Gamefly deal for subscribers.

okill

CAGiversary!
So, I signed up for Gamefly using the 15 day free trial with $10 Papa John card only to find I didn't like the service at all. Even with the new shipping center in Pittsburgh it was to slow to Indiana and the selection on new games was horrible. However, I have no clue if this has been posted before but when I was cancelling my membership an offer appeared stating that if I decided to stay they would only charge me $14.95 for the next month of service, 30% off the normal $22.95. So basically, even if you have no intent on cancelling the service just act like you want to and save $8 for that month.... not a bad deal at all. Again, sorry if this is a repost

I just got a deal in the mail where if I subscribed I'd get 20% if I stayed for the year. To me that's a rather big investment. If only Gamefly had more netflixish prices.

[quote name='mitch079']I guess, you say they sucked and yet they got you to stay on for another month.[/quote]

I must clarify: I didn't stay, but what im saying is for ppl who do like the service and wish to continue they can just say they want to cancel but save $8 and never cancel.

[quote name='okill']So, I signed up for Gamefly using the 15 day free trial with $10 Papa John card only to find I didn't like the service at all. Even with the new shipping center in Pittsburgh it was to slow to Indiana and the selection on new games was horrible. However, I have no clue if this has been posted before but when I was cancelling my membership an offer appeared stating that if I decided to stay they would only charge me $14.95 for the next month of service, 30% off the normal $22.95. So basically, even if you have no intent on cancelling the service just act like you want to and save $8 for that month.... not a bad deal at all. Again, sorry if this is a repost[/QUOTE]

Strange that you was getting bad shipping times from Pittsburgh to Indiana. I'm also in Indiana (Evansville) and get games in 2 days to or from.

who knows,. slow to them might be 2-3 days

and its always been like this. I doubt you will ever get this offer again though its a one time deal

[quote name='Smiley79']Strange that you was getting bad shipping times from Pittsburgh to Indiana. I'm also in Indiana (Evansville) and get games in 2 days to or from.[/QUOTE]
Same here in Indy. And since blockbuster charges $7.99 for a game rental here, I much prefer gamefly.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, which is about 5 hours from their LA distribution center, yet games take 3-4 days each way. Did their shipping just get shittier over the years? When I had them several years ago it would take 2 days MAX each way.

when i was in MD the shipping time was on average 5 days for them to get the game and 5 days for them to ship one to me for a total of 10 days.... when i was in CA i tried it again and it as 10+ days total to getting the game and of the 4 games that i tried to get 2 of them were lost in the mail and they tried to charge me for them when i canceled... they suck!

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I live in Phoenix, AZ, which is about 5 hours from their LA distribution center, yet games take 3-4 days each way. Did their shipping just get shittier over the years? When I had them several years ago it would take 2 days MAX each way.[/QUOTE]

Their shipping is way too slow...I live outside philly and it takes 5-6 days to get a game...Drop it in the mailbox on monday, don't get the new one until saturday...So for 6 out of the 7 days of the week, I have no game...It sucks...Takes too long for them to process games in Q too...It's a good idea, but they need to do express mailers or something like that....

[quote name='guyver2077']i keep them around for their unbeatable used game prices...[/quote]

Yeah, I just rented Command & Conquer 3 and I decided to keep it for $41. Can't beat that. Game is in pristine condition and it only came out a couple weeks ago.

Im now going to go with the Blockbuster Game Pass since I can literally see the Blockbuster front door from my upstairs window lol. So, I won't spend any money in gas and if I dont like a game I can walk right back over and grab a new one.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I live in Phoenix, AZ, which is about 5 hours from their LA distribution center, yet games take 3-4 days each way. Did their shipping just get shittier over the years? When I had them several years ago it would take 2 days MAX each way.[/quote]

I was wondering if I was the only in Phoenix experiencing this. A year ago, I could stick something in the mail and get a new game in maybe 2-4 days tops. Now if I stick it in the mail on Monday, it can sometimes be the NEXT Monday before I receive a game.

I sent them an email and received a standard response. I think I may be cancelling soon.

[quote name='okill']Im now going to go with the Blockbuster Game Pass since I can literally see the Blockbuster front door from my upstairs window lol. So, I won't spend any money in gas and if I dont like a game I can walk right back over and grab a new one.[/QUOTE]

for newer systems that would be nice BUT If you want PSP or DS games your mostly stuck with gamefly. LOL do you keep looking out the window waiting for people to drop stuff off : )

Man if i had a blockbuster next door i would take that 5.99 Snack card deal. I would return a online movie ever day a get a free snack

what i do is make sure to have an empty slot when a game i want comes out...

then i just keep it now... and i get to keep the new game and they send the case..

on top of that i get 10% off

bread's done
Back