GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Pursuit worth $10?

[quote name='mrclutch']I thought there was no new deals on the weekend.[/QUOTE]

This is the first Friday sale I can recall, but there are definitely deals tonight.

[quote name='odd mr t']That's normal price for Driver on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

You sure? I could have sworn it was higher the other day, and last week the PS3 version was on sale, but not the Xbox version.

Plus, I just ordered it with free shipping. Doesn't that only apply to nightly deals?

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']You sure? I could have sworn it was higher the other day, and last week the PS3 version was on sale, but not the Xbox version.

Plus, I just ordered it with free shipping. Doesn't that only apply to nightly deals?[/QUOTE]

I't been that price for a couple weeks at least. PS3 went to that price for a nightly deal then went back up.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Thanks. Won't miss Need For Speed this time. Will be the first NFS game I've bought in like 9 years.[/QUOTE]

Ya I grabbed it too. I don't love ordering 360 games from Gamefly, every one I've bought has been pretty scratched, but they've all installed and played fine so I'll give them another chance.

Was NFS: HP $10 in a previous sale?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya I grabbed it too. I don't love ordering 360 games from Gamefly, every one I've bought has been pretty scratched, but they've all installed and played fine so I'll give them another chance.

Was NFS: HP $10 in a previous sale?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was recently, but I bought it from GF around Christmas for $10.

[quote name='odd mr t']Not sure if it was recently, but I bought it from GF around Christmas for $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought maybe the lowest it had ever been was $12.99, simply because I'm surprised I haven't actually bought it yet. But now I'm thinking I probably bought 1-3 other games when NFS:HP dropped to $10, so NFS:HP was the odd game out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks. I thought maybe the lowest it had ever been was $12.99, simply because I'm surprised I haven't actually bought it yet. But now I'm thinking I probably bought 1-3 other games when NFS:HP dropped to $10, so NFS:HP was the odd game out.[/QUOTE]

yeah, there were some crazy good deals in December. I ended up with quite a few.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Is Deus Ex good?? It's tempting at $9.[/QUOTE]

Deus ex is indeed worth it. It is very hard though. It gave me a slight batman arkham city vibe (notice I said slight).

[quote name='johnoralex']Deus ex is indeed worth it. It is very hard though. It gave me a slight batman arkham city vibe (notice I said slight).[/QUOTE]

"Hard" in a throw your controller across the room way or just challenging? Is there an easy/casual setting? Unfortunately, my gaming time is limited due to work and family. Responsibilities! I find myself starting many games, but finishing few.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Fries or Chips with your order tonite ?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it, because chipped discs! Hahaha this is brand new!

[quote name='dogfishfiend']"Hard" in a throw your controller across the room way or just challenging? Is there an easy/casual setting? Unfortunately, my gaming time is limited due to work and family. Responsibilities! I find myself starting many games, but finishing few.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Demon's/Dark Souls hard, but it can feel that way on the "Give me Deus Ex" setting (aka Hard difficulty). And yes, there is an easy difficulty setting, but that doesn't mean you can just run-and-gun your way through the game. You'll still get cut down, just not as fast.

Basically, the game doesn't hold your hand at any point.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Is Deus Ex good?? It's tempting at $9.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex is a great game. I paid full price for it on day 1 and didn't regret it.
I also don't think it was that "hard" - it's just a thinking person's game. Not a run and gun. I had a lot of fun with it.

I am also reminded that I need to get it back from mg GF - I bought the DLC for it last time it was on sale and haven't played it yet.

Amazon is going to have the PC download of DE:HR for $6/$8 (Augmented) in the next couple weeks, and I'd rather play it on PC so I'll wait for that.

Anyone know if NFS:HP still has many people playing online? I still have it but haven't jumped into a race for a while.

For those interested, you can get deus ex and NFS Hot pursuit new for $10 each if you have some cheapgames to trade in to target.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']
Anyone know if NFS:HP still has many people playing online? I still have it but haven't jumped into a race for a while.[/QUOTE]

I played for a couple hours last month and it never took more than a couple minutes to get a full lobby.

Pretty sure I bought both PS3 and 360 versions last December (and maybe once more after trading), and received at least one of them in the form of the Limited Edition.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I played for a couple hours last month and it never took more than a couple minutes to get a full lobby.

Pretty sure I bought both PS3 and 360 versions last December (and maybe once more after trading), and received at least one of them in the form of the Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

What does the limited edition include?

The Limited Edition came with several "exclusive" cars and a couple of extra events. And Deus Ex is a absolute steal at $10. Probably one of my favs for 2011.

[quote name='kobeisgod']For those interested, you can get deus ex and NFS Hot pursuit new for $10 each if you have some cheapgames to trade in to target.[/QUOTE]
And LA Noire complete.

It really sucks GameFly has such a small stock of PS3 games. Every time there's a good price for a game I want it's for 360 or costs slightly more on PS3.

Grabbed Deux Ex. Backlog is getting a little ridiculous (by my standards, not CAG standards), but $10.60 for a relatively new game with a metacritic score of 89 is too good to pass up.

[quote name='Prinny Vassal']does anyone know if you get the outer sleeve when buying games like deus ex, which when know comes with a sleeve over the case?[/QUOTE]

I'm 2 for 2 on getting the sleeves, on Deus Ex and Halo Anniversary. So ya, you'll probably get it.

[quote name='Prinny Vassal']does anyone know if you get the outer sleeve when buying games like deus ex, which when know comes with a sleeve over the case?[/QUOTE]

I got the sleeve when I purchased brink, but when I purchased deus ex I did not get it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']that's why ya go multiconsole ;)[/QUOTE]

In this day and age, you have to. For instance, I couldn't imagine not being able to play the infamous series if I didn't own a PS3. I recently added a gaming desktop to my gaming consoles, and I love it. I've been able to get some games on the cheap Sonic Generations, Witcher 2, and the Crysis series.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']In this day and age, you have to. For instance, I couldn't imagine not being able to play the infamous series if I didn't own a PS3. I recently added a gaming desktop to my gaming consoles, and I love it. I've been able to get some games on the cheap Sonic Generations, Witcher 2, and the Crysis series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's already killing me that I decided to wait for the first re-design on 3DS and Vita. That's taking some willpower lol

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']In this day and age, you have to. For instance, I couldn't imagine not being able to play the infamous series if I didn't own a PS3. I recently added a gaming desktop to my gaming consoles, and I love it. I've been able to get some games on the cheap Sonic Generations, Witcher 2, and the Crysis series.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of downloadable games, and both PSN and XBLA have some can't miss titles that I'd be dying if I couldn't play as well.

That's another advantage about having multi consoles. If one has to go out for repair, you can always use the other system in the meantime. My girl and I switch between consoles quite often. One day we're playing Rayman Origins, and the next we're playing Catherine.

Hot Pursuit is a great game from a technical standpoint. Criterion did a great job optimizing the game for both the 360 and PS3. As for the game itself it was pretty fun(playing in short amounts at a time) but could had been better(it gets repetitive doing basically the same things later on in the game).

if you are a fan of sci-fi or WRPGs this gen (or both) you owe it to yourself to play Deus Ex. easily the best game of last year as far as single player goes.

bread's done
Back