Some of the better deals
Prey 12.99
Watchdogs 2 9.99
Titanfall 2
Mafia 3 9.99
For Honor 9.99

7101825d04f86973acfb179d67c7470b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Dangerous @ $15 is tempting but I would feel bad buying used since they don't make these types of games for console that often.
For me it's a no brainer ... the core game is $30, the LE/DE is $45-60 (meaning the Season Pass is worth $15-30), so you're coming out WAY ahead by getting the used game with SP's code intact! I'm just 10% sad that I'm only getting PS4, since I already have the XB1's core game via GwG, otherwise I would've picked up both @ the same time.

For me it's a no brainer ... the core game is $30, the LE/DE is $45-60 (meaning the Season Pass is worth $15-30), so you're coming out WAY ahead by getting the used game with SP's code intact! I'm just 10% sad that I'm only getting PS4, since I already have the XB1's core game via GwG, otherwise I would've picked up both @ the same time.
So you get the season pass with the physical copy?

Damn missed the Xbox version, hope it comes back in stock. I need that expansion pass.

So you get the season pass with the physical copy?

Damn missed the Xbox version, hope it comes back in stock. I need that expansion pass.
They put the disc back in the original box with all the papers untouched when they sell their games. That's why the Rise of the Tomb Raider will come with the art book case since that was the only version available when it came out. :D

I'm pretty sure some prices have dropped between yesterday and today? Maybe I'm seeing things, but for example, Victor Vran PS4 [diablo type game] which i've been waiting on is only 12.99, and I swear it was like double that yesterday [it's on my 'buy' list].

Anyone know how much Shadow Tactics is selling for? That's the only one I know I want that i've missed out on .

You guys all forgot to add a side of salsa for $4.99 for those chips
i've bought like 100 games over the years from Gamefly, and have -never- been unhappy with the condition of a game.

Gravity Rush 2 was out of stock and is back in stock if you're interested. 24.99 but still selling high above that on Amazon. 

New sale now through Cyber Monday. Free shipping on every title they have for sale.

Link

Frankly with all the great prices on BF games in new condition I find little to like here. Most of the prices aren't great either.

New sale now through Cyber Monday. Free shipping on every title they have for sale.

Link

Frankly with all the great prices on BF games in new condition I find little to like here. Most of the prices aren't great either.
But..but..what do you mean? These deals are amazing. Just Looook!

You can get a USED copy of frazzin’ No Man’s Sky for 25 dollars!!

NO MAN’S SKY BRO!

Does anyone know if you can use more than 3 GameStop rewards coupons in one day ? I know it says 3 per day but is that something the cashier has to enforce or does the computer block it thanks

Does anyone know if you can use more than 3 GameStop rewards coupons in one day ? I know it says 3 per day but is that something the cashier has to enforce or does the computer block it thanks
took me a while, kept wondering what gamefly coupons you had, then i realized you might be in the wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure some prices have dropped between yesterday and today? Maybe I'm seeing things, but for example, Victor Vran PS4 [diablo type game] which i've been waiting on is only 12.99, and I swear it was like double that yesterday [it's on my 'buy' list].

Anyone know how much Shadow Tactics is selling for? That's the only one I know I want that i've missed out on .

i've bought like 100 games over the years from Gamefly, and have -never- been unhappy with the condition of a game.
Damn, you're right. That's one I've been eying, as I've never seen it for sale, only the keep option. Now to camp the X1 version and hope it comes back in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm, the DLC bundled with Dragon Quest Builders seems to be expired.  Just last month, that's annoying. 

Expiration dates on codes is bad enough, but the game's only 1 year old.  Too soon.

Looks like it's over.  Victor Vran XB1 didn't come in stock (as far as I saw while camping it), but at least it stayed at $13.

Anyone else get an order that was beat to shit? I ordered ME: Andromeda and got it yesterday and the case was shattered as well as numerous chips in the disc. I emailed them about it expecting them to tell me they’d be sending out a replacement case (had it happen twice before with cheaper titles back in the day). Despite my saying that the game was functional and I just wanted a new case, they just sent me a label and said I have to send it back and that they’re refunding me since the game was non-functional. I sent another email reiterating that the game did actually work and I plan to keep it, I just wanted a new case. They just replied back by copy pasting the return instructions and bolding them.

Has their customer service just turned to shit in the last year? Really never had a problem like this with them before.

My PS4 copy of Watch Dogs 2 arrived in perfect shape (aside from the usual chips around the edge of the disc) but unfortunately the disc won't install completely to the PS4. :/ The drive revs up and down at a certain point during the installation like it is having trouble reading the disc before it just stops and the installation progress meter in-game stays halted at the same percentage on both mine and a friend's PS4.

I seem to have the worst luck with GameFly, with 3 out of my last 9 PS4 games having bad discs that failed to install.  I can only blame the chips, as every "bad" disc did not have a scratch or other blemish that one could point to as a cause of the disc read error, though why some chipped discs cause errors and others don't is still a mystery to me.  GameFly's customer service has never given me problems with returns, however, even though they never offer replacements (only a refund). 

I am hesitant ordering from them in the future, though, because I know at some point they will stop being friendly with returns even though I am 100% certain the fault lies with their discs and not my system, which has never had issues installing physical discs in my collection, some of which do have actual scratches yet still install fine.  I am sure some have had much better luck with GameFly than I have though I'd definitely suggest everyone make sure their games can be fully installed before their return period is up.

Has their customer service just turned to shit in the last year? Really never had a problem like this with them before.
As far as I know they have always been like this. I posted elsewhere that this is why I stopped ordering from them - no procedure to simply replace defective items: return/rebuy only, for no reason at all. Asinine.

My PS4 copy of Watch Dogs 2 arrived in perfect shape (aside from the usual chips around the edge of the disc) but unfortunately the disc won't install completely to the PS4. :/ The drive revs up and down at a certain point during the installation like it is having trouble reading the disc before it just stops and the installation progress meter in-game stays halted at the same percentage on both mine and a friend's PS4.

I seem to have the worst luck with GameFly, with 3 out of my last 9 PS4 games having bad discs that failed to install. I can only blame the chips, as every "bad" disc did not have a scratch or other blemish that one could point to as a cause of the disc read error, though why some chipped discs cause errors and others don't is still a mystery to me. GameFly's customer service has never given me problems with returns, however, even though they never offer replacements (only a refund).

I am hesitant ordering from them in the future, though, because I know at some point they will stop being friendly with returns even though I am 100% certain the fault lies with their discs and not my system, which has never had issues installing physical discs in my collection, some of which do have actual scratches yet still install fine. I am sure some have had much better luck with GameFly than I have though I'd definitely suggest everyone make sure their games can be fully installed before their return period is up.
That sucks. Yeah, similarly avoiding Gamefly after they sent me a cracked disc. You mean the game won't even start up? The PS4 doesn't let you install games entirely (I wish it did like the 360).

That sucks. Yeah, similarly avoiding Gamefly after they sent me a cracked disc. You mean the game won't even start up? The PS4 doesn't let you install games entirely (I wish it did like the 360).
It does start up, actually -- it just stops at a certain point during the background installation, meaning that the game becomes unplayable a certain point after the tutorial mission. Watch Dogs 2 has a "Global Installation Progress" meter in the Main Menu which tells you when the game is fully installed. In my case, it just stops at a certain percentage and won't continue regardless of how long I leave the game running (and there is no noise from the disc drive, so it is not even attempting to copy anything). I tried various troubleshooting steps (rebuilding database, installing with and without the update patch, installing on another PS4) and it stops at the same point, so I can only assume that it's a problem with the disc.

The PS4 does actually install games completely, too, though you usually have to leave the disc in there a while before it copies everything and it won't tell you when it's done other than the disc not spinning anymore (unless it has a meter like Watch Dogs 2 does or requires you to wait for every file to be copied before allowing you to play). My process for completely installing most games involves putting the disc into the drive, letting it complete the small installation which is required to start the game, then sitting at the main menu for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. At some point, the drive will stop spinning, indicating that the system has copied everything it needed to from the disc and from that point, it will only spin the disc when it is first inserted to read the license and start the game then use the files copied on the drive to play the game.

That's my understanding of how it works, at least, and I usually go through that process instead of just playing the game while letting it install in the background because I'd rather give the system time to finish with the disc so I can play uninterrupted without waiting for something to install. It also, in the case of GameFly games or used games in general, tells me if the disc is good because if it isn't, I usually get a blue screen error at some point during the background installation telling me the disc is damaged or dirty when it reaches a part of the disc that can't be read. I am not sure why Watch Dogs 2 isn't giving me the same error message, but from what I have read, the game should normally continue to install until it's finished.

It could have just been a bad disc from the manufacturer, as I have read about others with the same issue who bought the game new, so I cannot say with complete certainty that it is due to GameFly's (or their rental customers') handling of the disc but the fact that every disc I've had an issue with since purchasing a PS4 about 2 years ago has been from GameFly hasn't made me very confident that they aren't to blame for some of the bad disc problems or at the least, don't do very thorough quality checks when they get the discs back.

The PS4 does actually install games completely, too, though you usually have to leave the disc in there a while before it copies everything and it won't tell you when it's done other than the disc not spinning anymore (unless it has a meter like Watch Dogs 2 does or requires you to wait for every file to be copied before allowing you to play). My process for completely installing most games involves putting the disc into the drive, letting it complete the small installation which is required to start the game, then sitting at the main menu for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. At some point, the drive will stop spinning, indicating that the system has copied everything it needed to from the disc and from that point, it will only spin the disc when it is first inserted to read the license and start the game then use the files copied on the drive to play the game.

That's my understanding of how it works, at least, and I usually go through that process instead of just playing the game while letting it install in the background because I'd rather give the system time to finish with the disc so I can play uninterrupted without waiting for something to install. It also, in the case of GameFly games or used games in general, tells me if the disc is good because if it isn't, I usually get a blue screen error at some point during the background installation telling me the disc is damaged or dirty when it reaches a part of the disc that can't be read. I am not sure why Watch Dogs 2 isn't giving me the same error message, but from what I have read, the game should normally continue to install until it's finished.
That's cool - I didn't know the PS4 did that. That certainly explains the huge storage space every game takes.

I hope you can get a refund. That certainly sounds like there is something wrong with your disc.

bread's done
Back