Gamefly Members Check Your email for a $10 off a $30+ game coupon exp 1/21

I got it, but I don't know how much value there is since there's not a single $30 game available for sale that I could find. Of course, I do have two games I could use it with that I already have at home. I'm considering keeping Valkyria Chronicles for $24 since I already have $10 in coupons.

wait until you rent a game that retails for $30+ then use the coupon for keep it now. I might use it on something like afro samurai or whatever else comes out before the month is up.

My coupon says its expires on Jan. 21, which would make it tough for people to use the coupon on any game they don't already have.

Yeah, they're pretty cleaned out for stuff in they're store. Better to keep what's in your Q if you like it. I'm going to keep Viva Pinata TIP once the FAST RETURN logo goes away. Guess they have to receive the other game first before I can buy it. Weird.

damn definitely says Jan 21 GF thinks they are slick nice marketing tactic. give a million coupons when there is shit left in the store lol.

long time members you can also use your $5 off coupons as well, so this is basically $15 off any game over $30. Mirrors edge is $37 normally so if I keep it after shipping should be about $25. Not too bad.

[quote name='mr ryles']long time members you can also use your $5 off coupons as well, so this is basically $15 off any game over $30. Mirrors edge is $37 normally so if I keep it after shipping should be about $25. Not too bad.[/quote]

I'll keep Tomb Raider Underworld. It comes out to $23.xx before tax after 10% off + $5 off coupon + $10 off. Sweeeet.

It needs to be just $10 off any game that would be better. I am waiting for gamefly to mail me anything today and I have over 10 games and they are not mailing anything. The refused to mail LOTR conquest even though it was at the top and I have had both of my games in since yesterday. I am canceling next week before they bill me again.

EDIT: Thats weird I went to the Q and it says they mailed LOTR today, I may not cancel after all. It's like they heard my complaints. It shows up as keep it now for $47.99 so it would be $37.99 with the coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arg, Viva Pinata is 29.99. Curse you! No way I'll be able to use this on something new. Guess I could keep far cry 2, but I haven't tried it out yet. Drat.

Just picked up Dead Space for $27.59! ($10 off coupon, $5 off loyalty coupon, and 10% off) Great Deal![FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah, I thought it was something of a joke too... absolutely ZERO PS3 games for sale. BUT, they are on to something. They got me to keep my copy of MK vs DC after this and another coupon in my account. Totally not worth it, but I've had it sitting on my floor for a week and my trial is about to run out and I've spent all of 1 hour on it so far. What's funny, is this will probably be the most I pay out of pocket for a game for a very very long time.

I've got GH:WT out and I don't think its worth $33.xx A/C. I actually have a disc from Gamefly that isn't too scratched up for once.

This is primarily for keeping games. GameFly almost never has games in the store over $30 anyway, so this sale isn't for that. I am totally keeping Valkyria Chronicles for 38 bucks. The 21st is still a week away if you live close to a shipping center you might be able to get a game that is worth keeping.

Thanks, I will have to check this out not. Great find (I would have found it eventually but still) .

See if I can get Valkyria Chronicles.

I've purchased games from them recently but no coupon, not a member. Only a few 360 games over $30 anyways...

the only 360 games this coupon will work for are soul calibur 4 (34.99) and too human (33.99). yeah, the store is pretty picked over. only 18 360 games for sale!

so basically yeah, it's only useful for games that you have and want to keep. i better play mirror's edge and see if it's worth $25. from what i've read, i doubt it.

Oddly enough I never got the Email, but sure enough it shows up on my Gamefly account. Thanks OP! I may just in fact get Valkyria Chronicles with this ^_^ Just gotta get it sent out to me in time!

Thanks for this. I didnt get the email, but saw it sitting in my account. I bought Grid. I had it from Gamefly since it came out and havent played it yet. :) Just too many good games out that I havent made it a priority. The funny part is, the game was $28.89 through Gamefly a few days ago. I couldnt figure out why they increased the price to $30. Now I know... $20 seems a great price for it though and it frees up one of my four slots for another game.

[quote name='goomba478']Oddly enough I never got the Email, but sure enough it shows up on my Gamefly account. Thanks OP! I may just in fact get Valkyria Chronicles with this ^_^ Just gotta get it sent out to me in time![/quote]

It's amazing how many times I see people say they want this, but they won't buy it until a deal pops up.

Well QiG, we are CAGs after all. I have a backlog of hundreds of games, so I seldom buy a game at retail for full MSRP unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary (happens about once a year...maybe). Deals are deals, and money is tight, so you can't blame us :) It's a shame that the game didn't sell better, but I blame it more on bad marketing by Sega rather than CAGs holding out and waiting for the price drop.

Damn, need to use fast return in order to get a game shipped and buy it while it's in transit since there is no mail on 19th. Coupon is valid all day 21st tho, so it adds a *little* time...

[quote name='goomba478']Well QiG, we are CAGs after all. I have a backlog of hundreds of games, so I seldom buy a game at retail for full MSRP unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary (happens about once a year...maybe). Deals are deals, and money is tight, so you can't blame us :) It's a shame that the game didn't sell better, but I blame it more on bad marketing by Sega rather than CAGs holding out and waiting for the price drop.[/quote]

Hundreds? Gak! I thought mine was bad. I have an excel spreadsheet with what I want to finish, start and what I'm working on to finish and what I need to download. It's sick, but not hundreds. Of course then something like Chrono Trigger pops up and throws the whole schedule/list off. :lol:

[quote name='QiG']It's amazing how many times I see people say they want this, but they won't buy it until a deal pops up.[/quote]

What the above poster above me said. I also have a big backlog of games, and even though I have had to convince myself to stop buying on impulse I finally managed to hold off on this one. I will buy this game, it just that patience is required and this seems like a nice enough try. Its no guaranteed but I can try and see if the send it on time....

Sad thing is the only deal apart from Walmart YMMV 30 dollar deal, is the 1st week it was out, when the had it at CC for 44.99 new 1st week of release. No deals after that I'm afraid (that I recall).

Damn... didn't even know I had this in my account, but it's sure there. Never received the email about it. Just got my $5 member rewards coupon too, so looks like I'll be picking something up at $15 off.

Well, I changed my next three are Banjo, Tales, and Eternal Sonata for the PS3. So I'll try whatever comes next and maybe buy.

I shouldn't ahve told you people that. Now you'll all add them to your Q!

I may just keep GoW 2 for $37.99. I haven't seen it discounted for less and like it more then I thought I would.

It is kind of pissing me off they're letting people buy games at a discount that I have had trouble getting. With a queue of 10 new releases (like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space) its been taking about five days to ship a game out to me.

Lame. The game I have out is garbage and by the time they ship my next one (30 games in my Q and NONE are available right now) the coupon will have expired. Gamefly is pissing me off more and more these days.

[quote name='swiller']I may just keep GoW 2 for $37.99. I haven't seen it discounted for less and like it more then I thought I would.[/quote]

Probably a decent buy compared to most of the newer games available right now. It should hold a pretty good value for a while... Plus, Gamefly's copy will come with the code to get the Flashback map pack, unlike used copies of the game sold elsewhere. I bought my copy from Gamefly for $43 back when it first came out.

The game will hopefully be much better online after the upcoming patch. Right now, it's kinda plagued by crappy matchmaking and players that either quit or exploit glitches.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Lame. The game I have out is garbage and by the time they ship my next one (30 games in my Q and NONE are available right now) the coupon will have expired. Gamefly is pissing me off more and more these days.[/quote]

In that case, can I see if these stack?

Sweet! I'll have 2 $5 coupons after tomorrow. The only problem I'm having is that the only over $30 game available to me is Too Human (360.)

Deciding on either Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe or LOTR: Conquest

I'll see if Gamefly will drop MKvDCu's price over the weekend. If so, then I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll buy it anyway the day before it expires.

Nothing of note for me with my Gamefly coupon. Not much for sale now and my titles I have checked out as still too expensive for me to buy from them when I know they'll be $20 in 6 months or so.

[quote name='hoofrog']I have L4D at the house now. L4D for less than $30? Yes please.[/quote]

So you are the one.:twoguns: I sent back a game hoping to get L4D next...especially when i saw that GF gave members $10. Availability is still low thanks to you. Oh well. Fallout 3 is on its way, and I guess I'll keep it for $30 after coupons and 5%.

I've noticed when these incentives are given out, the short exp date really gives you one chance to mail in the game you have (if you don't want it) and try and get your desired game...and hope like hell it is available.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']where can I go to see if I have this coupon in my account?[/quote]
It's in Gamefly Dollars under account activity.

I have both SR2 and L4D...not sure which one to keep (if any). I wasn't expecting to buy any other games other than MLB THE SHOW 09.

I had L4D and used the $10 coupon-- $40 after tax. I had $5 loyalty bucks, but they wouldn't let me combine coupons. Is there a trick to doing that?

bread's done
Back