GameFly gives away a PSP a day in May...

I just had sixty people beat me on 1up.com, I don't think I want to try this. If only it was a few months from now, I'd do it.. sounds good, though.

[quote name='Scorch']I just had sixty people beat me on 1up.com, I don't think I want to try this. If only it was a few months from now, I'd do it.. sounds good, though.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I signed up for the free trial last week and cannot get access to the page where you can pre-pay for two months.

I've sent an email to their website to see what people can do to get into the drawing.

However, a GameFly account is not required to enter. You may enter simply by sending a 4x6 postcard (no envelopes please) with your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) and mail it to: GameFly Sweepstakes, PO Box 5326, Culver City, CA 90231-5326. Each entry must be mailed separately and received by May 31, 2005 or if entering online all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 31, 2005. Limit one entry per person.

[quote name='bannstr']However, a GameFly account is not required to enter. You may enter simply by sending a 4x6 postcard (no envelopes please) with your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) and mail it to: GameFly Sweepstakes, PO Box 5326, Culver City, CA 90231-5326. Each entry must be mailed separately and received by May 31, 2005 or if entering online all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 31, 2005. Limit one entry per person.[/QUOTE]
What does mailing away do? If you got your entry in exactly May 31st, at best you are entered in the May 31 drawing... sounds a little suspect.

[quote name='CheapyD']GameFly is giving away a new PSP every day in May to new subscribers who pre-pay for their first two months of service. I'd love to see a few winners from CAG!

List of winners [/QUOTE]

waaait, let me get this straight... so now for the slim possibility of getting a new handheld, we no longer can get a guaranteed free magazine subscription?

i'd say "where do i sign up?" but not only would that be incredibly tired and unfunny, but we were already told where to sign up, so it would be completely pointless. :(

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmmm, I'll pass.....the odds of me winning are slim, and the service was not that great....turnaround sucked.[/QUOTE]

Further proof that Sony can't even give the damn things away :p

[quote name='CheapyD']Did somebody say PCP?

http://zeroes.overclocked.org/narc.htm[/QUOTE]

WTF?!
:rofl:
attachment.php

if i entered today i would be eligible for every day of the contest? or only today? if its every remaining day in may i will definitely do this.

I was about to sign up for this until I noticed the following:

void in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.

Just a heads up to anyone in those states hoping to win. I was a little disappointed.

Also, you're only entered in the contest for the day following the day you sign up.

Whoa, I totally didn't see that, cjmunoz. I better add that to the OP and front page.
I wonder why its void in those states...

[quote name='cjmunoz']I was about to sign up for this until I noticed the following:

void in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.
[/QUOTE]

Gamefly: Screwing over the east coast one day at a time.

There isn't a way to enter online without being a member, right?

I might do the postcard thing if I get extra motiviated. (Probably not worth the stamp, though.)

Anyone know if you still get the magazine subscription with this contest? Or if you still get the subscription if you do the 10 day trial?

[quote name='Elrod']Anyone know if you still get the magazine subscription with this contest? Or if you still get the subscription if you do the 10 day trial?[/QUOTE]
It seems the contest is in liu of the mag subscription. Not sure what happens if you don't pre-pay. If they don't mention the magazine, you probably won't get it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Whoa, I totally didn't see that, cjmunoz. I better add that to the OP and front page.
I wonder why its void in those states...[/QUOTE]
It is almost certainly due to those states' laws, and not to an arbitrary decision by GameFly.

[quote name='CheapyD']Whoa, I totally didn't see that, cjmunoz. I better add that to the OP and front page.
I wonder why its void in those states...[/QUOTE]

Probably because it's a shady business practice. Think about how many gullible people they will get to sign up for 2 months with the hopes of winning a PSP. I guarantee you the profit will be at least 10x the cost of a PSP.

Ever wonder why some contests say "No Purchase Necessary"? Because.. if there was a purchase necessary, it would be more like gambling than a contest... But... cool I guess.

If I signed up for gamefly before but cancelled now can I still reopen my old account and enter for the free PSP a day contest by prepaying for two months?

[quote name='yogi99']If I signed up for gamefly before but cancelled now can I still reopen my old account and enter for the free PSP a day contest by prepaying for two months?[/QUOTE]

The contest is for new subscribers only.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Probably because it's a shady business practice. Think about how many gullible people they will get to sign up for 2 months with the hopes of winning a PSP. I guarantee you the profit will be at least 10x the cost of a PSP.

Ever wonder why some contests say "No Purchase Necessary"? Because.. if there was a purchase necessary, it would be more like gambling than a contest... But... cool I guess.[/QUOTE]

all contests say no purchase necessary

becuase its illegal to require an entry fee

i wonder if they'll enter me in the contest if ive been renting PSP games Lol

"To Enter. Limit one (1) entry per individual or household. Each new customer who signs up for a GameFly pre-paid subscription during the month of May will automatically be entered to participate in the Sweepstakes drawing occurring the following day during the month of May. However, a GameFly account is not required to enter. You may enter simply by sending a 4x6 postcard (no envelopes please) with your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) and mail it to: GameFly Sweepstakes, PO Box 5326, Culver City, CA 90231-5326. Each entry must be mailed separately and received by May 31, 2005 or if entering online all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 31, 2005. Limit one entry per person. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries. All entries received become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned by the Sponsor."

[quote name='Gotchaforce']"To Enter. Limit one (1) entry per individual or household. Each new customer who signs up for a GameFly pre-paid subscription during the month of May will automatically be entered to participate in the Sweepstakes drawing occurring the following day during the month of May. However, a GameFly account is not required to enter. You may enter simply by sending a 4x6 postcard (no envelopes please) with your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) and mail it to: GameFly Sweepstakes, PO Box 5326, Culver City, CA 90231-5326. Each entry must be mailed separately and received by May 31, 2005 or if entering online all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on May 31, 2005. Limit one entry per person. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries. All entries received become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned by the Sponsor."[/QUOTE]

I suppose I have been pwn3d.:cold:

bread's done
Back