GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kouleefoh']People please buy up all the Infamous 2 before I give in.[/QUOTE]

lol i'm trying to resist and wait for it to drop lower, too.

I was about to bite on GoW 3 but then I realized it's a hugely popular 360 title and the disc would probably be badly scratched. Every PS3 game I've gotten from GameFly has looked perfect, while the majority of the 360 discs were pretty scratched up. Oh well, there will probably be a GOTY edition at some point.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I just started GOW3 and it is fun. If you are an Achievement whore or completionist this game will drive you bonkers though. Too many 4 player co-op achievements plus Seriously 3.0 is ridiculous. Many of them are also stupid horde achievements that require the entire squad to be certain characters on certain maps. At this point you will be lucky to get 1000 points...unfortunately there are now 2000 points for this game alone. They were the first game allowed to do this and they blew it IMO.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see how they blew it. I've gotten Like 1720 out of it so far. Most of the achievements are easy as hell and aside from Seriously 3.0, most of them are achievable without much of an effort.

I do agree the " beat 10 waves as certain characters" and similar achievements are dumb, though..

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I really don't see how they blew it. I've gotten Like 1720 out of it so far. Most of the achievements are easy as hell and aside from Seriously 3.0, most of them are achievable without much of an effort.

I do agree the " beat 10 waves as certain characters" and similar achievements are dumb, though..[/QUOTE]

Blew it is an overstatement. My perspective is more from someone who does not game much with other people in my group so the 4-player co-op achievements suck for me. I counted about 450 points where you absolutely need 2 people (although 60 of those could be done with a 2nd controller) and most of the points need 3-4 other players. I am 37 and in reality I do not have many friends that game (I love gaming though so I do not care). Heck most of my friends list are my nephews and their friends but honestly they could care less about achievements. So in the end my gripe is only with co-op achievements and not with GOW. I will agree that blew it was too harsh.

I definitely agree then. I truly don't feel you should NEED to play with other people to get an achievement, nor do I believe you should have to play with 4 other players, all using the same character(or something as equally dumb) to get an achievement.

It didn't bother me as much with Gears because I know I'm never getting Seriously 3.0 anyway, ha.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I definitely agree then. I truly don't feel you should NEED to play with other people to get an achievement, nor do I believe you should have to play with 4 other players, all using the same character(or something as equally dumb) to get an achievement.

It didn't bother me as much with Gears because I know I'm never getting Seriously 3.0 anyway, ha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a lot of respect for anyone who gets Seriously 3.0 legit...heck even boosting some of those Onyx medals are insane.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally got my Deus Ex, great condition (like the PS3 games usually are)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Knock on wood, I have yet to receive a defective game from them.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally got my Deus Ex, great condition (like the PS3 games usually are)[/QUOTE]

got my Deux Ex for 360 in perfect condition. what a steal.

*shakes fist* haven't yet. Probably tomorrow. Was hoping it was shipped at a close location and I get it early. Guess not. That or my mail man saw me spying and wanted to torture me.

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']any chance of infamous 2 coming back in stock today? or could i sign up for a free month then rent it and keep it for that price?[/QUOTE]

If you can get them to ship it out within the next hour, then you can keep it at the sale price, but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='brandtron8000']If you can get them to ship it out within the next hour, then you can keep it at the sale price, but I wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks i'll just keep checking hoping it comes back before the next games tonight

It looks like I almost missed Infamous 2. I've been waiting since november for it to be this price again. It appears to have gone out of stock shortly after I ordered it.
I also noticed Resistance 3 was only $19.99, and almost bit on that. But I just have too much to play through right now, and it was a stretch even picking up Infamous 2.

[quote name='hkfooie']It looks like I almost missed Infamous 2. I've been waiting since november for it to be this price again. It appears to have gone out of stock shortly after I ordered it.
I also noticed Resistance 3 was only $19.99, and almost bit on that. But I just have too much to play through right now, and it was a stretch even picking up Infamous 2.[/QUOTE]

by the way with a bb unlocked coupon it's $15 at Bestbuy

[quote name='Namerson']by the way with a bb unlocked coupon it's $15 at Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Also btw, Gamefly will include the online pass with R3. Buying it used at BB is a gamble as far as an online pass goes (not to mention cover art or manual). So the extra $5 might be worth it to some, seeing as how the pass is $10 on psn.

[quote name='brandtron8000']Also btw, Gamefly will include the online pass with R3. Buying it used at BB is a gamble as far as an online pass goes (not to mention cover art or manual). So the extra $5 might be worth it to some, seeing as how the pass is $10 on psn.[/QUOTE]

Wow they always do? I just made my first purchase with Gamefly (inFamous 2) so I wouldn't know. I guess they can't just leave the online passes lying around when they buy the games for the company huh.

[quote name='Namerson']Wow they always do? I just made my first purchase with Gamefly (inFamous 2) so I wouldn't know. I guess they can't just leave the online passes lying around when they buy the games for the company huh.[/QUOTE]

with gamefly, the case and manual and all the other contents are basically new since the disks come out and they stash the cases until the game sells.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I'm bored at work Cheapy. How about another round of "Cheapy's Gamefly Sale Hints"? Riddle us, oh sphinx of sales![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Cheapy, hints for tonight? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Hints Cheapy?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:$ Hints are posted around the same time every night guys

[quote name='Lucky13']:whistle2:$ Hints are posted around the same time every night guys[/QUOTE]

Right. Unless Cheapy passes out on his bathroom floor after taking a monster dump and watching Jersey Shore on his iPad.

Don't be enRaged by my tardiness. Resistance to tonight's deals is futile. These games won't make for Bad Company.

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't be enRaged by my tardiness. Resistance to tonight's deals is futile. These games won't make for Bad Company.[/QUOTE]

If R3 is $15 I'm gonna buy it. My BB copy didn't have a online pass

[quote name='BiggNick']Well Rage has been at $12.99 for awhile now, so if it's sub-$10 I'll pick it up[/QUOTE]

Same here, I almost bought it a couple of days ago.

Snagged R3. It'll go well with my unplayed copies for R1 and R2 I bought last year in the double pack from BB for something like $10.

Now I just need to sit down and do a marathon play through of all 3.

I should probably snag Bad Company 2 for my girlfriend's Dad. She wanted to get him a war game as I was telling her about this and how she could probably get it cheap.

bread's done
Back