Gamefly Delivery issues

theq87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I ordered Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne about a week ago and got the confirmation email that it had been shipped as of 4/06. I ordered Star Ocean 3 about 2 days later, and have since received it.

No sign of Nocturne, which leads me to believe there was (obviously) a problem with the delivery. Gamefly's policy states that you can email them about such a problem after a week (which I will do tommorow). However, it seems to be in regards to their rental service, which isn't my issue. I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar problem and what came of it.

I mean, I hope to get a refund or whatever, but realistically, how do they know I'm not just trying to scam them? Do they use delivery confirmation?

Right, I got that far, and I'm not supposed to report it to them for another day. I'm just wondering if anybody's had a similar experience, and the outcome. Thanks.

hmm can't say i've ever had that problem, I just ordered Baten Kaitos on the 7th and got it on the 12th, along with my rentals. Just contact customer support, which i'm pretty sure you've done or are about to.

I sent back 2 games about 3 weeks ago and they never recieved them. I emailed them, and within a day, they sent out the next 2 games in my list. It seems that many games are lost either to or from them.

I tried their service for a month and a half, and was only able to rent four games because of the lousy turnaround time. Of those four, two disappeared in the mail when I tried to return them. Their customer service was good and didn't charge me for either of them. But I wonder how wise it is to color their envelopes a bright orange color with the GF logo on them - kind of screams "Game inside, steal me..." to anyone who might see it.

The wait time is extremely long if you live on the East Coast. Is it any better on the West Coast? Let me get back to the point though. If you have 1 or 2 games get lost or stolen, they handle it OK. If you have more then that, I'd imagine they'd suspend your account, because they don't want to lose money. They should put tracking as that would help a lot. Obviously if you have a postal employee or neighbor with sticky fingers, then you are out of luck.

I live in MN, when I buy games from them they usually come in 3-4 days... But SMT has been MIA for over a week.

thinking about their 15 day trial. seems like it wouldnt be worth it based on issues. anyone interested the trial code is "5psk15"

So apparently this is a common thing for SMT orders....I'm not too worried then; I'll probably just email them about it tommorow and see what they say.

I was basically just confused since the game I ordered later got here first, but yeah, it sounds like they're gonna have to address a lot of concerns about SMT.

This has happened to me once. I e-mailed them about a game that hadn't arrived although it had shipped days earlier. It was around Thanksgiving. They shipped out a replacement copy on the very day the "missing" game arrived.

So...has anybody with the same problem as me received their copy of SMT:N or received any word from Gamefly? I e-mailed them yesterday and haven't heard back; just wondering if anybody else knows anything.

bread's done
Back