Monday, trades in to best buy for a cool $10. Very nice.[/QUOTE]

Don't you feel special.

Sometimes they'll give you the difference in credit so you can rebuy it.

[quote name='wrencrest']I also used a supposed expired code for RF, for PS3 and it worked. Seems like a lot of codes like that work even after their exp date.

Codes in the box is standard practice for GF and you should receive them unused every time. No, they dont send codes(disc only) to renters.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rhett']Yep. They do not send out the codes to anyone who rents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. That's a great advantage to buying used at Gamefly versus buying used anywhere else, especially if the locked content is something worthwhile.

bread's done
Back