Gamefly Gift Certificate 3 month - 2 games out - $36.50 + tax

Yeah they changed it to 3 months for $36 I believe last month.  I'm glad they did to because they were slowly raising the 2 month certificate.  It was up to $30 for 2 months before they changed it, so yeah good deal!

Just went to re-up my Gamefly subscription with a certificate and noticed its become a better deal then it was previously (last time I bought a 2 month certificate for $29.92)

36.50/3 = $12.12

28/2 = $14

The one game at a time is 26.95 for 3 months (about 9 bucks a month)

It's not much but it saves a few bucks.

http://www.gamefly.com/Gift-Certificate/Buy/
heads up gamefly has the right not to honor the GC if you use it on a membership.. says NEW MEMBERS ONLY

^ Didn't know about the "New members only" stipulation.  I've been using gift certificates for about a year now and this one added to my account no problem.

Thanks! Never knew about this deal and it saved me a shit ton of money since I've been a member for three years. Wish I'd known before.

Are the prices always this low or is it just for holidays?

Thanks! Never knew about this deal and it saved me a shit ton of money since I've been a member for three years. Wish I'd known before.

Are the prices always this low or is it just for holidays?
Just for the holiday(s). They usually do one of these sales around Thanksgiving/Christmas, but this is the first year I've seen the "new users only" stipulation stated above. If you have a long standing account, be cautious.

^ Didn't know about the "New members only" stipulation. I've been using gift certificates for about a year now and this one added to my account no problem.
Hm. One more people to confirm this and I'll bite. I'm running on my free month membership and I'd be down for the 3 month certificate for the 1 disc at a time. Essentially $9 a month, which I would do, apposed to $16 a month, which I wouldn't do.

I bought a 3 month certificate about 2 weeks ago. Talked to customer service thru the online chat and he told me that gift certificates apply to current members as well even though it isnt advertised. Been redeeming gift certificates for about a year now and not one single issue

Hm. One more people to confirm this and I'll bite. I'm running on my free month membership and I'd be down for the 3 month certificate for the 1 disc at a time. Essentially $9 a month, which I would do, apposed to $16 a month, which I wouldn't do.
Confirmed my own doubt. I bit and bought 3 months of the 1-disc plan for about $30 after tax and was able to redeem it no problem.

I might as well add another confirmation, for anyone still nervous.  I've been redeeming these for about a year as well, went to do so again today and noticed that New Members Only part, and got concerned.  After seeing that it was still working for some people, I went ahead and tried my luck - No problem.  Still able to add onto current members accounts.

I also just purchased a Gift Card and added it to my account without any incident. Just thought I'd add to anyone on the fence still ;)

I might as well add another confirmation, for anyone still nervous. I've been redeeming these for about a year as well, went to do so again today and noticed that New Members Only part, and got concerned. After seeing that it was still working for some people, I went ahead and tried my luck - No problem. Still able to add onto current members accounts.
you can add it BUT If gamefly wants they can CANCEL your account. I never seen it done yet but gamefly says if someone abuse the system they can cancel the account.

Im about to cancel my account after being with them for 4 years. I only do handhelds and there is NOTHING at all coming out in DEC or JAN and it would be a waste to keep it

I would come back in feb for

• Bravely Default
    Release: 2/7/14
    3DS

• but the more i look at the time maybe not ..

3ds..
    1 game in feb
    then nothing until april

vita
    2 games in feb then nothing until april.

maybe i be leaving for longer then i thought

Last edited by a moderator:
heads up gamefly has the right not to honor the GC if you use it on a membership.. says NEW MEMBERS ONLY
It's said that for a few months now. Never had a problem putting my card on. Reason dictates that they are working on a way to automatically deny certificates on existing members, but they don't have that system in place yet.

So do you guys buy more than one gc? What do you do at the end of the three months?
You can buy multiple and redeem them all at once, if you want. Near the end of the 3 months, just buy another certificate or else just let them charge you (definitely a better idea to try a certificate, it's ~23 bucks for 1 month while it's ~35 bucks for 3).

I might as well add another confirmation, for anyone still nervous. I've been redeeming these for about a year as well, went to do so again today and noticed that New Members Only part, and got concerned. After seeing that it was still working for some people, I went ahead and tried my luck - No problem. Still able to add onto current members accounts.
does it screw up how long i've been a member for? like right now i've been a member for 6 months with 1 game out at a time and I get a 5% discount on used games. I don't want to lose that. Will it change something going from 1 game at a time to 2 games at a time with the certificate? or restart my membership date since it says "new members only"?

so i tried it out, still a 6 month member. I have a 1 game out plan that renews the 25th of every month so the 2 games won't start until next month... sucks I have to wait a whole month.

so i tried it out, still a 6 month member. I have a 1 game out plan that renews the 25th of every month so the 2 games won't start until next month... sucks I have to wait a whole month.
You can upgrade now and pay the difference (It reduces the price dependong on how long until your next payment period). It's under your profile settings at the top right.

Just for the holiday(s). They usually do one of these sales around Thanksgiving/Christmas, but this is the first year I've seen the "new users only" stipulation stated above. If you have a long standing account, be cautious.
Prices are always this low

A few years ago it was only the hollidays, but they changed that for a long time.

The only thing "new" they did was change the 2 month GC to 3

Sweet I just signed up for gamefly with the free trial. Will try to get this before my free trial expires. I hope they send me assassins creed 4. Cool that u can get ps4 and Xbox 1 games.

Just a heads up about buying these:

• Bought a three month certificate. 
  • A week before the first month is up I filed a game as lost, since Gamefly didn't receive it in 10 days.
  • My account is shut down. 
  • They receive the game the following day.
  • They refuse to refund my gift certificate.
Now I'm out $39 after a very single lousy month of service.

Just a heads up about buying these:

• Bought a three month certificate.
  • A week before the last month is up I filed a game as lost, since Gamefly didn't receive it in 10 days.
  • My account is shut down.
  • They receive the game the following day.
  • They refuse to refund my gift certificate.
Now I'm out $39 after a very single lousy month of service.
has to be more to the story then this. i had 4 games lost and account never closed

has to be more to the story then this. i had 4 games lost and account never closed
  • Didn't get a game (Last of Us) months ago. No problem.
  • Filed a report for them not receiving Sonic Heroes. No problem. PLUS, they receive Sonic the following day.
  • Filed report for them not receiving New Mario Bros, account gets shut down. They say they'll reactivate upon receiving Mario. They receive Mario THE NEXT DAY, they then tell me they can't reactivate my account. They stop responding to e-mails and their customer service rep hung up on me when I inquired about getting a refund on my gift certificate.
  • They said they "might" reconsider reactivating if i send back Zelda. I returned it immediately upon receiving it this morning (and filmed a video of me doing so in case they decide to give me even more trouble)
That's all the details.

I'm also worried because I bought a game during the $5 off sale and normally they ship the following day or day of. They still haven't shipped out that game.

• Filed a report for them not receiving Sonic Heroes. No problem. PLUS, they receive Sonic the following day.
  • Filed report for them not receiving New Mario Bros, account gets shut down. They say they'll reactivate upon receiving Mario. They receive Mario THE NEXT DAY, they then tell me they can't reactivate my account. They stop responding to e-mails and their customer service rep hung up on me when I inquired about getting a refund on my gift certificate.
  • They said they "might" reconsider reactivating if i send back Zelda. I returned it immediately upon receiving it this morning (and filmed a video of me doing so in case they decide to give me even more trouble)
That's all the details.

I'm also worried because I bought a game during the $5 off sale and normally they ship the following day or day of. They still haven't shipped out that game.
what game was it.. if its a low video game it can be cancelled. my nascar for the 3ds still has not shipped ... nice thing is if you added more then one game to the order and one gets cancelled you get the better deal

Example

game 10

Game 10

game 10

Game fly promo 5

gamefly promo 5

gamefly promo 5

TOTAL 15

if they would cancel one of your games your total would fall from 15 to 5 (at least that is how they did it last year)

what game was it.. if its a low video game it can be cancelled. my nascar for the 3ds still has not shipped ... nice thing is if you added more then one game to the order and one gets cancelled you get the better deal

Example

game 10

Game 10

game 10

Game fly promo 5

gamefly promo 5

gamefly promo 5

TOTAL 15

if they would cancel one of your games your total would fall from 15 to 5 (at least that is how they did it last year)
Is there a button to cancel or would I need to contact their customer support? I kind of would rather not deal with them directly until my account issue is settled / they stop treating me like a criminal for games that aren't even lost.

That's all the details.

That is way more than average. I've been a member for years on and off and the only issues I've had is one game not working and two or three games being late after I've returned them. Do you live in an area where FastTrack (FastMail?) is availabke? My guess is someone was nicking your mail.

That is way more than average. I've been a member for years on and off and the only issues I've had is one game not working and two or three games being late after I've returned them. Do you live in an area where FastTrack (FastMail?) is availabke? My guess is someone was nicking your mail.
I think someone did snag Last of Us. Since I was on vacation when it arrived.

But Gamefly got back the other two games the day after I reported them "lost". So just really slow transit times. But they basically are refusing to reactive my account for games that they did receive. They're not even listed as "lost" anymore, they clearly say "received" in my account history.

I'm a little confused by GameFly's tactics. They've got gift certificates for:

2games/3months=$36.50

2games/6months=$94.95

But since codes seem to be stackable if you just bought 2 of the 3 months certificates it only comes to 2games/6months=$73.00

It could be that I'm tired but am I missing something here?

I'm a little confused by GameFly's tactics. They've got gift certificates for:

2games/3months=$36.50

2games/6months=$94.95

But since codes seem to be stackable if you just bought 2 of the 3 months certificates it only comes to 2games/6months=$73.00

It could be that I'm tired but am I missing something here?
You aren't missing anything, a lot of people will automatically get the longer one if they want that duration due to perceived savings without closely looking at prices. Since I have been buying them for two years It has always been better to buy multiples of shorter duration GCs.

If any of you are leery of the "new members" language, Costco has a pretty good deal up on their website, which has been running for sometime. 6 Months (2 at a time) for $90. So, not quite good as the 3-month deal, but its close. This is how I've been funding my GF membership.

You aren't missing anything, a lot of people will automatically get the longer one if they want that duration due to perceived savings without closely looking at prices. Since I have been buying them for two years It has always been better to buy multiples of shorter duration
Since these are for "new" memberships, they apparently throw in a free month with each GC. This makes the savings higher than 15%... highest savings for shorter terms.

So do the prices of the gift certificates stay the same? Or is the 15% thing just because of the holidays? Thanks.

just had my mom buy me a 3 month 1 game out for xmas, hope when i redeem this on xmas morning it works with my existing acct

just had my mom buy me a 3 month 1 game out for xmas, hope when i redeem this on xmas morning it works with my existing acct
Those worried about it they WILL WORK just saying THEY HAVE THE CHOICE TO NOT HONOR IT but never seen them cancel someones account

if you do buy more then 3 months maybe dont stack more then 6 months at a time (i mean dont go crazy and stack 2 to 3 years

bread's done
Back