GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
picked up ace combat and naruto. time to return my ps3 copy of ace combat.
never watched the naruto cartoon but gameplay looks fun. there was a girl in my perspective drawing class that wore a naruto headband. random.

This.

[quote name='eXiON']Wouldn't recommend it, the whole stats decay crap really screws with Career Mode. I haven't played Undisputed 3 but EA Sports MMA was freaking good compared to the Undisputed 2k9/2k10, it's just too bad they purchased Pride FC, so no more EA MMA :(.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eXiON']Wouldn't recommend it, the whole stats decay crap really screws with Career Mode. I haven't played Undisputed 3 but EA Sports MMA was freaking good compared to the Undisputed 2k9/2k10, it's just too bad they purchased Pride FC, so no more EA MMA :(.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying about the games (I like the striking system better in the UFC games, but the ground system is far better in the EA games), but the UFC bought Pride a long time ago.

They recently bought Strikeforce, which is what killed the EA MMA franchise.

It's all because UFC (Dana White) approached EA years ago about doing a game, EA laughed in their faces, and well the UFC holds a grudge.

The UFC games have the most familiar fighters to most people, but that's about it.

Just beat Naruto and I have to say is I hope Naruto:Generations continues with the story mode. The presentation is amazing and fun, my girl even got into watching me play it. After you complete the main story, after the credits run thru the game lets you go back and complete all the side missions to unlock more characters like Killer B.

[quote name='Shimrra']Just beat Naruto and I have to say is I hope Naruto:Generations continues with the story mode. The presentation is amazing and fun, my girl even got into watching me play it. After you complete the main story, after the credits run thru the game lets you go back and complete all the side missions to unlock more characters like Killer B.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the real sticking point of UNS1 and 2, the boss fights, didnt make it into Generations. And theres no free-roam anymore, it simply skips to the battles with cutscenes in between.

[quote name='parrothead87']anyone try supremacy mma?[/QUOTE]
i played it awhile back when it first came out and it wasnt good, the controls felt awkward and it wasnt really fun losing every starting match. It also doesnt do a very good job on telling you how to do certain things, most of the time i was getting my ass handed to me because i didnt no if i was countering a grapple correctly or my counters were getting countered itself. There is too much trial and error in regards to gameplay and the combat isnt as fluid for someone new to this kinda game. i wouldnt really recommend it unless you really have nothing else to play

I'm really surprised I've been able to resist these sales lol, I've seen quite a few games that I kinda want, at obviously great prices, but I've got such a backlog already I'll wait and hopefully they'll be this cheap again when I have less of a backlog.

The ones that interest me that are on sale now are Ace Combat, Forza 3, and Hunted.

I literally just bought Ace Combat for $20 on clearance at target. Glad I held onto the receipt and my mega backlog prevented me from opening it yet. Might as well save $8.

Is First Templar really as awful as I've heard or is there $10 of enjoyment in there?

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']I absolutely hate that this is the first comment after Cheapys post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That guy definitely needs to go back and edit his post every time Cheapy updates the OP so that the second post is always topical. Or not.

[quote name='salty tbone']Yeah. That guy definitely needs to go back and edit his post every time Cheapy updates the OP so that the second post is always topical. Or not.[/QUOTE]

Or he can delete it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I literally just bought Ace Combat for $20 on clearance at target. Glad I held onto the receipt and my mega backlog prevented me from opening it yet. Might as well save $8.

Is First Templar really as awful as I've heard or is there $10 of enjoyment in there?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely mediocre. That said, I am enjoying it so far. Try the demo if you can and see if it's something that interests you. I liked the demo and it's been worth $10 so far to me. It might be beatable in a day though, if you have the time.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Or he can delete it.[/QUOTE]

When he does, he'd better PM every post after his so that they'll delete theirs since they don't sync with the OP. Or Cheapy could just lock this thread and start a new one every day so that folks here with delicate sensibilities won't have to be burdened by out-of-date posts.

VITA POST ALERT! Please ignore if you're not interested.

For what its worth, I got my "like new" $187 vita from AWD last night and it has a HUGE divot in the middle of the screen. Its like someone stabbed it with a knitting needle or something. Like new, my ass. Its going right back. It even has an "inspected by warehouse" sticker on the box. Inspector Clouseau, perhaps?

[quote name='mariomarino']come on Killzone 3 for $9.99... be there[/QUOTE]

Just a heads-up, you can get it for ~$11 shipped from gohastings right now (used). SPRINGSAVINGS gives you 30% off.

Debating about Forza 3 and/or Naruto. I haven't played any of them before but I'm in the mood for those kind of games. AC:AH is a heck of a game at that price. It's a steal.

Just got inFamous 2 in the mail. This was my first Gamefly purchase and I was surprised at how almost new the disc looks. I will definitely buy from them again.

[quote name='Namerson']Just got inFamous 2 in the mail. This was my first Gamefly purchase and I was surprised at how almost new the disc looks. I will definitely buy from them again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used to have them many years ago and I purchased Castlevania DS which was flawless no scratches on the cartridge or label. BUT when I purchased GoW 2 it was scratched. :oops: Luckily my local mom&pop shop fixed it to like new status.

The Last Crusade update. I recently finished the game, and I thought it was decent. Played it off and on for about three days. JUST A HEADS UP the ending sucks. It just ends abruptly. I heard they were working on a sequel, but I doubt I play it. This game didn't seem finished, and it needed some more polish.

Got :ps3:Naruto UNS2 in the mail yesterday and has some minor chips around the edges. Unfortunately game data gets stuck at 24% and fails. A message pops up saying the game data is corrupted and the game has to close.

Of my 10 purchases from gamefly in the last 5 months, this is the only game to not install properly (thought I haven't actually played most of them). I submitted a purchase problem so i can get a refund, but I'd still like to have the game. Oh well.

If you picked up The Cursed Crusade; you can finish it, and trade it in quickly. I traded my copy with the 10% GCU at Best Buy and received $11. They might be doing a promo, but I don't know. One game has never made me so mad, lol. As I was trading in the game, my coworker mentioned, "Where did you get this game from? I never even heard of this game." I thought that was pretty funny.

lol an employee said the same thing to me when i traded in Majin and the forsaken kingdom.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If you picked up The Cursed Crusade; you can finish it, and trade it in quickly. I traded my copy with the 10% GCU at Best Buy and received $11. They might be doing a promo, but I don't know. One game has never made me so mad, lol. As I was trading in the game, my coworker mentioned, "Where did you get this game from? I never even heard of this game." I thought that was pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InFaM0uS_J2']Yeah, I used to have them many years ago and I purchased Castlevania DS which was flawless no scratches on the cartridge or label. BUT when I purchased GoW 2 it was scratched.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. More people rent Gears of War than Castlevania.

is Forza 3 worth it if I have a big backlog? Is there an inevitable Platinum Hits version of Forza 4 in the pipeline coming with all the DLC?

[quote name='kjs7']is Forza 3 worth it if I have a big backlog? Is there an inevitable Platinum Hits version of Forza 4 in the pipeline coming with all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes but not any time soon.

Totally forgot how slow Gamefly shipping can be when u order only one game. I should have ordered 2 Ace Combat. It'd have been faster to find someone to buy the extra copy off craigslist. haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Totally forgot how slow Gamefly shipping can be when u order only one game. I should have ordered 2 Ace Combat. It'd have been faster to find someone to buy the extra copy off craigslist. haha[/QUOTE]

Shipping isn't always faster if you order more than one game. I ordered 2 copies of the same games a while ago and it had the same slow shipping speed, but they were shipped from 2 different warehouses.

[quote name='sunghost']Shipping isn't always faster if you order more than one game. I ordered 2 copies of the same games a while ago and it had the same slow shipping speed, but they were shipped from 2 different warehouses.[/QUOTE]

Oh i see. I guess ive always gotten them together. It always arrived within 2-3 days

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol an employee said the same thing to me when i traded in Majin and the forsaken kingdom.[/QUOTE]

Lol, isn't that the best? I wonder what would happen if I brought in a copy of NBA Elite to trade in? ;) I don't have a copy, but it would be funny to see the look on their faces.

bread's done
Back