GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coltin']Then what racing game do you like? Hot Pursuit is a great racing game[/QUOTE]

I like a lot of racing games, gran tourismo and burnout paradise recently, I even liked Blur more than hot pursuit. I hated in HP trying to crash other cars or avoiding crashing, it just didn't feel fun to me and was the meat of the game. The spike strips and road block stuff was fun though.

I hated the load times most of all, when replaying the same event trying to get a better medal I would want to re-run the event over and over. When you want to start the event again you have to wait for the lengthy load time. Then each event had a little intro animation that would have to load, you can skip the animation to a point. If you skip it you face a short load time and then still have to watch a lead up animation that is not skippable. All the load/skip/unskippable time adds up when I was messing up with in the first 30 seconds of an event and wanted to restart.

Some may like it and think it is great, obviously I didn't.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']OH man NFS is completely sold out, is it that good? I generally don't like racing games that aren't Burnout. If it comes back, would I like this if I don't generally like games like Forza?[/QUOTE]

Hot Pursuit was made by the Burnout people (Criterion). If you enjoy Burnout, Hot Pursuit will be a similar experience.

Is Duke Nukem legitimately bad, in the gameplay sense, or is everyone a bit harsh because they were expecting it to be the greatest thing ever?

Also, I probably should have asked this before I bought it.

[quote name='iwannadie']I like a lot of racing games, gran tourismo and burnout paradise recently, I even liked Blur more than hot pursuit. I hated in HP trying to crash other cars or avoiding crashing, it just didn't feel fun to me and was the meat of the game. The spike strips and road block stuff was fun though.

I hated the load times most of all, when replaying the same event trying to get a better medal I would want to re-run the event over and over. When you want to start the event again you have to wait for the lengthy load time. Then each event had a little intro animation that would have to load, you can skip the animation to a point. If you skip it you face a short load time and then still have to watch a lead up animation that is not skippable. All the load/skip/unskippable time adds up when I was messing up with in the first 30 seconds of an event and wanted to restart.

Some may like it and think it is great, obviously I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with not liking it, I was just curious.

[quote name='Survivalism']Is Duke Nukem legitimately bad, in the gameplay sense, or is everyone a bit harsh because they were expecting it to be the greatest thing ever?

Also, I probably should have asked this before I bought it.[/QUOTE]

It's really bad idk how but I managed to beat the game

If your a fan you will like it I guess but I never played it before and this was my first time experiencing what it was about and it was corny

For those curious about Brink's online community (someone asked a few pages ago) and didn't see a response...On the 360, it wasn't very active last time I checked but for $10, the bots aren't that bad if you're stuck playing without humans IMO.

The SP was actually more appealing than the MP for me which was rare as normally with shooters, it's the other way around.

[quote name='Coltin']Nothing wrong with not liking it, I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yea and nothing wrong with people liking it, just thought I would throw it out there since everyone seemed to praise it.

[quote name='Survivalism']Is Duke Nukem legitimately bad, in the gameplay sense, or is everyone a bit harsh because they were expecting it to be the greatest thing ever?

I honestly enjoyed the game and I am in the middle of playing it on insane hard difficulty which is pretty brutal. The game is good if you go into it knowing what you are getting. It is an old game with modernized visuals. It plays like a FPS shooter from 15 years ago which is fine, I enjoyed the games back then. It is not a modern FPS game, the puzzles are very basic, the enemies are very basic and it is otherwise over the top Duke style.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Pretty sure the online community for Brink will experience a revival if enough of us buy it :applause:[/QUOTE]

Honestly brink isn't some seriously short-term game everyone is calling it. It's pretty fun if you like objective based combat. It's definitely worth $10 it never was a $60 game though

i just started playing through it tonight. Its pretty basic FPS with simple puzzles but its a fun game. Controls are good if you are used to 3D realms and ID games like Doom and obviously duke. I think its pretty solid gameplay. Worth the 10 if you ask me.

Dammittttt! Had NFS in my cart and forgot about it while playing a couple quest in Dead Island.....i really didnt think it would sell so fast geez...

[quote name='akir']sold out so damn fast because it's still $18 trade in at bb.
slickdealers jizzed themselves over that.[/QUOTE]

Did not look like it got huge play over there. 31 comments...more on this site.

Just can't help yourself huh?

Anyway gamefly only allows two copies so it isn't a flippers wet dream.

First rule of fight club we don't talk about fight club. Just Kidding. I am sure it will go down (bb TIV) now...

[quote name='akir']NFS - $18
DNF - $13
Brink - $7[/QUOTE]

Good way to get a time out really...Especially since it is a CheapyD thread.

[quote name='akir']lets hope best buy drops them before just to lol at the people buying to flip[/QUOTE]

You are a funny one to figure out...

Yea I bought Bulletstorm and Castlevania that I absolutely wouldn't have purchased if not for cheapy impulse buys. LOL life of a CAG...

I would love to get DNF, (as I tried to get Bulletstorm a few days ago), but for some reason there is "Something wrong with my account." It's pissing me off since I e-mailed them after missing the Bulletstorm deal because of that BS, and they can't even tell me what the "problem" is. If I miss this sale because of this again, I'm not buying from them ever again.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You are a funny one to figure out...[/QUOTE]

akir is just trolling now. Just upset that gamefly doesn't allow many copies of one game but they still got beat to the punch by people who actually want to play the game.

Obviously a troller with some kind of axe to grind. Don't let them get to you.

[quote name='JungleRot']akir is just trolling now. Just upset that gamefly doesn't allow many copies of one game but they still got beat to the punch by people who actually want to play the game.

Obviously a troller with some kind of axe to grind. Don't let them get to you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I started to get that vibe. I have no problem people getting a profit on a game trade but at least PLAY the game first.

Really would like to play Brink but even at $10 finding it hard to pull the trigger =/ Was a big fan of Wolfenstein ET way back when and wanna check it out since it's the same developer and same game style but most reviews have torn it apart.

NFS: HP is back in stock for PS3 if anyone's interested. I decided to get one--I'll try to decide before it gets here whether I want to keep it or trade it in.

Just added NFS:HP to my cart, went all the way through and it was removed from my cart after I hit checkout for being out of stock again :(

[quote name='hswbaz']Just added NFS:HP to my cart, went all the way through and it was removed from my cart after I hit checkout for being out of stock again :([/QUOTE]

Sadly you're not thee only one :(

Huh... my copy of Bulletstorm came last night, and it was the Epic Edition. Not bad for $10!

Damned good game, too... shooters these days try to be too damn serious.

I did all over your face.

really give nfs hp a chance. for $10 that's an insane value. fantastic game. hate that these were being picked up just to flip, but luckily gamefly has 2 limit, so that makes it better than people ordering 10 each.

and akir?! wtf dude? troll much?
thanx cheapyd, can't wait for tonite's deals.

hey cheapyd, did you get to meet sasha grey at all when doing the voicework for saints row 3? i know probly not, but just saw that her and hulk hogan both did voicework in sr3. peace!

I know DNF got middling reviews, but after that development cycle, part of me decided I needed to have it at some point, and at $10, I'll bite.

I enjoyed the hilarity in Eat Lead, even with the meh gameplay...I figure this'll be not quite as funny, but with at least slightly better gameplay. So that works for me.

Getting DNF, for $10 it's worth the playthough and hoping for NFS: HP to restock.

Gonna try and see if they will ship me a NFS: HP if I queue it and then just "Keep It Now".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back