GameFly Games For Life/XBox 360 Broken?

saigumi

CAGiversary!
Ok.. I just won an XBox 360 over at Gamefly- http://www.gamefly.com/goldendisc/ . But I'm near sure their system is broken as the list is filling up fast.

In the rules, it says that there will be 42 xboxes given away. There is way more than that in the list of winners now.

Anyhow....

Well, I went back to the page and it looks like my name is gone from the winners list.... hrm.

yo did you check if the same names were on the list because stuff like that happens to me,

i got an email from some random website and they held all my information, my last name, middle name, like state and city, it was weird..

Yeah.. like I said, yesterday, I'm guessing it broke, because when I won there were about 20 people on the winners list. Then I refreshed the page and there were about 50.... which since they were giving out only one a day was odd.

Then I refreshed the last time and just the one was there.

This was all in the span of about 15 minutes.

I guess they figured out the problem fast and started fixing it. I haven't received any emails yet from them. I'm expecting one to appologize for the technical error at least and one saying that they would honor all of the winners during the broken time at best.

[quote name='saigumi']Yeah.. like I said, yesterday, I'm guessing it broke, because when I won there were about 20 people on the winners list. Then I refreshed the page and there were about 50.... which since they were giving out only one a day was odd.

Then I refreshed the last time and just the one was there.

This was all in the span of about 15 minutes.

I guess they figured out the problem fast and started fixing it. I haven't received any emails yet from them. I'm expecting one to appologize for the technical error at least and one saying that they would honor all of the winners during the broken time at best.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so you actually think you will receive an X360 because of their error? I highly doubt they are going to honor that mistake. I'm going to say that you will be extremely lucky to even get an email apologizing for the mistake.

I'd at least send them an e-mail with your screen cap asking when you will be receiving official info on how to claim your prize. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. Maybe you can at least weasel a month or three of free service out of them.

Hell tell them you ran around the house screaming in joy (like that guy in the background of the Every10Minutes commercial...) and quickly called your local EB to switch your pre-order over to a couple games. You were #4 on the list and now you won't be able to buy a 360 until 2006!

The only winner listed now is a David A. from Pacific Palisades, and the page says the contest is down for repairs.

[quote name='shipwreck']Wow, so you actually think you will receive an X360 because of their error? I highly doubt they are going to honor that mistake. I'm going to say that you will be extremely lucky to even get an email apologizing for the mistake.[/QUOTE]

At best, yes. But the odds of that are the same as the odds of actually winning the system itself. Being a realist, I was just expecting a "Sorry, we goofed. You are SOL." that nearly every company under the sun would send. No illusions of getting an XBox 360.

Still, I got a mail today from them instead of a 360, they explained the error and gave me a 12 months of 3-game checkouts. Dang nice considering that I have the 2-game out subscription now and it's $22 a month. Definitely a nice way to handle the situation that isn't as expensive to them to fufill but is monetarilly as big a one to me, the consumer.

I'm just as happy as I already have a 360 bundle pre-ordered at CostCo.

[quote name='saigumi']Still, I got a mail today from them instead of a 360, they explained the error and gave me a 12 months of 3-game checkouts. Dang nice considering that I have the 2-game out subscription now and it's $22 a month. Definitely a nice way to handle the situation that isn't as expensive to them to fufill but is monetarilly as big a one to me, the consumer.
[/QUOTE]

So they sent that offer unprompted without you inquiring as to WTF was up? My (already pretty good) impression of Gamefly just went up a few notches.

[quote name='saigumi']At best, yes. But the odds of that are the same as the odds of actually winning the system itself. Being a realist, I was just expecting a "Sorry, we goofed. You are SOL." that nearly every company under the sun would send. No illusions of getting an XBox 360.

Still, I got a mail today from them instead of a 360, they explained the error and gave me a 12 months of 3-game checkouts. Dang nice considering that I have the 2-game out subscription now and it's $22 a month. Definitely a nice way to handle the situation that isn't as expensive to them to fufill but is monetarilly as big a one to me, the consumer.

I'm just as happy as I already have a 360 bundle pre-ordered at CostCo.[/QUOTE]

man, that is awesome that they hooked you up like that. How much is the 3 game out at a time package? I feel like a free year of that is almost equal to value as the xbox 360. Congrats on the prize.

What xbox 360 games are you putting in the queue?

[quote name='Nematode']man, that is awesome that they hooked you up like that. How much is the 3 game out at a time package? I feel like a free year of that is almost equal to value as the xbox 360. Congrats on the prize.

What xbox 360 games are you putting in the queue?[/QUOTE]

lucky SOB 3 games at a time is 29.95 per month

i entered it monday and got 2 lines pop up (thought i won, but then it said you didnt win DOH!!

bread's done
Back